Speculation: 2013 Trade Deadline II

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I wonder how many teams were aware that Forsberg was on the table. Hopefully his name never came up in any conversations with GMJN.

Seems like a move GMJN would do (the trading of Forsberg) GMGM is about to get ****canned, so he made a horrible trade in order to attempt playoff success. Doubt anybody but Nashville knew.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That Forsberg to Nashville deal is going to sting for a lot of upcoming seasons.

I thought it was a joke :laugh:

Brown's tweet about the trade was pretty good though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What he means is that pretty much everything around Robidas has changed, and yet it's still as awful as ever.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
From the previous thread...

I think Joe is married to Goligoski for the simple fact that if he trades him for futures it basically forever acknowledges that the Neal trade was a bust. He can't self correct. I would be in favor of it depending on the return but I also would be in favor of moving Robidas. At least one of the small defensemen needs to go and it might as well be the old guy who's never going to contribute to a winning team here because of his age.

I disagree. It takes balls to admit a mistake and move on. As long as Goligoski is playing poorly here it will always make people think of that trade. If you get rid of him Neal turns into a collection of assets or another player. It becomes more palatable to everyone.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
What he means is that pretty much everything around Robidas has changed, and yet it's still as awful as ever.

Was wondering if that's what he meant. Thanks. I guess I just don't have a problem with his play, especially since the second half of the season. I get wanting to get value, but he hasn't been as bad as people make him out to be.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Goligoski + Glennie for Kulikov

Fixes the two glaring mistakes on his resume.

Sucks that that isn't realistic at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad