Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Streit signs with PHI (4 years, $5.25M per)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Fasth and Thomas are righty shots.

Both should get a long look. I still say Nash should go to LW and have him and Fast work on a partnership. It could work. Maybe not in October but it would be optimal for Fast to become the Robin to Nash's Batman.

Thomas should be used as a roamer on the PP. Just get open and one time the puck. Like Brett Hull except at a much lesser level of course. If he wants to be an NHLer, his one timer and passing are going to be his bread and butter.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Both should get a long look. I still say Nash should go to LW and have him and Fast work on a partnership. It could work. Maybe not in October but it would be optimal for Fast to become the Robin to Nash's Batman.

Thomas should be used as a roamer on the PP. Just get open and one time the puck. Like Brett Hull except at a much lesser level of course. If he wants to be an NHLer, his one timer and passing are going to be his bread and butter.

I'd say Nash already has his Robin in Hagelin who also allows Nash to play on the side he is most comfortable at.

How does Thomas handle the ES game though? Is he aggressively pursuing the puck and hitting a lot despite his size like Zucc, or is he mostly floating around focusing on offence? If it's the former, I wouldn't be opposed trying him on the tertiary scoring line (4th line in reality) and putting him on the PP as the primary shooter. We'd still need someone like Nash or Brassard who can shoot from the other side as well so he can't be eliminated like Prucha was. It would require a RH PPQB though, so I guess Strålman would have to be the pointman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad