2013 Prospect Camp

DevilChuk*

Great decision maker. After the draft he and his family went to Dino BBQ to celebrate

This guy continues to really impress me with his poise and how articulate he is. I'm just hoping his on-ice play fits the bill because he sounds like a stud.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Faust is a college guy and in order to maintain college eligibility, they would have to pay their own way...who knows if he had an invite and just opted to skip it since he's staying in school next year.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Surprised Helgeson 'put down' Yevenko

From what I've seen and read Yevenko can chuck em

Yevenko is also terrible at almost every facet of the sport of hockey, and that probably includes standing on his skates. With Helgeson's legs, he probably had little trouble getting Yevenko to the ice.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
https://twitter.com/dowdjim/status/358002353896579072/photo/1

BPfhPn1CYAAvVd5.jpg:large

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
How does he match up with a guy like Simon Depres on the Pens? I think they played together and both have similar builds.

Talking about Gelinas btw.

Despres and Gelinas are indeed similar. I would say that Gelinas has more of an offensive upside where as Despres is more of a defensive minded guy who won't put up a ton of offense. I feel Despres may have benefited from playing with Gelinas when they were paired together in Saint John.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Boucher seems to have a skill putting the puck in the back of the net. Three goals this week. Albeit one was a shootout goal and the other was a ENG. I think he still needs a year in the A. I think this kid can turn out to be a 30 g scorer for us in the future.

Semak

So has Rodwell actually been impressive? It'd be weird to see him carve out a spot in Albany after being so underwhelming in college.

Plus the injury last year didn't help. Seemed like the few college games I caught in him, he scored or did something with his speed. Also heard he's a yapper. I hope he gets a few seasons in the A and sees if he can become a bottom 6-er.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Plus the injury last year didn't help. Seemed like the few college games I caught in him, he scored or did something with his speed. Also heard he's a yapper. I hope he gets a few seasons in the A and sees if he can become a bottom 6-er.

He has 5 points in his last 51 games, and 14 points out of 90 overall. He obviously did something his freshman year to warrant a draft spot, so I'm curious what's been going on with him usage/role-wise and if he's more talented than he appears. He's definitely the last guy I expected to see scoring goals in rookie camp.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
He has 5 points in his last 51 games, and 14 points out of 90 overall. He obviously did something his freshman year to warrant a draft spot, so I'm curious what's been going on with him usage/role-wise and if he's more talented than he appears. He's definitely the last guy I expected to see scoring goals in rookie camp.

His shot is OK but his speed is outstanding. He's been used almost exclusively in a 4th line role in NoDak. Pretty limited offensively but he will get into anyone's grill and isnt afraid to get physical. I'd presume he'll be fighting with guys like Wohlberg/Hoeffel/Thomson/etc for a spot in the future...all excellent skaters who are physical and could be perfect as a 4th liner...

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
People who worry about Larsson or Merrill's "lack of urgency" need to learn more about the game of hockey.

Ya, I'm not at all worried about their urgency. If they can keep the puck out and move it up the ice, that's all we need.

Gelinas isn't going anywhere. This kid will be a star and people will soon find out. The kid can skate like the wind and shoot the puck Pronger-style.

Funny you mention Pronger. A poster on the prospects board watched Gelinas during the Memorial Cup a few years ago and said that his physicality reminded him of Pronger too. I thought that was absurdly high praise but now I wonder if he was onto something. If Gelinas can become even half the player Pronger was, I'll be very pleased.

Moe Syzlak

Sep 27, 2009
So what order would you say the depth chart looks like for the D prospects?

Merrill
Gelinas
Urbom
Severson
Santini

Then you'd have some fringe guys like Helgeson and Burlon who could very well turn in to NHLer's but might not get a chance with the Devils because of the numbers?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
So what order would you say the depth chart looks like for the D prospects?

Merrill
Gelinas
Urbom
Severson
Santini

Then you'd have some fringe guys like Helgeson and Burlon who could very well turn in to NHLer's but might not get a chance with the Devils because of the numbers?
Depends on what you mean. Do you mean "closest to the NHL" or "highest potential?" They're very different lists.

Remember, not all these guys are the same age.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
NHL readiness?

Gelinas
Urbom
Merrill
Severson
Santini

Potential?

Severson