Proposal: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, and Potential Buyouts | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Our size isn't a problem we need goals plain and simple.

I believe size was a major contributor to the lack of goals, the Sens top six was by in large easy to box out from the areas most rebound goals are scored from.

While a healthy Spezza and Michalek will help, the top six would benefit greatly from a big strong forward.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I believe size was a major contributor to the lack of goals, the Sens top six was by in large easy to box out from the areas most rebound goals are scored from.

While a healthy Spezza and Michalek will help, the top six would benefit greatly from a big strong forward.

That's just it. The Sens were limited to a lot of chances from the outside, they just didn't have anyone willing to drive to the net for screens, deflections and garbage goals on a regular basis.

A big body up front can help with turnovers on dump ins as well.

Every team can use a big, ferocious top liner with skill. The Sens are no different.

Berserker*

Our size isn't a problem we need goals plain and simple.

Well... Darren Pang disagrees with you. After the Senators season ended, he stated that going forward what they need are a few high end power forwards to play with Spezza and Turris.

Even in MacLean's post season press conference, when asked what the Senators need to do to take that next step, he responded by saying that they need to get bigger, faster and more skilled in every position.

It is pretty much a consensus at this point that the Senators need some big top six power forwards in order to increase their overall success in the playoffs.

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
... Even in MacLean's post season press conference, when asked what the Senators need to do to take that next step, he responded by saying that they need to get bigger, faster and more skilled in every position ...
not exactly, the quote is:
... we want players that have size and speed and good skill at whatever position we can get them at is what I would think. I don't think there's one specific need but if we can get one anywhere I think that would be a great addition ...
they are looking for that one player

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
There is a rumor afoot on the Oilers board from a reputable poster that has Hemsky going to Ottawa for an unknown return. Thoughts?

Edit: Make that several posters confirming the rumor.

Last edited:

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
There is a rumor afoot on the Oilers board from a reputable poster that has Hemsky going to Ottawa for an unknown return. Thoughts?

I like Hemsky, but he's small and isn't very physical. Still though if it's true and the price is fair i'm happy if it happens.

SilverRed

Jan 19, 2011
Well... Darren Pang disagrees with you. After the Senators season ended, he stated that going forward what they need are a few high end power forwards to play with Spezza and Turris.

Even in MacLean's post season press conference, when asked what the Senators need to do to take that next step, he responded by saying that they need to get bigger, faster and more skilled in every position.

It is pretty much a consensus at this point that the Senators need some big top six power forwards in order to increase their overall success in the playoffs.

We have one in our system in Stefon Noesen. Too bad he is a 1 year or 2 years away.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Just read the few pages. As many as three posters are saying Hemsky to Ottawa is all but guaranteed.

Hmm, what could the return be if this is true? You'd have to think one of our centers is going the other way... Which is something I wouldn't like.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Just following the links on the Oilers board, but two names that have popped up now are Greening and Smith. This could just be speculation, of course.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Proof of soothsayer's post:

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673392&cmpid=headlines

In the comment section:

My source has told me that Edmonton has as many as 5 deals on the table right now. He said two of team's are Toronto and Ottawa and the players involved in the deal are rumored to be Zack Smith or Colin Greening from Ottawa and Ben Scrivens and Joe Colborne from Toronto. He said he's not sure what's going back though. The other 3 teams are rumored to be Carolina, Columbus, and Detroit.

CR15

Feb 15, 2010
Windsor
Smith + would make me gag ya its more skill for the top 6 but a charmin soft guy who seems to miss chunks of game every year is not the direction I would of expected

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
I wouldn't mind parting with Greening. He's a bottom 6 player. Smith I feel provides us intangibles that go beyond his skillset.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Michalek-Spezza-Hemsky
Conacher-Turris-Alfie
Greening-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Pageau-Neil

I don't like Pageau, Condra and Conacher as three of our twelve forwards.

Or:

Michalek-Spezza-Hemsky
Conacher-Turris-Alfie
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil

I think I prefer the latter.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Michalek-Spezza-Hemsky
Conacher-Turris-Alfie
Greening-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Pageau-Neil

I don't like Pageau, Condra and Conacher as three of our twelve forwards.

Or:

Michalek-Spezza-Hemsky
Conacher-Turris-Alfie
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil

I think I prefer the latter.

Since we're still rebuilding, I think next season will be perfect to evaluate our small players and see who can stay in the lineup. If Pageau lives up to expectations, I think you'd expect others to be dangled as trade bait.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm not smith's biggest fan but the idea of losing a tougher than ave. guy who can drop them and intimidate worries me. Even if he doesn't all the time

It does fix the center problem though and greening is the better winger. So i guess it makes morevsense than moving greening

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
My dad loves Hemsky. Would like to have him on the team, as long as the cost isn't much. I like Greening but wouldn't mind seeing him go, especially to Edmonton since they are my #2 team. Don't really care about Smith much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad