OT: 2013 Redskins Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Fail to my lost post

More here on Chase at Keim's excellent blog

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/54037/redskins-camp-report-practice-observations

Apparently LeRib is overweight. I hated that pick from day 1. Missed a year, ballooned to 370+. Red flags big time to me. A reach in the 3rd round of course.

Henderson is roomy himself. So much for my prediction he steals a spot from a kid

Agreed Keim is doing a good job. Rise of The Bloggers in general on the interwebs.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The [REDACTED] are a great taboo...yet this is no problem!?

indians2.gif

Plus, the whole "Indian" thing.

Xaroc

Aug 3, 2005
The [REDACTED] are a great taboo...yet this is no problem!?

indians2.gif

Plus, the whole "Indian" thing.

Indian isn't really an offensive word. It is a misnomer but not offensive. That image is probably offensive. But honestly it isn't us who gets to choose what is an isn't offensive when the insult isn't about us. Also, just because someone else has an offensive logo or name doesn't mean it is OK for another team to.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
When actual REAL Indians come out and say they're NOT offended, then it's a non-issue. to me. There's always going to be a hyper-sensitive section of society.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
There's always going to be a hyper-sensitive section of society.
Yep. Certain publications banning the word itself I find pretty hilarious.

Unlike the UND Fighting Sioux there is no pressure being applied on the team by their league so it's a non-issue until that changes. I doubt it ever does.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Chris Baker, Fred Davis, Bacarri Rambo fined for penalties vs. Titans

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-bacarri-rambo-fined-for-penalties-vs-titans/

No

Fun

League

Defensive end Chris Baker received a fine of $15,750 for striking the quarterback below the knees, tight end Fred Davis $7,875 for his excessive touchdown celebration, and rookie safety Bacarri Rambo also drew a fine of the same amount for a late hit.

Baker received a roughing-the-passer call in the fourth quarter of the game.

Davis received a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after he caught a three-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins in the first quarter of the game. Davis fell in the end zone and acted as if he was getting electrocuted or having convulsions, drawing the flag.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Chris Baker, Fred Davis, Bacarri Rambo fined for penalties vs. Titans

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-bacarri-rambo-fined-for-penalties-vs-titans/

No

Fun

League

Defensive end Chris Baker received a fine of $15,750 for striking the quarterback below the knees, tight end Fred Davis $7,875 for his excessive touchdown celebration, and rookie safety Bacarri Rambo also drew a fine of the same amount for a late hit.

Baker received a roughing-the-passer call in the fourth quarter of the game.

Davis received a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after he caught a three-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins in the first quarter of the game. Davis fell in the end zone and acted as if he was getting electrocuted or having convulsions, drawing the flag.

Yeah all that for football plays that received in game penalties, yet the NFL approved the abortion that is the Jags new helmets. Go figure.

302w9ap.jpg

Speaking of helmets, I would love to see the Skins go back to the Gold R helmets. Would go great with the gold pants, and might just take some air out of the "change the name" balloon by getting the Indian head out of the picture:

30b3ak4.jpg

The uniforms just look so good:

2hygrva.jpg

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Did they install that field turf stuff at FedEx?

Does not sound like it for this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rf-not-an-option-for-fedex-field-next-season/

Despite the conditions, Redskins general manager Bruce Allen says field turf is not an option for FedEx Field next season. Per Mike Jones of the Washington Post, Allen did acknowledge that the Redskins missed a chance to re-sod the field prior to their Week 10 bye and added they wouldn’t make that error again.

The league is already looking into raising the quality of the playing fields across the league. While the Redskins will be sticking with natural grass next season, if they can’t ensure that field will be in a decent condition for the entirety of their schedule they may have no choice but to invest in field turf in the future.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I hope they never install that field turf crap. Nothing beats natural grass, and a team worth 1.5+ billion should be able to maintain a natural grass surface at a professional sports level.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yeah would be weird if they moved from natural grass. That late bye week last year they could have re-sodded it but didn't. Have to say that was most I've seen the field torn up in a long time towards the end of last season.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Kerrigan out of his sophomore slump? INT/TD and a sack/FF. Looks like it.

And the nickel package that saw Kerrigan in a 4pt stance at LE and the rookie Brandon Jenkins in his spot at OLB produced a good rush.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Al Galdi ‏@AlGaldi 8s
#Redskins calling Cousins injury a "mid-foot sprain" per @ESPN. Of course, that's what they first called Phillip Thomas' Lisfranc injury.

Well ****

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Missed most of the game short of the last 10 mins. That sucks hard about Cousins.

At least it looks like Kerrigan had a great game.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
X-rays on Redskins QB Kirk Cousins' foot negative and revealed mid-foot sprain. More tests Tues, but injury not thought serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad