OT: 2013 red sox/mlb thread part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rubby up.....now that's interesting.

Definitely gonna be used as a reliever though. He hasn't exactly been stretched out all the way yet in AAA

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
So we all know stephen drew blows...

Iglesias should be playing every day at SS and drew can learn to play 3B just like many other shortstops have done before. He and middlebrooks can battle it out to see who sucks less. Stupid at this point not playing Iglesias every day.

Why can't they can't they sit Middlebrooks until he works out his kinks? He'd be more valuable off the bench as a PH. I see Iglasias has 2 hits tonight while WMB has 0 hits so far.

He should be playing everyday at Pawtucket to work out his hitting woes. Ride out Iglasias hot bat and you have a solid D at 3rd and short with him and Drew playing on the left side of the infield.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
In a role reversal of last years salary dump with LA, Phillies offer Lee, Papelbon, and Howard for prospects. You take on the money? All 3 actually fit from 2014 going forward. Howard of course is the poison pill financially.

Last edited:

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
In a role reversal of last years salary dump with LA, Phillies offer Lee, Papelbon, and Howard for prospects. You take on the money? All 3 actually fit from 2014 going forward. Howard of course is the poison pill financially.

God no. Only guy I'd even consider trying to trade for is Lee and with his 25 mil/season in 2014 and 2015 I'm not sure I'd even do that.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Bogaerts may be the best hitter this organization has seen since Manny.

acr*

Lee and Papelbon are both still legit and could push us from simple playoff team to contender. Howard is really a waste though. A below-average hitter, terrible defender when we already have Napoli and Carp at 1B who are better than him and Papi DHing. That would be the gamble.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bogaerts went 3-7 with a dinger, a walk, and a steal in his first day in AAA. Unbelievable. The kid would be the youngest player on SALEM"S ROSTER. That's High A ball. He is truly prodigious.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

I would absolutely still take Lee. If Lester could get his head out of his ass then a 1-3 combo of Lee/Buch/Lester could be legit.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bogaerts went 3-7 with a dinger, a walk, and a steal in his first day in AAA. Unbelievable. The kid would be the youngest player on SALEM"S ROSTER. That's High A ball. He is truly prodigious.

Fun fact: He's the second youngest to ever play for the Pawsox only second to Jeff Suppan.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dempster has been good for the last 4 outings now. Safe to say he has turned his troubles around from last month. Still giving up an outrageous amount of homers, but I kind of expected him to this year.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
WMB's strikeout to walk ratio this year is 8-1.

That's downright obscene.

I don't think I ever envisioned him as a high average hitter but at least able to hit for some power. But guys fit that type of player also add something to the OBP number to make up for it.

With his cruddy plate discipline? Ish. If that rate doesn't change real quick, I don't know how he can catch up and find some sort of progression to an acceptable mean.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's played a bad quarter of a season. He has always been VERY streaky even in his minors days. People need to relax about him.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
He's played a bad quarter of a season. He has always been VERY streaky even in his minors days. People need to relax about him.

I'm finely mellow, although the overall team's success certainly contributes to that.

Streaky is one thing. An 8/1 K/BB ratio is gross, no matter how you slice it....and that's up from his career rate of 6/1.

Things are just a wee bit noisier when it comes to security on the left side of that infield. That's also not a bad thing.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It couldn't be more clear...play iglesias every day for now until he proves otherwise. Rotate middlebrooks and drew. When middlebrooks is in, Iglesias plays SS. When drew plays, Iglesias to 3B.

Oh and btw, toronto has the best record of any last place team. This division is wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad