OT: 2013 Redsox/MLB Thread - Playoff Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

Don't understand it. They're wasting him.
Maddon is overrated as a strategist.

He's banking on getting good outings from Price and Cobb in games 2 and 3, and won't be using Peralta or Rodney tonight. But if they go into extras tomorrow or Monday, Archer might not be available.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Is it a big enough lead to sit Lester and save his arm for his next start?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
especially carrying only 11 pitchers.

if price is going tomorrow and cobb in game 3, you're banking on moore coming back for game 4 or the rumored jeremy hellickson. if price or cobb come up short early on, they have limited long men now.

it's odd.

acr*

Is it a big enough lead to sit Lester and save his arm for his next start?
No.

Remember game 5 against Tampa in 2008? Hell, what was the lead we blew to the Yanks about a month ago? 6 or 7 runs? I don't want Workman to turn it into a save situation and make us use Koji when we don't have to.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
No.

Remember game 5 against Tampa in 2008? Hell, what was the lead we blew to the Yanks about a month ago? 6 or 7 runs? I don't want Workman to turn it into a save situation and make us use Koji when we don't have to.

We have a strong rotation. I'd rather let Lester do his thing and save the bullpen.

I think saving the bullpen is more important tbh. Get as many innings out of the starters as you can.

Good points. Fair enough.

acr*

I love Archer hopping off the mound in celebration of the inning ending strikeout. Newsflash kid, it's 8-2.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
especially carrying only 11 pitchers.

if price is going tomorrow and cobb in game 3, you're banking on moore coming back for game 4 or the rumored jeremy hellickson. if price or cobb come up short early on, they have limited long men now.

it's odd.

I read earlier that Hellickson is starting game 4 with Moore backing him up. Don't know what that means, probably Price on short rest.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Some people on here will find a way to discredit another very good start for Lester in the postseason.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
ugh. No reason for Lester to be pitching the 8th.

acr*

Good outing for Lester. He could've fallen apart mentally and got blown out after the Rodriguez blown call and homer, but he stuck in there and got us into the 8th.

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
hey guys, i wonder if anyone can tell me who is the red sox's Number 1 pitcher, is it Buch because of his 12-1 record or is it lester, I'm not really sure and i hope someone can clear it up for me, thanks.

acr*

hey guys, i wonder if anyone can tell me who is the red sox's Number 1 pitcher, is it Buch because of his 12-1 record or is it lester, I'm not really sure and i hope someone can clear it up for me, thanks.
Buchholz is our "ace" if we have one on talent and production.

Lester started game 1 because right now he is our most reliable pitcher. Buchholz has only been back in the majors for a couple starts since missing several months with his injury, so Lester is better conditioned. Lester's been basically ace-quality since the start of August anyway. Lackey's going game 2 because his numbers at home are significantly better than those on the road, and it gives Clay more rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad