OT: 2013 Redsox/MLB Thread - Playoff Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I have a Son and future daughter in law who live near Pittsburgh so hoping for a Pirates/Sox WS. I'll be watching the WC game tonight on my TV and the Habs/Leafs on my tablet.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
workoutday.jpg

Beautiful!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The Rays not having to play today is pretty ********.

This.

It's absolute BS (esp in the 162 game grind that is baseball) that the team that busts it all year long to win the division does not get more of a benefit from it. TB v TEX should have been Monday, TB v CLE should have been Tuesday, and the regular playoffs should have started Wed, Thursday at the latest. If you are the WC, you SHOULD be at a decided disadvantage.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I say bring it on. Whether that be the Indians or Rays. I want the Indians, but would welcome having to beat the Rays. I hate that smug ***** Price. I hate that whole team and fanbase. To beat them would be lovely.

But I like the whole Tito aspect. Just incase we lost, I'd rather lose to him. Either way I'm ready. I just hope this team is too. I want to come out guns blazing.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Why the **** is Friday's game at 3? So stupid.

Because we're not the only team playing. The two games after us have west coast teams. One of them's on the West coast. Obviously that's the late game. And LA's a plenty big enough market that their game shouldn't be noon, local time.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I'm not sure why everyone is saying the Red Sox got screwed here. Theyre in the ALDS, the Rays/Tribe need to win a game to get where Red Sox are. It's a huge reward they got already.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm not sure why everyone is saying the Red Sox got screwed here. Theyre in the ALDS, the Rays/Tribe need to win a game to get where Red Sox are. It's a huge reward they got already.

Because the Rays are getting a huge buffer with a day off after each one game day. No real punishment on their bullpen, and extra time to rest up their starters.

No punishment on travel.

The whole point of this system is to make the division more important, but these whole days off between games is lessening it.

Cleveland has a right to be pissed too.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

It's not so much that the Red Sox are getting screwed, it's that Tampa Bay and even Cleveland are NOT getting screwed by being the WC's. I like having the WC's, but if you don't win the division and get in via the WC, it should put that team at a big disadvantage. Giving TB the tie off in between games has lessened that disadvantage tremendously should they face the Sox.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
It's not so much that the Red Sox are getting screwed, it's that Tampa Bay and even Cleveland are NOT getting screwed by being the WC's. I like having the WC's, but if you don't win the division and get in via the WC, it should put that team at a big disadvantage. Giving TB the tie off in between games has lessened that disadvantage tremendously should they face the Sox.

Their penalty is that they have to win tonight to even get to where the Sox are. 50% chance of going home before the ALDS isn't enough of a penalty for making it in as a wild card winner and not a division winner?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Because the Rays are getting a huge buffer with a day off after each one game day. No real punishment on their bullpen, and extra time to rest up their starters.

No punishment on travel.

The whole point of this system is to make the division more important, but these whole days off between games is lessening it.

Cleveland has a right to be pissed too.

This x10000000000

If Cobb gets lit up tonight and the Rays are into the pen early, yet still manage to win the game, they have a day to rest that pen. If they had to play tomorrow, they'd be at a significant disadvantage.

It's ridiculous that they have to play TWO play in games to get to the ALDS, yet can still set their rotation after those two games to throw Moore/Price in games 1 and 2.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You must have really hated the playoff system two years ago, then.

I just think that winning the division over a 162 game marathon season should actually mean something.

The way it stands now because of the way MLB scheduled the freaking Wild Card games, the Sox will still see Price and Moore twice each. What kind of disadvantage is that for TB? I get that they had to win two more games than Boston to get to the actual playoffs, but I just don't think that in itself is enough of a punishment for not winning the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad