YOW
zidlicky

pros: RHD, experienced, puts up points
cons: declining defensively, 35+, will cost 4.5M-5.5M

thoughts?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
im fine with giving greening for hemksy we need more solid RW's, Silf is a natural left wing,

Michalek - Spezza - Hemsky
Silf - Turris - Zibanejad
Conacher - Smith - Condra
scrub - pageau - Niel

sub scrub in/out with kassian...

We have Zibby, Smith , Niel and when needed Kassian for physicality

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I love Smith when he's on his game, but it just doesn't seem to happen as often anymore. That, combined with the emergence of MZ and Pageau as legit 3/4Cs, means I could live with trading him.

WhiteLight*

I love Smith when he's on his game, but it just doesn't seem to happen as often anymore. That, combined with the emergence of MZ and Pageau as legit 3/4Cs, means I could live with trading him.

yep. He'll forever be known as the warm-up superstar to me

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
zidlicky

thoughts?
I dunno if I want to take the chance on a guy that is as indifferent to playing defense as he has been over the last few years.

--

As for Hemsky, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I want to see him and Spezza play together just to see how many times they'll pass the puck before one of them decides to shoot. :D

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
What else would Edmonton have to add to Hemsky to get both Greening and Smith?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
zidlicky

thoughts?

I might be willing to give Weircioch a chance as our defensively-challenged offensive defenceman this year, all things being equal.

Not much room for 2 of those kind of players on a Paul Maclean-coached team, TBH. I wouldn't hate Zidlicky here, but if given the choice, I'd probably pass.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
ryan jones would have to come back which is just a lateral move that doesn't accomplish much

Jones is a UFA, and most don't see him being re-signed. And to the poster that suggested Petry, the Oilers probably couldn't afford to do it, seeing as he's one of our few actual top 4 defencemen.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I never figured we would be out for Hemsky, but I guess if the price is Zack Smith it is a hard offer to refuse. I would have to think twice about Greening, because he really was pretty good in the playoffs.

WhiteLight*

Jones is a UFA, and most don't see him being re-signed. And to the poster that suggested Petry, the Oilers probably couldn't afford to do it, seeing as he's one of our few actual top 4 defencemen.

Other than a top 6 winger, what the Sens need is a top 4 D so.... no reason to add Greening unless what's coming back is filling a need

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
Other than a top 6 winger, what the Sens need is a top 4 D so.... no reason to add Greening unless what's coming back is filling a need

Yeah, that's fair, and I think it would be unreasonable to target both players anyway. I would be ok with either for Hemsky.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Has Hemsky really declined that much? At his best I'm sure he could command a return of both guys by himself.

Might just be me, but 1 year of Hemsky isn't worth Greening and Smith, who are both on great deals, and in the case of Smith, under control for a few years.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Greening + Smith for Hemsky + Petry.

Petry, +1 on a -9 team, led team in TOI, 2nd on team in hits. Could be a Methot-like guy.

Oilers desperately need defenceman, urgently, WAY more than we do. I have no idea why they'd be shipping out one of the few decent defenceman on their roster. They need 2 more guys on their blueline, not one less.

WhiteLight*

Greening + Smith for Hemsky + Petry.

Petry, +1 on a -9 team, led team in TOI, 2nd on team in hits. Could be a Methot-like guy.

Ottawa would have to add though... maybe Gryba?

Greening, Smith and Gryba for Hemsky and Petry.

Berserker*

In regards to Hemsky:

Rich Smith ‏@ALLsportsINTEL 1h

NHL UPDATE - Edmonton Oilers are reportedly working the phones hard to move Hemsky with no takers as of yet more likely to move with pick(s)

I don't know how credible of a source Rich Smith is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland