OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If the infield was at DP depth instead of playing in, we're in the 11th inning right now.

Runners on 2nd and 3rd, no need for DP depth.

As for it being a catchable ball, sure whatever. Would've been a great play. Can't be mad that he didn't make it. Still waiting for you to post something of value Johnny.

EDIT: And nvm, I agree with your last post. Absolutely no way you throw through with Rajai on 3rd.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Great play my ass...it was hit right at him. I'm not mad, but he still could have made the play. Bad pitch by workman.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The ball was a laser. With the infield in. Christ, it's like some of you haven't even played baseball. To be expected on a predominantly hockey board though I suppose. To blame Drew on that play is ludicrous. Blame him for not hitting tonight if you want, but to blame him for that play shows ignorance.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just got home and watched the last few innings off the PVR.........Iglesias definitely would have had that. :sarcasm:

They had to lose one of those games at some point. Seems like every other game there's a big comeback win.

So how does JBJ's arm compare to Ellsbury's? It would have been tough for any center fielder to throw Davis out but other teams don't even hesitate one bit when the ball is hit to Ellsbury. He isn't throwing anyone out from center field with that arm.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You're trusting Mazz's baseball opinion (or any opinion of his in general)?

All I need to know.

Could he have caught it? Yeah. Should he have caught it? It was a tough play, so it's hard to fault him for not making the play.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nothing too ignorant about it BNHL, Drew can definitely make that play. It's also not a gimme by any means and he can't be faulted for not being able to make a clean play on a laser hit to him when is playing in.

There is no use comparing him to Iglesias though. Iglesias is an all world fielder. Drew is just good.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
Call me ignorant,Drew has that ball every other time,Iglesias almost every time.

he could have caught it.

that doesn't mean he should have.

that's the point.

johnnyduke has a pretty well known hatred of both stephen and jd drew though, so i'm not surprised.

league average shortstop: .254/.307/.372
stephen drew: .248/.333/.429

higher obp and higher slugging while still being an above average fielding shortstop on a one year contract. only someone willing to throw around insults rather than have a discussion could find fault with that.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
After just re-watching it, I think he should have had it, but it isn't a gimme.

I think what threw him off was the ball tailed back at him. Very strange looking ball, and clearly not a play you practice ever, being pulled in and having a low-line drive hit at you that tails back at you like that.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sorry to burst your bubble, Terwilliger, but this has nothing to do with who the SS was. I would have said the same thing about any SS in that position. A play that needs to be made. I've said many times this year that Drew has been pretty good in the field, but of course you would never acknowledge that. You only get your panties in a bunch when someone has the audacity to point out a negative of either Drew brother. I don't "hate" either one of them. I "hate" people like Manny Ramirez.

For most of the year, Stephen hasn't been very good at the plate. He certainly deserves credit for his recent hot streak, but he also had a hot streak earlier in the year. Let's see where his final numbers end up before we throw him a parade for being slightly better than league average.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
137539285332.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad