OT: 2013 Redskins Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Also wanted to give Dhall some love, he's playing great football. On another note, I'd look to trade Fred and Moss for any draft pick you can get.

D Hall has been a beast. If he keeps playing like this, I have no problem signing him for another 1 year, vet minimum deal next year.

Will this be the biggest upset in Redskins regular season history if we beat the Broncos in Denver next week? Holy **** I want to win that game.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Merriweather should be jettisoned after the season. The guy is an idiot on the field.

Nice to get a win, albeit sloppy and ugly.

BrettXNA*

Also wanted to give Dhall some love, he's playing great football. On another note, I'd look to trade Fred and Moss for any draft pick you can get.

I'm not sure you would find any takers for Davis - he is a free agent after the season isnt he ?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I'm not sure you would find any takers for Davis - he is a free agent after the season isnt he ?

As is Moss. Maybe Carroll would want Davis for a late round pick and there could be some suitors for Moss, New England comes to mind.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
As is Moss. Maybe Carroll would want Davis for a late round pick and there could be some suitors for Moss, New England comes to mind.

New England already has two Moss-types in Amendola and Edelman. While their WRs are struggling, it's not because they lack a slot receiver.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm finally watching this game. So far I'm seeing this team do some really encouraging things before doing really discouraging things. If they can progress forward and find consistency things will get interesting. RG is looking even more like himself; it's good to see him taking another step forward after doing the same last week. He has made some questionable throwing decisions though.

D Hall is looking sexy.

Edit: EEEEEH Cutler looks like he blew up a quad or groin-thing trying to stay up on a hit. Leg injuries make me twitchy.

Edit 2: **** me, you mean Chicago put up as many points as they did with Cutler out? That's not doing much to prove me wrong about the defense being lucky the last two games.

Edit 3: RG needs to stop staring down receivers. These batted passes will turn into interceptions.

Edit 4: When they said it had been 28 games since Hester ran a TD back I knew the Skins would bust that slump. And there we are. This team makes it depressingly easy to be negative.

Last edited:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
New England already has two Moss-types in Amendola and Edelman. While their WRs are struggling, it's not because they lack a slot receiver.

They lack a veteran receiver, and Moss has played extensively outside as well, he's not exclusively a slot guy.

Just throwing a team out there. Not expecting much value for him or even much interest, but he isn't a part of the future here and would be worth moving if there's a buyer.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I'm finally watching this game. So far I'm seeing this team do some really encouraging things before doing really discouraging things. If they can progress forward and find consistency things will get interesting. RG is looking even more like himself; it's good to see him taking another step forward after doing the same last week. He has made some questionable throwing decisions though.

D Hall is looking sexy.

Edit: EEEEEH Cutler looks like he blew up a quad or groin-thing trying to stay up on a hit. Leg injuries make me twitchy.

Edit 2: **** me, you mean Chicago put up as many points as they did with Cutler out? That's not doing much to prove me wrong about the defense being lucky the last two games.

Edit 3: RG needs to stop staring down receivers. These batted passes will turn into interceptions.

Edit 4: When they said it had been 28 games since Hester ran a TD back I knew the Skins would bust that slump. And there we are.

@Edit 2 - There was a special teams TD and RG3's INT put the defense in a bad spot. The defense was ok, they allowed too many big plays and missed a lot of tackles. Merriweather being undisciplined and Pejorative Slured doesn't help either.

@Edit 3 - +1. Though for most plays he only has one or two reads, especially on the read option play-action.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@Edit 2 - There was a special teams TD and RG3's INT put the defense in a bad spot. The defense was ok, they allowed too many big plays and missed a lot of tackles. Merriweather being undisciplined and Pejorative Slured doesn't help either.

@Edit 3 - +1. Though for most plays he only has one or two reads, especially on the read option play-action.

My issue with the D is, listening to the radio and such, everyone is acting like they were fantastic the last two games. They played a horrible QB in Oakland, and against Dallas it looked like Romo and his receivers were killing themselves more than the Skins were making plays.

I haven't seen the Meriweather thing yet. Knowing him I'm guessing he does something needlessly dumb that costs the team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh, and Jordan Reed is the ****ing man. I picked him up in fantasy early in a big league as a gamble, I never expected a game like this. When it was clear Sleepy would be a bust I had to get someone, anyone to fill the gap.

Edit: OK, I'm sick and tired of the media types removing "injury" from injury descriptions. "Jay Cutler has a groin, and he won't be returning." I have a groin too, but I'm still able to walk. I've heard this terminology all season. Someone else had a hamstring earlier in the year...apparently you don't want to have a hamstring.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
It's like Cutler checked himself out of the game except I can't possibly believe the redskin defense could do that to a player. D Hall did get his hands on a few so maybe there is something he sees in Cutler.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's like Cutler checked himself out of the game except I can't possibly believe the redskin defense could do that to a player. D Hall did get his hands on a few so maybe there is something he sees in Cutler.

I'm interested to see how quickly he heals. The play looked really innocent.

I'm enjoying watching RG get out of bounds and avoid hits. He's had a lot of runs in this game alone where he would have taken a shot gunning for an extra yard or two last year.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I'm interested to see how quickly he heals. The play looked really innocent.

I'm enjoying watching RG get out of bounds and avoid hits. He's had a lot of runs in this game alone where he would have taken a shot gunning for an extra yard or two last year.

Oh yea I'm def glad he's running the option and at least trying to be safe. He had a few he turned inside today and IMO he has to show the threat. Besides I missed that play where he seemed to be good for 6-8 yards each time he decided to out run a defensive end. It really helps the drives where the skins get stuffed on first down.

The most enjoyable thing from today's game was that you could see the effects of what the redskins rush attack has when drives are sustained. Late last season they were really pounding it on teams. Loved the nugget about big Trent too being the best pass blocking tackle in the game. Guessing he took that title from Clady when he went down.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh yea I'm def glad he's running the option and at least trying to be safe. He had a few he turned inside today and IMO he has to show the threat. Besides I missed that play where he seemed to be good for 6-8 yards each time he decided to out run a defensive end. It really helps the drives where the skins get stuffed on first down.

The most enjoyable thing from today's game was that you could see the effects of what the redskins rush attack has when drives are sustained. Late last season they were really pounding it on teams. Loved the nugget about big Trent too being the best pass blocking tackle in the game. Guessing he took that title from Clady when he went down.

Trent rules.

It's amazing how much the offense has opened now that Chicago has to respect that RG can move. Everything is better.

Edit: Has Morgan ever made it to the 20 on a return? I understand he has to run when it's landing outside the end zone, but I'm getting increasingly pissed when he tries to run it out himself only to get to the 15, best case. I know he wants to make a play, but someone HAS to start recognizing his limits and tell him to kneel it.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Lol he runs it straight up the middle every time too. I'm not sure what philosophy they are going with but I do know there are kickers faster than Morgan. It's like they want more yards for the offense. Lol extra ball control!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lol he runs it straight up the middle every time too. I'm not sure what philosophy they are going with but I do know there are kickers faster than Morgan. It's like they want more yards for the offense. Lol extra ball control!

Burns: "Alright Josh. On this play, your blocker had you set up to get some yards on the right. You went left into three tackles. Why?"

Josh: "Well, when you put it that way, it makes me have second thoughts. I'll never do it ag--well, those second thoughts have passed. I'll carry on as usual."

Burns: "Whatever you think best. I'll block the ref for you."

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
So Bradford is done for the year.

Cousins and a third for our first back??:naughty:

Seriously if the rams make the right picks with what looks like two pretty high first rounders they could be dangerous. ESP on defense. It's awesome to know Seattle has to deal with them in their division :)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So Bradford is done for the year.

Cousins and a third for our first back??:naughty:

Seriously if the rams make the right picks with what looks like two pretty high first rounders they could be dangerous. ESP on defense. It's awesome to know Seattle has to deal with them in their division :)

The Rams suck. They were a sexy pick by the all the pundits to surprise people this year, and they're garbage. They're going to be garbage next year even with 2 1st rounders because now they'll be starting a rookie QB or Bradford coming off ACL reconstruction.

And if we're being honest, there's no chance I trade Cousins and a 3rd for our 1st back. I'd consider trading Cousins straight up for their 1st if it's top 5, but that's it. No way I'm adding to Cousins.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
The Rams suck. They were a sexy pick by the all the pundits to surprise people this year, and they're garbage. They're going to be garbage next year even with 2 1st rounders because now they'll be starting a rookie QB or Bradford coming off ACL reconstruction.

And if we're being honest, there's no chance I trade Cousins and a 3rd for our 1st back. I'd consider trading Cousins straight up for their 1st if it's top 5, but that's it. No way I'm adding to Cousins.
Garbage? We're not talking about the Jaguars here. I'm curious how both teams would fare if they swapped divisions.

You'd only "consider" a top 5 pick for Cousins? Trent Richardson just returned a low first rounder and you'd have to think about trading Cousins for a top 5 pick?

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
NFL expected to suspend Redskins S Brandon Meriweather for one to two games. Length still to be decided.

Dumbass.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I thought Merriweather was trying to be good. It is hard for some of these big hitter types to have to change the way they play and go far lower than they are used to.

Tough breaks for him. He was trying to make a play both times. Just hard being a defensive back in the league these days.

As far as our D went yesterday...man you have to give credit to the Bears backup. The guy played lights out and got hot. Its hard to stop any QB who gets on a roll like that.

We tried to stay back and we tried to bring heat. Zone and man to man. He burnt us regardless.

I've seen us get better at tackling these last few weeks so thats a positive. Hall has been outstanding.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Garbage? We're not talking about the Jaguars here. I'm curious how both teams would fare if they swapped divisions.

You'd only "consider" a top 5 pick for Cousins? Trent Richardson just returned a low first rounder and you'd have to think about trading Cousins for a top 5 pick?

Absolutely would I only consider a top 5 pick -- or to put it another way -- the highest of the Rams two picks. We are dealing from a position of strength at the most important position in sports. There's no reason or need to trade Cousins; RGIII is one hit or bad step away from ruining his career and Cousins is under contract for 2.5 more years. He's probably the best back-up in the NFL and he could probably start on 10-12 teams right now. Why settle for anything less? There's no point in giving away an asset like that unless it's an offer that blows you away.

Trent Richardson is an average running back who was dealt by a team in Cleveland in dire need of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Does that not tell you something? They realized it was a mistake and salvaged what they could. He was benched last night with the game on the line. Trading a 1st for Trent was a panic move by the Colts after Ballard and Bradshaw went down. RB's are a dime a dozen, we have two backs I'd take over Richardson in Helu and Morris. There is only one back in today's NFL worth a 1st round pick and that's AP.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Absolutely would I only consider a top 5 pick -- or to put it another way -- the highest of the Rams two picks. We are dealing from a position of strength at the most important position in sports. There's no reason or need to trade Cousins; RGIII is one hit or bad step away from ruining his career and Cousins is under contract for 2.5 more years. He's probably the best back-up in the NFL and he could probably start on 10-12 teams right now. Why settle for anything less? There's no point in giving away an asset like that unless it's an offer that blows you away.

Trent Richardson is an average running back who was dealt by a team in Cleveland in dire need of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Does that not tell you something? They realized it was a mistake and salvaged what they could. He was benched last night with the game on the line. Trading a 1st for Trent was a panic move by the Colts after Ballard and Bradshaw went down. RB's are a dime a dozen, we have two backs I'd take over Richardson in Helu and Morris. There is only one back in today's NFL worth a 1st round pick and that's AP.

I agree with all this. I simply wouldn't trade Cousins at all just yet if ever.

It would hurt us this year (not that it will probably matter) but how much help will it give us next year? Definitely some if the pick is decent. But the reality is that the $18 million will help us ALOT more along with having an excellent backup since our QB has had 2 major knee injuries in 3 years.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009

I realize he's probably more valuable to the Washington NFL team than most other teams, but we're definitely on different pages on how much a QB with 48 career pass attempts is worth. Or maybe the value of high draft picks. Carry on.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Redskins are trying to trade TE Fred Davis, per league source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad