Speculation: 2013 Off-Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
It's not like value is high. Tdot trades him or loses him for nothing.

I mean if it's for Stoner and Konopka I'm on board, but I realize that won't happen, probably not even in NHL 2013, so I am sad. :(

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
With Coyle seemingly our 2nd line center and Nino a lock due to his history and upcoming RFA status, it means Zucker or Granlund isn't making the team.

Where the hell does Granlund play if hes going to stay a center? Brodziak is here for a couple more years and I don't see them tossing Coyle back to wing if he plays center this year.

Could move Brodziak down to the 4th line if he struggles, though Coyle playing center still isn't set in stone either.

Nino is not a lock in any way whatsoever.

Agree, but given his history I'd be much more concerned sending him down than Zucker/Granlund.

Only way you can redeem yourself now Fletcher is to trade for Franson since it sounds like his negotiations with Toronto aren't going well, and it's likely that he'll get moved. I've wanted Franson for a couple years now. He's exactly what we need on the back end.

He would be a nice fit with Ballard IMO, though Toronto's got quite a bit of cap-space(albeit they spent lots foolishly today), not sure we'd be able to fit him in if he demands are too high for the Leafs.

Billy Mays Here*

Completely forgot about him until right now, but BNTG has yet to sign with anyone.

Toronto wouldn't surprise me if they do indeed trade Franson.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Apologies if this has been posted recently, but when I checked the 2014 Entry Draft wiki page after the Seto trade, I realized:

We have our first, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh round picks. In addition, we have Winnipeg's second, Buffalo's fourth, Columbus' sixth, Ottawa's sixth, and potentially Washington's seventh round picks.

I figured I'd bring up next year's draft since we're writing the team off with the Cooke signing, right? :sarcasm: Ha.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I don't know. This is really puzzling. Knew that there was not much room to make any big changes 'cause they couldn't buy da Heater out. I was very ok with Neithermeister and Keef Ballack moves. But this MadCooks.. Not a fan at all. NOT AT ALL! Guess, have to give him a a
chance? Maybe, Or not. Mixed feelings.

Last edited:

Doobz89

Apr 12, 2011
Still hoping fletcher pulls something out of his ass and moves heater to a team tryin to reach the cap floor. Any teams like that?

Who do you think we should sign then if we were able to somehow move heater? I'm guessing theres no way we'd get a decent roster palyer back in that exchange.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I don't want to be that guy, BUT: Bobby Ryan was traded for a very similar package to what we sent to BUF for Pommers. Don't get me wrong, I think Pomminville will be a very important player for us this year. But if I had my choice Ryan>Pomminville.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
For years it was how good guys like Granlund, Coyle, Zucker were going to be once they got their chance. Now we add Nino and those guys are going to get their chance and now we can't score, aren't going to win, and people should be fired. Make up your minds!
This team is lacking in experience but not lacking in talent. Are they going to have to steo up a learning curve? Sure, but writing the season off as a failure 3 months before a game is played is assinine.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
For years it was how good guys like Granlund, Coyle, Zucker were going to be once they got their chance.

Granlund is a bigger project than we assumed. Zucker still needs to add some muscle to his frame and show he can handle the rigors of the NHL. Coyle needs to add some offense to his game. We know what they are capable of but this team is built to win now, not 3-4 years down the road. That's why there is a lot of pressure on the kids to perform because instead of letting them grow, we are relying on them to provide depth.

but writing the season off as a failure 3 months before a game is played is assinine.

This team stumbled into the playoffs this year and we didn't fix any of the holes that showed up last season this offseason. Isn't that what the offseason is for?

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
Granlund is a bigger project than we assumed. Zucker still needs to add some muscle to his frame and show he can handle the rigors of the NHL. Coyle needs to add some offense to his game. We know what they are capable of but this team is built to win now, not 3-4 years down the road. That's why there is a lot of pressure on the kids to perform because instead of letting them grow, we are relying on them to provide depth.

This team stumbled into the playoffs this year and we didn't fix any of the holes that showed up last season this offseason. Isn't that what the offseason is for?

Could you clarify what you mean here?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Could you clarify what you mean here?

Koivu, Suter, Parise, Poms, the big part of our core and team are 30+. Coyle, Zucker, Granlund and Nino aren't part of the core yet and haven't shown much in the NHL. We can't wait for 2-3 years to make a run at the Stanley Cup because by then, guys like Koivu, Parise and Poms are going to be on the down slope of their careers and maybe more of a hindrance than anything.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
This team isn't banking or planning on winning a cup this season. All those kids need to develop at the NHL level. Look at the last bunch of Cup winners, all of them went through what the Wild are now going through.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
This team isn't banking or planning on winning a cup this season. All those kids need to develop at the NHL level. Look at the last bunch of Cup winners, all of them went through what the Wild are now going through.

Wait what? This team is built for the playoffs and to try and win a cup this season. None of the cup teams went through what Minnesota have done.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Koivu, Suter, Parise, Poms, the big part of our core and team are 30+. Coyle, Zucker, Granlund and Nino aren't part of the core yet and haven't shown much in the NHL. We can't wait for 2-3 years to make a run at the Stanley Cup because by then, guys like Koivu, Parise and Poms are going to be on the down slope of their careers and maybe more of a hindrance than anything.

2 are 28, 2 are 30. None are 30+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad