2013 training camp thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Alright, the off-season is pretty much over now. It's time to get serious.

The Wild will have two free, open-to-the-public sessions this weekend. On Saturday, the Wild will practice at 9:30 a.m. Gate 1 opens at 9:15. On Sunday, the Wild will scrimmage at 11 a.m. Gate 1 opens at 10:45 a.m.
Wild announces training camp roster; Practice, scrimmage open to public this weekend

Who's going?

The Wild has signed veteran center David Steckel to a pro tryout, multiple sources say. Steckel, 31, a 6-foot-6, 215-pound native of Milwaukee and former Ohio State standout, has long been one of the NHL's best in the faceoff circle.
Veteran center David Steckel signed by Wild to pro tryout

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I'm a little sad Dumba isn't wearing 55 anymore.
Any chance any of these games end up on FSN or the alternate channel?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

tumblr_inline_mi0uvsQltM1qz4rgp.gif

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Really hoping there is at least a stream for those scrimmages. Knowing this org though, I doubt it.

What does that mean? Does every team in the NHL open up the doors so fans can come in and watch scrimmages for free?

OpRedDawn*

What does that mean? Does every team in the NHL open up the doors so fans can come in and watch scrimmages for free?

The vast majority of the org is pretty clueless when it comes to anything.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The vast majority of the org is pretty clueless when it comes to anything.

Yeah, I'm with you. I miss days of Doug Risebrough, Chris Simon, and the empty pool of prospects. I miss the days when we knew that our GM and ownership group would sit on the sidelines and not go ofter the top UFAs available.

It really sucks that we have lots of young good players coming up through organization. It sucks that we have an agressive GM who is not afraid to pull the trigger on a deal if he feels it will improve the franchise. What the hell are they thinking?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
the point is, they didn't hire a rando from the message board when they had a chance or we'd have several cups by now.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if they hired me we'd have atleast 3 more 2nd rnd picks in the cupboard. CF hasn't done everything right, how many times do we have to cover that? i think i'll catch a scrimmage, anyone know if any autographs after?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
if they hired me we'd have atleast 3 more 2nd rnd picks in the cupboard. CF hasn't done everything right, how many times do we have to cover that? i think i'll catch a scrimmage, anyone know if any autographs after?

No GM has....

OpRedDawn*

Yeah, I'm with you. I miss days of Doug Risebrough, Chris Simon, and the empty pool of prospects. I miss the days when we knew that our GM and ownership group would sit on the sidelines and not go ofter the top UFAs available.

It really sucks that we have lots of young good players coming up through organization. It sucks that we have an agressive GM who is not afraid to pull the trigger on a deal if he feels it will improve the franchise. What the hell are they thinking?

it's pretty clear i'm not referring to GMCF...

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I'm excited, I think the Islanders made a huge mistake trading him for Clutterbuck.

Some of them are defending it by calling him a problem child. But even in their own fanbase, most tend to realise how bad that trade was.
I still can't believe it, Ninos downgrade is above Clutterbuck-level, with his ceiling being a lot higher.
Believe me, there won't be any issues with him, he's a winner type and fan favourite.
I think my man-crush is obvious ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad