Prospect Info: 2013 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Some may scoff, but I think he plays a game similar to Parise. He has a knack for the net but not a tremendous shot, good skater, not afraid to play the physical game even with his "smaller" size, gives 100% on every shift, plays the whole 200', and has great leadership qualities.

I don't know that he's built to take the beating that Parise is. Otherwise, I can't think of any other player that I'd compare Haula to.

He doesn't have a pure sniper's shot, but it's good. He hustles like crazy. He can make some sneaky passes if the circumstances are right... Yeah, poor man's Parise at center.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Which Wild prospect will be the biggest star?

Just wanted to hear some of your opinions on which one of our prospects will end up being the best NHLer? Obviously different players bring different things to the table. I'm gonna go with Brodin, but I also believe Coyle is gonna be a rock star.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Just wanted to hear some of your opinions on which one of our prospects will end up being the best NHLer? Obviously different players bring different things to the table. I'm gonna go with Brodin, but I also believe Coyle is gonna be a rock star.

Brodin will never be a "star" unless he starts to put up points. He's just going to be the best player no one ever talks about.

I'm going to go with Zucker, I think the kid has all the tools to be a top-20 goal scorer in the NHL.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Brodin will never be a "star" unless he starts to put up points. He's just going to be the best player no one ever talks about.

I'm going to go with Zucker, I think the kid has all the tools to be a top-20 goal scorer in the NHL.

Well said on Brodin. Zucker was my next guy after Coyle. You may be right too. Zucker's attitude & determination is just as impressive as his offensive upside. I've probably watched Zucker's 1st NHL goal over a hundred times now and it never gets old. Getting so stoked for this season. Win or lose (hopefully win) I just wanna see these kids start tearing it up.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Well said on Brodin. Zucker was my next guy after Coyle. You may be right too. Zucker's attitude & determination is just as impressive as his offensive upside. I've probably watched Zucker's 1st NHL goal over a hundred times now and it never gets old. Getting so stoked for this season. Win or lose (hopefully win) I just wanna see these kids start tearing it up.

Indeed. I'm really excited to see how all the prospects all progress.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If Granlund gets his game adapted to the NHL level, he's easily the most dynamic. If he gets there, and we've seen some flashes already, he will be making some drop your jaw type plays.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
If Granlund gets his game adapted to the NHL level, he's easily the most dynamic. If he gets there, and we've seen some flashes already, he will be making some drop your jaw type plays.

No, we should write him off after one season.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Looking back at MG's play over the season, alot of his points, both goals and assists, did come from extremely skilled plays. He definitely showed flashes of that high end skill set.

Billy Mays Here*

'm trying to imagine how many goals the team would need to score in order for Brodin to have even one 50 point season... Doubt that will ever happen.

Well, he was being sarcastic. Realistic expectations for Brodin are probably in the 25-35 point range while being very sound defensively.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Well, he was being sarcastic. Realistic expectations for Brodin are probably in the 25-35 point range while being very sound defensively.

In this case I am being completely serious. Yes, it'll take a few years but I believe he can get there. He is in 25-35 range now. Why can't he get to 50?

the player who he is most compared to, Kenny Jonsson, was able to put up 40 points. Swedish people have said that he is a similar player with more offensive output, I don't see how it is too far fetched.

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

So he's the Rod Brind'Amour of defense? I'm ok with that.

As for Zucker, that kid has "Poor man's Phil Kessel/Zack Parise" written all over him. I will admit, his first NHL goal was dramatic as ****. But it reeked of board play and wheels. Not that those are bad things. We will see.

I'll be taken aback if Brodin doesn't have at least 5 seasons of 50+ points.

I feel like an ******* not knowing if you're just joking, but I agree, at least partially. I think Brodin is capable of 50+, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it more than once. 5 times is a lot, but not unreasonable, given his skill level. He's a Kenny Jonsson if I've ever seen one. Suter-Brodin, Spurgeon(Rafalski, I maintain)-Dumba could be a great combo for years to come.

hopefully nobody noticed me saying Calle instead of Kenny. ****!
Definitely not a Calle. Why are all these Swedish names nearly identical!? Except for Brodin, nobody has a name anything like Brodin. Especially not Rodin.

Last edited:

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
people consider Ryan Suter a star on defense and he was never over 50 points, granted he was on pace to break it this year. I think Brodin can put up at least Suters numbers when he matures a year or two more and starts getting his deserved time on the PP.

he was on a pace for a 20 point season as a rookie in a full year, and that was with very little pp time.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I'll be taken aback if Brodin doesn't have at least 5 seasons of 50+ points.

I will buy you a case of beer if Brodin finishes his career with 5 seasons of 50+ points.

Never, ever going to happen.

I love Brodin, I think he's the best drafted player this team has seen since Gaborik, but that will never happen. It's just not in his game or in the reach of this team.

I'd love to be wrong, but that may well be the most pie-in-the-sky claim I've heard on this board in a long, long while.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
So with the offseason abyss hitting us, it's time for some prospect rankings. Normally the qualifications are straight-forward with age (24 or 3 years pro for college grads) and games (65 NHL games, 40 for goalies). That isn't the case this year with the Lockout. Someone like Jonas Brodin, who played in 45 of 48 games, was an NHLer for an entire year yet didn't hit the 65 game mark. In fact, no rookie did.

So how do we want to designate prospects after the Lockout? Is Brodin a graduate or a prospect? Same question goes for Coyle (37 games), Granlund (27 games), Zucker (20 games this year & 26 total). Should they be judged by total games? Adjust the 48 game schedule over 82 games? In the latter case, Coyle would be at 63.24 games without the playoffs.

Related: Nino Nieddereiter is at 64 NHL games without playing one last year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I say simply...is the individual locked on the roster?

Brodin yes, the rest? No.

Everyone but Brodin should still count as prospects.

Billy Mays Here*

Well, Hockey's Future goes by the 65 game rule for prospects so if GS's info is accurate, then Brodin is indeed the only one who is no longer a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad