OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
my goal is to get ellsbury on the mets somehow.

to get a bunch of guys believing that they just signed their perennial "guy" only for him to play like 2012 ellsbury and lose his job to marlon byrd or something.

I was hoping he would be moved last offseason but since he wasn't, hopefully they can get a pick for him. It's going to be hilarious when someone gives him a Crawford contract.

I haven't given up on Buchholz and probably never will. He's one of the guys I'll always defend.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
just give ellsbury the qualifying offer. he won't accept it and will sign somewhere else.

the second phase of my ellsbury to the mets plan is to convince bobby bonilla to come out of retirement and earn his 1.19 million that he was paid this year.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
just give ellsbury the qualifying offer. he won't accept it and will sign somewhere else.

the second phase of my ellsbury to the mets plan is to convince bobby bonilla to come out of retirement and earn his 1.19 million that he was paid this year.

That is the last remaining holiday I celebrate..

If he had to do something to earn it it wouldn't be as special.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
ellsbury would be in a hammock next to him pretty quickly.

i know he's not going to sign with them. the diamondbacks will probably sign him, trading paul goldschmidt for justin morneau or something.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Glad we are all tired of Jacoby and everything that does (and doesn't) come with him.

He is going to get an 85 million dollar deal for 5 years and make a new fanbase very frustrated.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well, Drew is OPSing over .900 with 2 outs and runners in scoring position, so clutch hitting hasn't been an issue for him.

He just hasn't really hit with less than 2 outs this year (sub .200 I believe)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is what I mean when I say people only come out to ***** after a loss with this team.

We just beat the team playing the best ball in the league in recent weeks. Huge win to keep that lead at 1.5.

Great game by Lester. Vintage him

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Not so bold prediction:

Bogaerts will play the role of 2007 Jacoby Ellsbury during a playoff run this year.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
This is what I mean when I say people only come out to ***** after a loss with this team.

We just beat the team playing the best ball in the league in recent weeks. Huge win to keep that lead at 1.5.

Great game by Lester. Vintage him

No ****. That was a nice win for the team and especially Lester.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ellsbury hits David Price okay.

I was about to ***** about not sitting him tomorrow if he just haaaad to have a day off, but the stats didn't support that at all.

Still total ******** he sat today.

Big win today with Price on the mound tomorrow.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I always hate on Lester but gotta give credit where credit is due. He came up huge tonight against one of the hottest teams in baseball. Big W, still would be happy if they manage to split this series with Price and Hellickson still to go in the last two games of the series.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Have not heard one person bring this up, Boras says move Bogaerts to sceond Pedroia signed through 2022, Red Sox must love giving it to Boras.:laugh:

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Have not heard one person bring this up, Boras says move Bogaerts to sceond Pedroia signed through 2022, Red Sox must love giving it to Boras.:laugh:

They talked about this on WEEI one day and how Boras wants to manipulate this for his client.

He's also an agent for Ellsbury and trying to get him a contract that no club, especially the Red Sox would go for. Ells should talk sense and take a home town deal like Pedroia considering he has trouble staying healthy each year. I like Ells and his speed in the outfield and bases but he should go for a more reasonable one than Boras demands.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
They opportunities were there. We just can't hit very well against the Rays when it matters. This is a big series. Gotta win the rest.

The sox have owned the rays this year. Just don't want to lose three. Split is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad