Speculation: 2013 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Why trade anything for Bishop? The goalie market is going to be flooded with serviceable backup types that could push Kari or whatever and fill in if he gets injured.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Why trade anything for Bishop? The goalie market is going to be flooded with serviceable backup types that could push Kari or whatever and fill in if he gets injured.

Bishop's a fairly young guy who has all the talent to be a starter. I'm talking about adding a guy who hasn't fully reached his potential and would give us not only that stability we need now, but actual goaltending depth in the organization and options a year or two down the road. He's an actual asset, not a stop-gap like the rest. What if he proves to be just as good as Kari? Then you have options. Nice options.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Depending on the return I could see Jagr going.
Wouldn't be too upset if he stuck around.

It seems likely Morrow wont be resigned.
Would like to see him go, but wouldn't be super upset either if he chose to finish up his contract here in Dallas.
It is what it is.
Kinda in the same boat with Robidas.

If there is room, i'd like to see Nystrom resigned; would be kinda bummed to see him go.

Roy is probably the most desired FA under Ribiero.
I hope they talk to him and gauge the likelihood of his return to Dallas.
If he doesn't see himself returning (AKA not taking a friendly deal), then ship him out.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't know...i would love to keep Nystrom around. He doesn't score much at all but his never give up attitude is something Dallas needs.

Nystrom is good at what he does and every team needs guys like that, but in the realm of average NHL players he's a dime a dozen. If some team wants him for depth gearing up for the playoffs, which is exactly the kind of player most teams will target, he could get a decent return.

The goal of this deadline should be either adding young players who are ready to make the jump to the NHL (i.e. Chicago, Pirri) or as many good draft picks as possible. More deals can be made at the draft, which having extra picks greases the tracks. We could probably get a better return for Robidas at the draft than we could right now.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
To be honest i'd be quite bumped to lose Nystrom, he's an awesome depth forward and seems like a great team guy and is well liked by the fans. KEEP HIM!

As for the guys that should be dealt are the obvious Morrow and Robidas.

I'm so so on Roy. If we get a good offer that has a young player who is NHL ready + then ship him out of here. If he stays then we better get him signed.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Nystrom's playing for a contract. I think he's done a very good job of proving he's a solid role player, but... I don't know if he'll continue that after getting his contract.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I wouldn't miss anyone 30 or over.

Piqued and I agree on most things besides Roussel. Nystom's okay but as he's shown he's a good energy fourth line guy who can kill penalties. That has value to someone. If they can get a 5th or better move him. Otherwise whatever happens, meh.

Bkennedy*

Do you guys think JC getting called up could possibly be to use him as trade bait? I know teams like WSH/Buffalo would love to have him.

His play in the U-18 Olympics and memorial cup wins in the OHL have made him a hot commodity, when they drafted him Mike Smith was "Future to a trade to TB" now a team like WSH or BUF could without a doubt use him for a future and both squads are rebuilding. Maybe Morrow or someone (Likely Louuuu) + JC and a return like Vanek or Ovi? :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
Do you guys think JC getting called up could possibly be to use him as trade bait? I know teams like WSH/Buffalo would love to have him.

His play in the U-18 Olympics and memorial cup wins in the OHL have made him a hot commodity, when they drafted him Mike Smith was "Future to a trade to TB" now a team like WSH or BUF could without a doubt use him for a future and both squads are rebuilding. Maybe Morrow or someone (Likely Louuuu) + JC and a return like Vanek or Ovi?

I highly doubt he's being used as trade bait as his value is low. Goalie prospects who haven't played an single NHL game just don't bring large returns.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Sutherby is not anywhere near the quality of player Nystrom has proven to be in his two seasons here -- I would hate to lose him.

Whether he's better than Sutherby is beside the point. The point is Nystrom is a good 4th liner on a good team. Those guys are replaceable as we will soon find out with Nystrom. For example, Sceviour is a perfect guy to replace him and he brings the ability to take faceoffs to boot. I liked Rob DiMaio but I wasn't exactly banging my head against a wall when he left.

Like Piqued said, anyone over 30 is fair game.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

His play in the U-18 Olympics and memorial cup wins in the OHL have made him a hot commodity, when they drafted him Mike Smith was "Future to a trade to TB" now a team like WSH or BUF could without a doubt use him for a future and both squads are rebuilding. Maybe Morrow or someone (Likely Louuuu) + JC and a return like Vanek or Ovi? :P

Are you actually proposing we trade Eriksson for Vanek or Ovechkin?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
So much for that supposed good will generated by paying him during the lockout due to his surgery.

aloonda*

So much for that supposed good will generated by paying him during the lockout due to his surgery.

he's a tool
watch his promo video
it is like watching bull durham
he thinks he needs a quadraphonic blaupunkt

what he really needs is some balls

he needs to be traded and gone for some players with some balls/heart

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
he's a tool
watch his promo video
it is like watching bull durham
he thinks he needs a quadraphonic blaupunkt

what he really needs is some balls

he needs to be traded and gone for some players with some balls/heart

Do you not believe in capitalization, paragraphs, complete sentences, or punctuation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad