Prospect Info: 2013 Summer Development Camp – July 10-12 – First Niagara Center – Updates in OP

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
If your are a season ticket holder, you will get however many seats you normally have for free, so if you have 2 season tickets, you'll get 2 free tickets to the scrimmage.

LaxSabre: Sabres should include our tickets in the next mailing of our season season ticket invoice - which we should get sometime this week as our next payment is due the middle of the month.

Update: I re-read the "Sabres Summer Fan Fest" press release and they are going to send us season ticket holders instructions on how to claim our free tickets. We should get that included in the mailing of our next season ticket invoice. (Probably have us go to our account, click on a special link that gives us a choice if we want the tickets or not. If we do want them, then we will probably get a choice of printing them out at home or have the Sabres send them to us via regular mail.)

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They've shortened the format due in part to the number of guys who have been in town for work this June. It will be less about the training aspects, that the conditioning camp isn't as long as previously.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
didnt see it posted but camp is only wednesday thru friday this year

Crud! Finally get a Monday and Tuesday off from work and I can't take advantage. (Was planning on attending either one of those days practices) Unless I can switch days with someone, it will just be the scrimmage for me. (I can attend that since I only work until 2:30 pm ET) Trying to see if one of my fellow STHers (ones that sit around me) will be able to attend with me - Dads not interested.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Didn't want to make a thread for it, but I wonder what the Traverse City lineup will look like. Without much regard to lines, it seems to look something like:

Catenacci-Grigs-Armia
Girgensons-Larsson-Jacobs
Sundher-Kea-Bailey
Hurley-Schaller-Baptiste
x Nelson, Malone, Possler (?), Locke

Zadorov-Pysyk
MacKenzie-Ristolainen
Austin-JGL
x Florentino

Makarov
Knapp
Lieuwen
Ullmark (?)

McCabe and Compher, among others, will be off at college. (Does anyone know if Malone is going to Harvard this year or next?) I assume Pysyk and Larsson will be there because they've only played professionally for one year in North America. MacKenzie should be there because he is young (still only 21), lost a year of development because of his leg injury and, in general, could use the reps.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Didn't want to make a thread for it, but I wonder what the Traverse City lineup will look like. Without much regard to lines, it seems to look something like:

Catenacci-Grigs-Armia
Sundher-Kea-Bailey
Hurley-Schaller-Baptiste

Zadorov-Pysyk
MacKenzie-Ristolainen
Austin-JGL
x Florentino

Makarov
Knapp
Lieuwen
Ullmark (?)

McCabe and Compher, among others, will be off at college. (Does anyone know if Malone is going to Harvard this year or next?) I assume Pysyk and Larsson will be there because they've only played professionally for one year in North America. MacKenzie should be there because he is young (still only 21), lost a year of development because of his leg injury and, in general, could use the reps.

I'm pretty sure Malone is going to Harvard this fall.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I emailed Ted.

I just got back to my office from draft week/weekend. We don’t yet have a final listing of who will attend development camp. When we do, it will be posted on our website along with the other FanFest activities on July (Friday, July 12 scrimmage, concert and fireworks). Thanks, TNB

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Really weird request here guys, so bear with me. I'm hoping that somebody who can attend can do an audio recording of a good chunk of the action. Sounds of scrimmage, or even positioning drills, whatever. I need my hockey sounds fix, the puck on the stick, the scratch of the blades.... :laugh::facepalm:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
i see fridays scrimmage is at 4pm, but is there any word on what time the camp starts on Wednesday and Thursday?
Wednesday, July 10
*Group 1: 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
*Group 2: 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Thursday, July 11
*Group 1: 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
*Group 2: 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Friday, July 12
*Blue & Gold Scrimmage – Begins at 4 p.m. – $10

I emailed Ted.
"The camp will feature approximately 40 Sabres prospects, including the team’s 2013 NHL Draft picks, all of whom are scheduled to participate in camp. A preliminary development camp roster will be available early next week."

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

Catenacci-Grigs-Armia
Sundher-Kea-Bailey
Hurley-Schaller-Baptiste

Zadorov-Pysyk
MacKenzie-Ristolainen
Austin-JGL
x Florentino

Makarov
Knapp
Lieuwen
Ullmark (?)

No CHL'ers drafted this year, they have to be either inn the NHL or returned to junior.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Assuming they're gonna kick us out between groups, if we still get to see those.

The press release on the Sabres site saids each practice session open to the public and its free. Since there is a three hour gap between the end of the first practice session and the start of the second practice session, they are going to kick everyone out. (Sabres should have something for the fans - who want to attend both sessions for that day - to do for those three hours. They could have the prospects sign autographs, do arena tours that include the locker room/press boxes, show those Blue and Gold videos and highlights of Sabres games on the jumbotron or open the restaurant in the 200 Level and show them on the TVs.) No mention of parking situation but I'm going to take a guess and there will be some parking spaces saved in the ramp and they will be free.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I still think there are more days to the camp, only that they're not public and/or on-ice, as both Baptiste and Compher are coming into Buffalo today and tomorrow respectively for a week of camp. I assume there's the usual off-ice measurements, testing, instruction and training, as well as some form of team-building exercise (ie. 2012's Navy SEALs beach training) and acclimation to Buffalo.

Also, I updated the camp's GDT in post #42 a few days ago. I will wait for their official release before adding measurements. As of now, Gjurich remains the only invitee. There are 39 other ELC and/or draft picks expected to attend, with Armia and Larsson the lone two excused thus far.

To sum, that makes for at least 40 players (24 F, 4 LD, 7 RD, 5 G) in attendance.

Last edited:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
For a preseason tournament in Traverse City?

For reference (and consistent with what you're saying) last Traverse City tournament Catenacci, Lepkowski and Lieuwen all participated the same summer they were drafted

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I've either been living under a rock or have been slammed with non-hockey stuff, but I'm very excited to hear that Gjurich got invited to the camp. He's definitely got a NHL-caliber shot & hands, and he works hard. I'll try to make the scrimmage on Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad