OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
agreed on both counts Mike: it's a good idea, AND mlb won't do it.

However, you do something like that and you'll need to put a limit on it otherwise you run smack dab into the issue that Patrice37 mentioned about the length of games. That's why i'm intrigued about the idea of an NFL like challenge flag, 1 per team. With the penalty i've mentioned. There are no TO's in baseball obviously, so that was the best we could come up with, short of something drastic like an additional automatic out or something.

There is literally no way it would have to take longer than a manager coming out, arguing, and either getting tossed or having the umps gather on the field to consider the call.

It certainly would be quicker than having the ump run into the dugout and looking at a monitor.

acr*

So I just noticed that Wednesday night's game ended with an official score of 5-4, even though the bases were loaded and Drew hit a ground rule double.

That begs the question, does a ground rule double not count like a walkoff homerun in end-of-game scenarios, or is it more of a Grand Slam Single type thing where Drew and/or the other baserunners abandoned the play after just one base and thus were called out and only one run counts?

acr*

Lester should get bumped out of the rotation when Clay gets back. Seriously.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Pennant race fever!

August 2nd! One game lead!

Amazing comebacks! Walk-off wins!

HEY LET'S SPEND A **** TON OF TIME ON A STUPID ****ING BASEBALL MOVIE CONTEST!

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
on the replay thing v. time of game.

the time of game has changed as the strategy has changed. there are more strikeouts now, more count working and so on.

to me, replay is the most important thing. to be able to change something that has a direct effect on wins and losses and therefore standings is more important than a secondary thing like time of game.

the simplest solution is the fifth umpire in the press box. no replays on balls and strikes but any disputed out/safe. how long will it take to check that? we get a replay of a play within 30 seconds.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In a field that does not include Major League, is it even questionable that the Sandlot is the best baseball movie of all time?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lester's stuff is clearly not what it was a few years ago.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
remember when cody ross played right field for the red sox last year?

lmao.

also this:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/e...-lied-to-my-face-during-contract-negotiations

cody's mad that the red sox "lied" to him about long term contracts before giving a 3 year contracts to victorino and napoli. while i wasn't a fan of the napoli deal, 3 years for victorino who might not hit as well as ross (although he is this year) but can capably play defense is a no-brainer.

in short: gfy cody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad