Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Buyout Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

okay well I didn't know that but I was making a point that the SEL isn't a vastly inferior or different league to the NHL like some people believe.

Just wanted to clairify, no biggie :)
Zucc scored 64 points in 55 games that season, 41 assists.
Lindberg scored 42 in 55 this season

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
He [Lindberg] is overrated in the sense in that around the league he is hardly considered a big time prospect yet around here people think he is ready to come over right now and perform at an above average 3rd line center role. It's a classic case of overvaluing your own prospects - every team does it with their guys. Now I'm not saying he isn't/can't be a good player but expecting it now is way too much.

I am not expecting him to perform at above average level right away, average is good enough. There will be some growing pains and I am willing to live with those. Given his production in the SEL, he looks legit. i expect the adaptation period to take weeks, not months.The SEL is not the AHL.

member 116805

I guess I can agree if he had size he would be a lot more effective. I guess that is why I don't like him. Being 5'7 could really hurt what could have been a long NHL career. I don't see him staying in North America for more than a year or two.

At least you added "or two" this time around :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany