2013 training camp thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i want people to know that the prior 2 years i thought the wild made the right moves (for the most part) so i was very positive. this is the first year i ? some of the moves which makes me not as positive. ballards "ok" but we needed a shut down D-man like ference (just named cap of the oil) or a crease clearing D-man 6-5 beast that could skate. (not sure who) your article points out how weak our power play was. maybe lack of chemistry not players. (i hope). IF the secondary scoring comes through, if the power play is much better, if backs gaa down to 2.3 we could be very good. not cup winners but improvement which i would like to see.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I'm between the two of you. Very well done and enjoyable for both Wild and national fans (something we all complain about). That said, definitely think the Wild can be worse.

In other words,

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I wouldn't, at least not yet.

Koivu, as for now, is our franchise player. He's spent his entire career here, he's the captain and he's very good in what he does.

Let's get back to this question once Parise and Suter have played a couple of seasons here. But right know, it's Koivu. And it's not even close.

You sir are drunk.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I wouldn't, at least not yet.

Koivu, as for now, is our franchise player. He's spent his entire career here, he's the captain and he's very good in what he does.

Let's get back to this question once Parise and Suter have played a couple of seasons here. But right know, it's Koivu. And it's not even close.

So are Suter and Parise and they are MUCH BETTER at what they do.

Also do you really think that when something needs to be said that Parise and Suter sit in the corner and let Mikko do the talking?? Get Real. I would bet Parise and Suter are much more vocal in that room.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Im done arguing though..I like Mikko a lot and he is one of my favorite players. Although he is not an elite player in this league like Parise and Suter he is a dang good player and one we need now and for the next few years giving us a horse down the middle who can play defense and make plays as well.

*sigh of relief. Done arguing useless stuff.

In other news..its almost thursday! Go Wild.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Here we go again another Finn cries because we don't think Mikko is the second coming. Nobody is bashing Mikko I just simply stated he is not this teams franchise player..whether the fans around the league, Parise donning Wild fans at the Xcel..FSN north advertisements..TSN player rankings or Craig Leipolds wallet have to prove it to you I could care less. Koivu isn't this teams "franchise player". Zach Parise is.

Nobody is saying he isn't a hell of a hockey player or that we aren't a fan of his..because I am a big fan. He's a great player.

Disagreeing with you isn't crying :teach:

Just because Koivu happens to be a Finn doesn't mean all of us are a bunch of biased homers.

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Here we go again another Finn cries because we don't think Mikko is the second coming. Nobody is bashing Mikko I just simply stated he is not this teams franchise player..whether the fans around the league, Parise donning Wild fans at the Xcel..FSN north advertisements..TSN player rankings or Craig Leipolds wallet have to prove it to you I could care less. Koivu isn't this teams "franchise player". Zach Parise is.

Nobody is saying he isn't a hell of a hockey player or that we aren't a fan of his..because I am a big fan. He's a great player.

I'm *****ing because a lot of you guys are *****ing about nothing. There has been so much *****ing about how everything is horrible when the season is yet to start. I don't give a **** anymore, cry as much as you want and start preparing for the 1st overall pick, who the **** cares.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
World is gonna ****ing end because Zucker got sent to farm, predicted lineups are **** because Yeo is shuffling or is not shuffling lines, fire Yeo blah blah blah.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Lets be a bit more negative so we can get to the best possible negative mindset. I think we will start 0-82. Also Wild lost some pre-season games so it's a lost season anyway.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Lets be a bit more negative so we can get to the best possible negative mindset. I think we will start 0-82. Also Wild lost some pre-season games so it's a lost season anyway.

You know, I think you're on to something here...

And he's actually right, in a very angry way. Some of the pessimism and negativity around these parts is just not healthy. (Sharppi don't let them get you too)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
anchorman-i-dont-know-what.gif

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
^omg. Anyway training camp is over. Wish I could lock this up. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
You sir are drunk.

So are Suter and Parise and they are MUCH BETTER at what they do.

Also do you really think that when something needs to be said that Parise and Suter sit in the corner and let Mikko do the talking?? Get Real. I would bet Parise and Suter are much more vocal in that room.

Im done arguing though..I like Mikko a lot and he is one of my favorite players. Although he is not an elite player in this league like Parise and Suter he is a dang good player and one we need now and for the next few years giving us a horse down the middle who can play defense and make plays as well.

*sigh of relief. Done arguing useless stuff.

In other news..its almost thursday! Go Wild.

So, did you even read my post or did you just go "Blah blah Koivu blah blah franchise player blah blah"?

And did you know that it's possible to attach multiple quotes to a single post? You don't need to post THREE ****ING TIMES. Multi-quote button is your friend.

Jesus ****, some people...

Last edited:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I see the posters are getting ready for their season form. :laugh: How about we enjoy the fact that we can even argue who's the franchise player or the best player.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Guys, it's hockey time today! Who's gonna watch Habs-Leafs?

Maybe - if I want to **** up my sleep schedule this early.

I'm planning on watching the Sabres game as well - that would mean I'd have very little sleep three days in a row. :laugh:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think a lot of people don't realize how long it takes to build a championship contender. Five years of assembling quality players and then another few years depending on how fast kids develop.

I mean the Kings drafted Kopitar EIGHT years ago and Brown TEN years ago.

Hell, the Hawks drafted Toews SEVEN years ago and Kane SIX years ago.

[That just made me feel really, really old.]

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think a lot of people don't realize how long it takes to build a championship contender. Five years of assembling quality players and then another few years depending on how fast kids develop.

I mean the Kings drafted Kopitar EIGHT years ago and Brown TEN years ago.

Hell, the Hawks drafted Toews SEVEN years ago and Kane SIX years ago.

[That just made me feel really, really old.]

Your problem on the Hawks, they won their first cup 3 YEARS ago. Took them only 4 years after drafting Toews, 3 after Kane.

Seems the Wild should be pretty close to ready... Granlund, Coyle and Niederreiter were drafted 3 years ago. ;)

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Seems like we are ready for the season..

Plan the parade!

No no no! Not like this..We're doomed!!!

This is awesome, we're gonna make it this year!

Aaaarrrghhh!!!! Fire 'em all! Burn everything, run to the hills..

In other words, the time has come, it's hockey season! I'm lookin forward..

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad