Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Training Camp, with 100% More Bob Evans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
LOL people with Beau Bennett on the 1st line and Dupuis on the 3rd.

Ahh, the naivety of youth, so adorable.

;)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Ahh, the naivety of youth, so adorable.

;)

No kidding, then the pure panic of the pre season and stats, is this reality?

You don't move a guy that has had 2 damn solid years back 2 back and has played like a top 6 winger for a kid that has less than 40 games at the NHL level and has yet to earn that shot. It would be better for Beau's development to play on Sutter's wing and round out his game with a few shifts with Geno's line and Sid's line here and there. Beau will be that guy some day, he's a regular at this point and an instagram wizard, let's just be happy about that.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

You don't move a guy that has had 2 damn solid years back 2 back and has played like a top 6 winger for a kid that has less than 40 games at the NHL level and has yet to earn that shot. It would be better for Beau's development to play on Sutter's wing and round out his game with a few shifts with Geno's line and Sid's line here and there. Beau will be that guy some day, he's a regular at this point and an instagram wizard, let's just be happy about that.

Oh.

That's not what I meant. =(

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
With Zatkoff backing up Flower, is there a chance we see Hartzell start a game in the NHL this year? I'm just curious about him, looked great with Quinnipiac, and justseemed to be under the radar in the Pens system, which isn't a bad thing. Down the road he might progress into a great goaltender, after his successful college career. If anyone has any information on him, please pass it along. At 24, he seems like he'll be clicking on all cylinders sooner rather than later, but I could be wrong.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
There's something masochistic about it.

This team could ice a roster far superior to the one it will ice, but then Bylsma wouldn't be the special little guy that he is.

And there's also plenty of fans who want to be disappointed. It's a wonderful combination for everyone, except... well, everyone.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus

I don't exactly get it what you are trying to convey with this, but Dupuis does not have the toolbox of a self-operating offensive player. He is fast, can buzz around and has the hands to finish, but those abilities take you only so far when Crosby is shut down. As the 4th line will be glasses and adamses, effectively wasting any offensive upside for whoever plays as the third wheel, the juggling has to happen on the other three lines. Dupuis is a no-go for 2nd because he does not find any chemistry with Malkin, so the only logical location for him outside top line is 3rd, where he could do more damage while seeing less minutes agains opponents' shutdown lines.

Point being, there are better options to have a look at for Kid Crosby's right wing than Duper. Beau Bennett would have been a fantastic starting point for such ventures.

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Kobasew-Sutter-Dupuis
Zolnierczyk-Vitale-Adams

Problems solved.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I don't exactly get it what you are trying to convey with this, but Dupuis does not have the toolbox of a self-operating offensive player. He is fast, can buzz around and has the hands to finish, but those abilities take you only so far when Crosby is shut down. As the 4th line will be glasses and adamses, effectively wasting any offensive upside for whoever plays as the third wheel, the juggling has to happen on the other three lines. Dupuis is a no-go for 2nd because he does not find any chemistry with Malkin, so the only logical location for him outside top line is 3rd, where he could do more damage while seeing less minutes agains opponents' shutdown lines.

Point being, there are better options to have a look at for Kid Crosby's right wing than Duper. Beau Bennett would have been a fantastic starting point for such ventures.

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Kobasew-Sutter-Dupuis
Zolnierczyk-Vitale-Adams

Problems solved.
Approved. My only problem in that lineup is Adams, but his place in the lineup is solid as a rock in Bylsma´s world. Harry Z is 1000x better than Glass and even a little child can see it in a milliisecond. So, as long as Z plays over Glass, I will be a tolerant man to many other decisions Bylsma makes.. Because I know how badly Disco loves Glass and how heartbreaking it would be for him to take that trash out of the lineup.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON

I really don't care if you didn't understand the OP, you are spot on. Dupuis is a great player. He has just become one of the playoff scape goats. Having Duper and Sid together gives you so much speed to deal with. He is one of the only wingers that can keep up with Sid. I love Beau, but trading Duper out for him is not a great idea.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Kobasew-Sutter-Dupuis
Zolnierczyk-Vitale-Adams

Problems solved.

IcedCapp likely agrees with everything you said there. The point of Capp's post was to just to say Bylsma is not going to break up KCD.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I really don't care if you didn't understand the OP, you are spot on. Dupuis is a great player. He has just become one of the playoff scape goats. Having Duper and Sid together gives you so much speed to deal with. He is one of the only wingers that can keep up with Sid. I love Beau, but trading Duper out for him is not a great idea.

Why not?

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Approved. My only problem in that lineup is Adams, but his place in the lineup is solid as a rock in Bylsma´s world. Harry Z is 1000x better than Glass and even a little child can see it in a milliisecond. So, as long as Z plays over Glass, I will be a tolerant man to many other decisions Bylsma makes.. Because I know how badly Disco loves Glass and how heartbreaking it would be for him to take that trash out of the lineup.
So when has Byslma ever shown that he is a "Glass Lover"? He was pulled out of the line-up the majority of the time in the playoffs. I also think Tanner Glass is much better than he showed last year.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
For the reasons above. Speed, speed, and speed. Now, Beau and Duper would be ok, but I think Kunitz is more effective with Sid

Skill skill skill. I'd like to see more of that with Sid. Dupuis will bring his game anywhere you put him in the lineup.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
So when has Byslma ever shown that he is a "Glass Lover"? He was pulled out of the line-up the majority of the time in the playoffs. I also think Tanner Glass is much better than he showed last year.
He was regularly in the lineup over BB and the others during the regular season and played every game until Bylsma finally realized that he was absolutely tortured by every Isles´ line he faced...

He was absolutely awful in every aspect, he does nothing well. And yet again, Bylsma comes with the comment that Glass in the 3rd line role is a possibility. I wonder how this guy has a job in the NHL, let alone a contender playing him 1.1M per year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad