Confirmed with Link: 2013 Rookie camp roster (September 5-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
So he's handsome & suffers from multiple personality disorder.

Uh. Look it's OK, but can we have a seperate 'he's hot' kinda stickie for the young and mature ladies?

Don't mind looking at a handsome guy myself, but I'm kinda into talking hockey.

Mods? There must be enough ladies here who love hockey, playing it as well perhaps, and Habs, but who would also enjoy a stickie on that.

Might look a bit wimpy on the main boards, but they will all do it too, eventually.

Meanwhile, if you ladies like hot Habs, go check out the hottest and best D winger to every play for Habs: Jimmy "I'll never be a model, but I will kill your PP until you die" Roberts.

http://ourhistory.canadiens.com/media/3196d1874aca4260/small/Roberts_Jim_headshot_001.jpg

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Let's hope Brady Vail doesn't have the low self-esteem that Leblanc has. If the only reason why Leblanc was invited directly in the main camp so that his little confidence wouldn't be shattered...how would you feel to be the only eligible draftee that is not invited to the main camp? He CLEARLY didn't deserve it....but Bozon didn't show anything. MacAulay, not enough. And Quailer being there is just the greatest joke on earth, probably just to hurt Vail a little more, would say a conspiracy theorist...Makes no sense whatsoever. You want to make people accountable for showing up....fine with me. Great. But apply it to everybody. Geez, I would have even considered not inviting Holland based on yesterday's game.....

I guess that's a test for your attitude Brady or....you have just been traded or will be traded in the upcoming weeks.

Where do you come up with this crap?

LeBlanc went stright to main camp because he is no longer a "rookie". He lost that designation in 11-12 playing 42 NHL games.

Rikiki Bousquet

Oct 3, 2012

LeBlanc went stright to main camp because he is no longer a "rookie". He lost that designation in 11-12 playing 42 NHL games.

Honestly, I might be wrong, but I think he only wrote about the fact that Leblanc might not have been invited to the Main camp since he was not that good recently. Nothing on the rookie camp.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
That's exactly why I added this link to the article!!
(so all of you can feast your eyes on Nystrom or Nygren!!:naughty::sarcasm:...I'm pretty sure lots of girls like the Nystrom or Nygren look!;)).

All jokes aside...Nygren is probably the 1st dman to replace either Markov or Diaz, no? in case of injuries. (and then...Beaulieu is right after).

J.Tinordi (now #24?, ex-Chelios #!!) is the 1st dman to come in in case of injuries to Murray, imo. (or if Emelin gets injured again after coming back in Nov or Dec). Can't wait for Emelin, Murray, Tinordi...to ALL be in the top 6 this year (as long as Subban and Gorges are there).

If (knock on wood against it!) Subban gets injured...oye ve.
(we would need another PK Subban). I really hope he continues being so resilient and mobile (knows hot to avoid checks to last longer, to avoid injuries while getting the puck out of the zone...smartest dman out there, also super crafty, imo).

Well... If Habs have Tinordi-Murray-Emelin-Gorges in the top six, the forwards will cry. They need to receive crisp passes on the go to be effective on counter-attack, while those 4 d-men will more often than not put the puck on the boards without creativity. I think you're overestimated them. A team also need good puck moving d-men. Not just one.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well... If Habs have Tinordi-Murray-Emelin-Gorges in the top six, the forwards will cry. They need to receive crisp passes on the go to be effective on counter-attack, while those 4 d-men will more often than not put the puck on the boards without creativity. I think you're overestimated them. A team also need good puck moving d-men. Not just one.

I don't think those 4 would be on the same roster full time. Once Emelin is back and Tinordi is ready for top 6 minutes, Murray becomes #7 or trade bait. I think it's good to have a strong PMD group...Subban Markov and Diaz with Beaulieu and Nygren potentially/eventually moving up.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Where's the rule about that? How many games do you have to play in the NHL to NOT play in the rookie camp? Oh and that "crap" also happens to have been said by a few of your fellow posters of this board....

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

I thought one had to play 55 NHL games to no longer be called "rookie"

nevertheless, it doesnt matter when it was a couple years ago i think, by default hes a "vet" now...

i dont know what to think about louis anymore...he was my BOY, living my dream! grew up in same neighbourhood as me and was so happy to see him score his first NHL goal, and ever since then, downhill

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I thought one had to play 55 NHL games to no longer be called "rookie"

nevertheless, it doesnt matter when it was a couple years ago i think, by default hes a "vet" now...

i dont know what to think about louis anymore...he was my BOY, living my dream! grew up in same neighbourhood as me and was so happy to see him score his first NHL goal, and ever since then, downhill

If there is no rule, the type of season he had last year did NOT make him deserve a place in the main camp. As small a number of games he played, I would have seen Tinordi way more directly at the main camp than Leblanc. Do people not remember the type of year he had? Or is the blame solely towards Lefebvre?

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I don't think those 4 would be on the same roster full time. Once Emelin is back and Tinordi is ready for top 6 minutes, Murray becomes #7 or trade bait. I think it's good to have a strong PMD group...Subban Markov and Diaz with Beaulieu and Nygren potentially/eventually moving up.

You're right. I would say those 4 CAN'T be on the same roster. It would be a nightmare.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If there is no rule, the type of season he had last year did NOT make him deserve a place in the main camp. As small a number of games he played, I would have seen Tinordi way more directly at the main camp than Leblanc. Do people not remember the type of year he had? Or is the blame solely towards Lefebvre?

Pretty sure they're just giving him the invite because hes a former first round pick and they just want to SEE definitively, if they want him apart of their plans or not

because alopt of people have arrived since his acquisition and dare i say he's expendable now

im pulling for him, but man the hill is steep

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
About what? Leblanc not being worth an invite to main camp? That would just be flat out stupid...

What would it be? Let say there are no rules like Monctonscout is saying there is. His performance last year prooved to everybody that he deserved to skip the rookie camp and go RIGHT in the main camp? I have no doubt that he would have done better than Brady Vail in this rookie camp, so don't worry, he would have deserved his place at the main camp...but to jump right in, based on the last year, was pretty surprising to say the very least.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Pretty sure they're just giving him the invite because hes a former first round pick and they just want to SEE definitively, if they want him apart of their plans or not

because alopt of people have arrived since his acquisition and dare i say he's expendable now

im pulling for him, but man the hill is steep

Fine with me then. Based on that. Point I was only trying to make is that based on the thread I started, I read a few posts about the fact that Leblanc might have been invited to give him confidence and so on to which my point was....well what about Vail now? Okay, he has time to pick it up as he's a fairly young kid, but cut from the US team....only draftee cut from his NHL team....young or not, it has to be freakin tough. I guess it's a test for the character.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Fine with me then. Based on that. Point I was only trying to make is that based on the thread I started, I read a few posts about the fact that Leblanc might have been invited to give him confidence and so on to which my point was....well what about Vail now? Okay, he has time to pick it up as he's a fairly young kid, but cut from the US team....only draftee cut from his NHL team....young or not, it has to be freakin tough. I guess it's a test for the character.

I dont think they invited leblanc to "boost his confidence" , this is more of a "last chance" i would think

management isnt 100% concerned with vail right now (my opinion)

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
MB said in an interview on RDS.ca that they didn't invite Leblanc because it's his third pro year and he has been in numerous rookie camps so he has nothing to learn there. Seems more like a wake-up call than a confidence boost to me.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

There were worst players than Leblanc last year who will be at the main camp...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Where's the rule about that? How many games do you have to play in the NHL to NOT play in the rookie camp? Oh and that "crap" also happens to have been said by a few of your fellow posters of this board....

I'm not sure the exact number of games to no longer being a rookie, I think it's 20. I m sure there is something in the CBA about rookie camps because guys like Drewiske Weber(last year) White etc would be invited.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I dont think they invited leblanc to "boost his confidence" , this is more of a "last chance" i would think

management isnt 100% concerned with vail right now (my opinion)

Why would it be a last chance? The guy is only 22 and had one bad year in 4 since being drafted, people are blowing it way out of proportion.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm not sure the exact number of games to no longer being a rookie, I think it's 20. I m sure there is something in the CBA about rookie camps because guys like Drewiske Weber(last year) White etc would be invited.

You considered Drewiske, White and Weber as rookies last year..?

Why would it be a last chance? The guy is only 22 and had one bad year in 4 since being drafted, people are blowing it way out of proportion.

Nothing is being blown out of proportion, especially at an age like 22, you BETTER be on the cusp of making the team you were drafted by or there is clearly something wrong (with the player OR organization),
Its more like you dont seem to understand just how quickly someone can be brushed aside/let go/ released in this business.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
You considered Drewiske, White and Weber as rookies last year..?

Nothing is being blown out of proportion, especially at an age like 22, you BETTER be on the cusp of making the team you were drafted by or there is clearly something wrong (with the player OR organization),
Its more like you dont seem to understand just how quickly someone can be brushed aside/let go/ released in this business.

I don't consider them rookies, but a team might insert them in rookie camp to help raise the calibre of play and intensity.

He was not only on the cusp but played half the year NHL at 20 and didn't look out of place. Smart teams are patient with young players and don't "brush them aside" quickly. Somne players take a bit longer to come but end up very good players(Markov Plekanec Desharnais Pacioretty Emelin).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Let's hope Brady Vail doesn't have the low self-esteem that Leblanc has. If the only reason why Leblanc was invited directly in the main camp so that his little confidence wouldn't be shattered...how would you feel to be the only eligible draftee that is not invited to the main camp? He CLEARLY didn't deserve it....but Bozon didn't show anything. MacAulay, not enough. And Quailer being there is just the greatest joke on earth, probably just to hurt Vail a little more, would say a conspiracy theorist...Makes no sense whatsoever. You want to make people accountable for showing up....fine with me. Great. But apply it to everybody. Geez, I would have even considered not inviting Holland based on yesterday's game.....

I guess that's a test for your attitude Brady or....you have just been traded or will be traded in the upcoming weeks.

Hopefully it's a wakeup call to Vail. I wasn't too impressed with him last year and thought he didn't look good at the USA summer camp. But being the only draft pick from last year not to get invited to the main camp has to be an eye opener for him.

As for the current AHLers, they usually always get an auto invite since they have nowhere else to go since the Dogs don't start their camp until the the last week of Sept.

A lot will depend on how he does this year, since he will have to clear waviers to play in the AHL next season. So if he struggles again, next camp they will need to make a choice on him or risk losing him to waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad