Speculation: 2013 Trade Deadline II

Verbal Kint

Oct 9, 2007
So disappointed if Robidas isn't moving anywhere. At least they could have got a 2nd rd pick for him, you would think so.

I just can imagine how bad he will be next year...

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
well at some level you can't just trade all of your players.

but yeah given the situation with the amount of young defenders we have, I would have liked to see either Robidas or Daley shipped out. Most of the good returns this year were for players that the purchasing team could keep around for a year or two. I wonder if he'll be worth as much at the next deadline.

Verbal Kint

Oct 9, 2007
I was more thinking of Dillon's living conditions with the Robidas family. Just adds a minor complication.

Oh, i didn't know that.

All in all, i'm quite happy with the result of this years deadline. Of course you would hope that they could have got better return in Jagr, but that said, they got a great return in Morrow/Morrow deal.

So much looking forward to this teams future :yo:

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
The returns of yesterday look ok in light of todaypicks were kept as were prospects-I guess you have to wonder what the fascination with defense was and why Koko was not available or wanted. the team as it stands now is awful but I guess they have money and a ton of defense prospects to get a center in a year where the FA crop is lousy at that position. The reality is that this team is further away than ever. on a top team like CHI or Pitt other than benn and erikkson whitney who cracks a lineup. Robi or daley bottom pair somewhere? GoGo not likely?

Joe has destroyed this team to the point we cannot even field one tonight-it is rumored that erikkson is playing center

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jackets are going for it, cool to see.

They can only stockpile disappointing picks for so many years, right?

Their fans deserve better. Interesting to see how Gaborik does over there, although he's already familiar with Dubinsky and Anisimov I guess.

Also wondering if Mason's finally going to kick-start his career again in Philly.

Sony Eriksson*

I feel for Luongo! He has all but mentally flipped off the Canucks!

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Extremely disappointed to see Robidas still on the team. Until that entire old leadership core is moved out the job won't be finished.

MetalGodAOD*

Extremely disappointed to see Robidas still on the team. Until that entire old leadership core is moved out the job won't be finished.

Agreed. He's the one constant to our horrible defense, and he had value. Dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad