2013 Prospect Camp

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Definetely top 4 . maybe top 2 potential. Most potential out of any Dman we have

Don't agree, I think that's Merrill or Gelinas. We're just going nuts over Severson because we know the least about him, so his potential looks higher. When he starts outperforming the guys ahead of him (Gelinas with a 16 goal season and Merrill on a 55 point pace to start his pro career) then I'll get excited.

EDIT: Also I know we've discussed this, but can Severson play in Albany this year? He's got 3 seasons in juniors (plus 5 games) but he's only turning 19 in August.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Don't agree, I think that's Merrill or Gelinas. We're just going nuts over Severson because we know the least about him, so his potential looks higher. When he starts outperforming the guys ahead of him (Gelinas with a 16 goal season and Merrill on a 55 point pace to start his pro career) then I'll get excited.

EDIT: Also I know we've discussed this, but can Severson play in Albany this year? He's got 3 seasons in juniors (plus 5 games) but he's only turning 19 in August.

I don't think he can play in Albany based on age but I'm hoping I'm wrong. The fact that he had 3 seasons already in the WHL leads me to believe he could be AHL eligible.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

Unfortunately no, he's still not eligible for the AHL. Too young and insufficient time in the WHL - he's only had two full seasons, his first doesn't count towards AHL eligibility.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I think Merrill is definitely the top potential defenceman we have, but I think Severson might already be ahead of Gelinas in that regard. He had a very impressive season in Kelowna.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad