Speculation: 2013 Trade Deadline II

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
To finish this discussion, isn't Faska a few years behind and what we hope to become similar to Couturier?

Basically Philly doesn't really need him but by trading him they upgrade their defense and get a center prospect back that they may need when Briere's contract is finally up.

I'd be perfectly happy with LT's trade too. Connauton, Glennie and a 2nd is chump change along with Goligoski for Couts. That's a deal I make all day long.

Sony Eriksson*

To finish this discussion, isn't Faska a few years behind and what we hope to become similar to Couturier?

Basically Philly doesn't really need him but by trading him they upgrade their defense and get a center prospect back that they may need when Briere's contract is finally up.

I'd be perfectly happy with LT's trade too. Connauton, Glennie and a 2nd is chump change along with Goligoski for Couts. That's a deal I make all day long.

You mean the Vezina winning Jack Admas Glennie?

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Paul Stastny to DAL

It is more of a question than anything: Should Dallas go after him as a 2nd-line center?

Here are a few highlights:
  • Decent size: Height = 6-0 // Weight = 205
  • .858 PPG (career)
  • .701 PPG (last 3 seasons)
  • .518 FO% (career)
  • .538 FO% (last 3 seasons)
  • $6.6M AAV thru 2013-14 season (we can afford it)

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Colorado would love to "get rid of" him, so he might come fairly cheap. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be asking for the same contract as last time. Dallas wouldn't be asking him to be Malkin or anything... just a solid 2C.

Could he be an affordable (beyond next season) longer-term solution at 2C?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What about this?

If Dallas does get a Top 6 picks, and does draft one of the centers, wouldn't that making trading Goli and adding for Coots a bad deal?

I hadn't considered that angle.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Colorado is always looking for D ... if they'd take Goli, I'd consider it.

Stastny has an injury history though. It's a risk.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Petr Stastny was my favorite player when I was a little kid, so in that respect I'd love to see Paul come here. Heart aside, I'm a little leery. He was darn good offensively his first three seasons, but his numbers have been on the decline since. I also think he's on the softer side. But if he can even put up 60 points a year and we can pay him accordingly when his contract is up after next season, I'd take him. He may just need a change of scenery.

I'd definitely do it if they take Goligoski. As for his health, he's only missed 12 games the previous three seasons combined so I'm not that concerned there.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Nah if you get say Barkov and Couts you move Benn back to wing.

Benn-Bakov-Eriksson
Whitney-Couts-Smith
Fraser-Eakin-Chiasson?
Roussel-Fiddler-Sceviour
??

Daley-Dillon
Oleksiak-Larsen
Rome-Benn
??

Assuming neither Morrow or Nemeth make it out of camp. They may want to give their kids a few more months in the AHL before bringing them up.

The defense still sucks but I bet is better at the end of the season than the beginning and is building toward something rather than just floundering around out there.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What about this?

If Dallas does get a Top 6 picks, and does draft one of the centers, wouldn't that making trading Goli and adding for Coots a bad deal?

I hadn't considered that angle.

Benn back to wing. Easy.

Barkov - Couturier - Eakin/Faksa down the middle would be absolutely sick.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Per Dreger on NHL Network .... Detroit looking for a longer term solution on D.

Give 'em Goli!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nothing I want from Detroit. Don't need anymore wingers, and they won't move their first or Jarnkrok/Smith.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Nemeth is healthy ... posted tweet from 100 Degree in AHL thread ....

They can't sit on the D they have. They don't have spots for everyone to play that needs to play.

Oleksiak, Morrow, Connauton, Gaunce, Nemeth ... I honestly truly believe you've got to keep playing Wrenn and sign him to an ELC. Wild how many D they have.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Yeah they can't rotate d-man and expect them to develop individually or gain any chemistry for the playoffs. Someone has to go in another trade because going down to Idaho probably won't help much either.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah they can't rotate d-man and expect them to develop individually or gain any chemistry for the playoffs. Someone has to go in another trade because going down to Idaho probably won't help much either.

I doubt it happens, but I think the plan a laid out in the TX forum is the best solution.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Pleasantly surprised to find that Goligoski has interest, at least on twitter. Do the right thing Joe, even though I know you won't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad