Proposal: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, and Potential Buyouts | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
So apparently Evander Kane wants to make the playoffs. I think we could help him with that :nod

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
So apparently Evander Kane wants to make the playoffs. I think we could help him with that :nod

Careful what you wish for. We almost helped him this year by s***ing the bed the last few weeks of the season.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Careful what you wish for. We almost helped him this year by s***ing the bed the last few weeks of the season.
It only seemed that way since we had a ton of games remaining than them. 4 point separation is like a 7 point one in a full season and that's substantial.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What happened to Jim O'Brien?

He realized that his life was meant to be dedicated to a higher purpose, in the world of high-profile criminal trials:

3q2n30.jpg

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Brooks Laich a possibilty?

I have read that Brooks Laich might be bought out by Washington. If that happens should Ottawa try to sign him?

I looked at his stats, and he had a nice run of 3 years with 20+ goals, then 2 with 16, and he was injured most of this year. It does not look great, but if you look at his shooting% it went from about 13% to about 8%. So it would appear that he is not in decline, rather he is a guy that can be a consistent 2.2 shots on goal per game, so around 20 goals over a 80 game season.

He has a groin injury which may be a problem though.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Sens do not need 2nd-3rd line tweeners. Sens already have too many NHL forward bodies.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Laich would be an upgrade over Smith right now, but Zibanejad may be ready to jump Smith for minutes as it stands. I think we need to pursue high quality wingers who can carry a line offensively. We have none of those right now. Consequently, no to Laich.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Laich would be an upgrade over Smith right now, but Zibanejad may be ready to jump Smith for minutes as it stands. I think we need to pursue high quality wingers who can carry a line offensively. We have none of those right now. Consequently, no to Laich.

As it stands, Smith is our 4th line center so Laich would definitely be an upgrade over him, although they wouldn't play the same roles on the team.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007

Smith should be trade bait as a piece for a scoring winger.

Zibby as the 3rd C is fine with me.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Smith
1st
Ceci

This is the highest value from an ottawa POV that does not impact the roster negatively but provides substantial assets to another team.
Now, that team needs to be looking for size down the middle, blue chip defence prospect and a good pick added to increase the value.
Likely a team that needs to move a higher end salary guy due to cap or some other odd scenario that requires them to make a move but isnt ready to challenge for a cup for at least a couple years so they dont want experienced help.

who are those team and who are those players?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Smith is either a fair priced 4th line center or a great contract 3rd line center. Would not trade him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
In a heartbeat if Cowen isn't included. Although I think Stone + Ceci + 1st would clearly be an overpayment as well.

Simmonds is like a slightly better and faster Penner.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
In a heartbeat if Cowen isn't included. Although I think Stone + Ceci + 1st would clearly be an overpayment as well.

Simmonds is like a slightly better and faster Penner.

Well, it wouldn't be so bad losing Ceci, bear in mind he's not actually played for us... I see Cowen as an equivalent to Ceci+1st...

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
We have no need for:

a) Centers
b) Bottom 6 players

I'm all for signing a bought out Brooks Laich, unless he's a bottom 6 center. Which he is. So no way.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We have no need for:

a) Centers
b) Bottom 6 players

I'm all for signing a bought out Brooks Laich, unless he's a bottom 6 center. Which he is. So no way.

True.

At this point, all GM BM should be looking for is a top line forward. A top four D too, but that's less of a need with Karlsson, Cowen, Methot, Phillips, Wiercioch, Gryba and potentially Borowiecki all ready to play next season.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The only way i am giving up ceci and stone is if a top 3 forward is coming back

Cowen+ maybe if it is someone like eberle or yakupov

All unlikely

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I still think we need a top four D above all else. We were consistently outshot night in and night out this past season, and our goaltending saved us. We can't expect our goalies to be in the .940 save percentage range year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig