OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
lefties ops .844 against ziegler in their career and farrell has holt bunting with no out in the ninth.

sometimes i don't get him. you have two lefties up after holt.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Only thing I'm mad about was the called strike to Victorino in the 9th. That was dumb, but whatever.

Diamondbacks earned their win tonight

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
I watch most of the games on my ipad and have to back out of the app to comment, because commenting on my phone blows. I'm here reading between innings tho!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cody ****in Ross. Damn.

I'm very worried about Lester. I thought he would have a big bounce back season and I would have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a Lester+ for Myers deal that was rumoured in the offseason. Now? Not so much. Lester is struggling and very inconsistent. Meanwhile Myers is killing it for a division rival.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I won't let that happen to you again, robert. Not this year.

Plus I feel as if I am overposting on this thread aswell.

I almost expected them to win down one in the ninth and they should have, Farrell has done a nice job, but there are a lot of things he does that I don't like.

The more I think about it Theo/Larry were the biggest reason behind 2011, I wanted Francona fired and was happy when he was but Theo/Larry were the ones that brought in the Players that had no problem takeing advantage of Tido.

I realize Farrell has been allowed to Manage the guys the way Francona was able when he had the "Idiots" version of the RedSox.

The more I think about random Sox things, the Beckett Lowell trade was the start, I think you have to do the Trade but I think we should have moved on from Beckett a heck of a lot sooner than we did.

Had we played it right and did not go for A-gon, and not traded for Beckett I know other trades would have happend but in general a Roster would look like
3b Bogearts ss H-Ram 2b Pedroia 1b Rizzo C- Salty Of Ellsbury and with the money saved I think we end up with a Hamilton or Granderson maybe Crawford is here now, also CC Sabthia although the Yanks probably still outbid us.

We could have a Rays like team and Payroll right now with that infield.
End ramble

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Cody ****in Ross. Damn.

I'm very worried about Lester. I thought he would have a big bounce back season and I would have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a Lester+ for Myers deal that was rumoured in the offseason. Now? Not so much. Lester is struggling and very inconsistent. Meanwhile Myers is killing it for a division rival.

It is more Lester plus Doubront or Lester and another decent Pitcher, but yeah Myers trade would look alot more even except Lester started out 5-0 and that hot start we got off to was critical so I am not so sure this team is were it is now without Lester, we don't contend this year, and so its Lester Ellsbury(becuase we don't contend in his last year Myers and JBJ no way he comes back) and Doubront for Myers I don't think so

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
Cody ****in Ross. Damn.

I'm very worried about Lester. I thought he would have a big bounce back season and I would have been hesitant to pull the trigger on a Lester+ for Myers deal that was rumoured in the offseasonIP. Now? Not so much. Lester is struggling and very inconsistent. Meanwhile Myers is killing it for a division rival.

Lester was playing video games and tweeting about it during the late innings tonight after getting shelled. I could care less personally, doesn't take the bad start away. But it certainly revives chicken and beer talk

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I wished they went with Ross-Ellsbury-Victorino with Gomes back up, but they made the right choice I hated it at the time, but Victorino is now one of my favorite Sox, I don't know how or why but Right Feild has been a really good Character posistion from Nixon to Kapler to Ross to Victorino.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wished they went with Ross-Ellsbury-Victorino with Gomes back up, but they made the right choice I hated it at the time, but Victorino is now one of my favorite Sox, I don't know how or why but Right Feild has been a really good Character posistion from Nixon to Kapler to Ross to Victorino.

Yeah, I remember you being a big fan of Cody Ross.

He sure looked good tonight unfortunately.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
the royals got a better deal for myers than they would have from the red sox. shields is their best pitcher and while he's not a top tier felix/kershaw/wainwright type, he's still one of the better pitchers in the league and worth watching when he pitches.

lester took steps forward this year but has not been what he should be. it's hard making heads or tails out of it. he has an option for next year which i don't doubt will be picked up but you have to wonder whether or not he'll be here in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad