Nystrom-Gordon-Dorsett
Haley, Powe

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Streit
Eminger

Hank
Biron

That 4th line can do some damage on the forecheck and is very good defensively. Gordon is very good in the face-off circle as well.

Nystrom will give this team a bit more grit at forward and a great PKer. He can be moved up and not miss a beat. Great skater.

Streit provides a veteran presence at even strength and on the PP. Someone Moore and McDonagh can learn a lot from.

It allows for a rookie to make the team out of camp. Lines can be juggled if a winger, say Fast or Hrivik out perform a center in TC. Kreider makes the team as well.

Still don't like how small and weak the top-9 is, but that won't be changed overnight.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I really feel this team could have been great if Richards was. Obviously that was far from the case.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
Alright here are my ideas:

Re-sign:
Stepan
McDoangh
Hagelin
Zuccarello

Trades:
To SJ:
Taylor Pyatt

To NYR:
3rd '13 + 5th '13

To BUF:
Asham

To NYR:
4th '13 + 6th '14

To EDM:
Del Zotto + Boyle

To NYR:
Yakupov

Buy-out:
Richards

Tortorella gone

Signings:
Nystrom - 3 years @ 1.5 million/season
Streit - 2 years @ 4 million/season
Eminger - 1 year @ .9 million
Gordon - 2 years @ 1.5 million/season

Line-up:

Kreider-Brassard-Nash
Yakupov-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Miller/Lindberg-Zuccarello
Nystrom-Gordon-Dorsett
Haley, Powe

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Streit
Eminger

Hank
Biron

That 4th line can do some damage on the forecheck and is very good defensively. Gordon is very good in the face-off circle as well.

Nystrom will give this team a bit more grit at forward and a great PKer. He can be moved up and not miss a beat. Great skater.

Streit provides a veteran presence at even strength and on the PP. Someone Moore and McDonagh can learn a lot from.

It allows for a rookie to make the team out of camp. Lines can be juggled if a winger, say Fast or Hrivik out perform a center in TC. Kreider makes the team as well.

Still don't like how small and weak the top-9 is, but that won't be changed overnight.

The problem with all this is the huge roster turn over. The team will need possibly a whole year to gel. Same thing that happened this year.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
Probably right. But the pieces they have now, even if they gel, aren't going to a Cup.

You never know, sometimes teams start to play better and better, the longer they play with each other. I'm not saying to do nothing, tweaks are always needed. But large scale roster turn overs almost always hit the reset button on chemistry. In my opinion, that was our biggest issue this year.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You never know, sometimes teams start to play better and better, the longer they play with each other. I'm not saying to do nothing, tweaks are always needed. But large scale roster turn overs almost always hit the reset button on chemistry. In my opinion, that was our biggest issue this year.

I just feel that there are about 4 players/roster spots that absolutely need to be upgrade for this team to compete.

Players like Pyatt, Powe, Asham, Richards need to be upgraded.

Pyatt is a one dimensional bottom-6 forward. He was brought in to provide supplemental offense. He has failed. He is too slow for this system.

Powe is a good defensive forward and PKer. He provides NO offense.

Asham is a good soldier and someone I respect. But he is very slow and one dimensional. He rarely hits with any significant impact and he is slowing down. He drops the gloves, great, time to get someone who can drop the gloves AND PK or drop the gloves and hit with maliciousness.

Richards is Richards.

richardsequalscup*

No way you bring back Zuccarello. He was totally dominated by the bigger, physical Bruins.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano

Re-sign:
Stepan
McDoangh
Hagelin
Zuccarello

Trades:
To SJ:
Taylor Pyatt

To NYR:
3rd '13 + 5th '13

To BUF:
Asham

To NYR:
4th '13 + 6th '14

To EDM:
Del Zotto + Boyle

To NYR:
Yakupov

Buy-out:
Richards

Tortorella gone

Signings:

Line-up:

Kreider-Brassard-Nash
Yakupov-Stepan-Callahan
Nystrom-Gordon-Dorsett
Haley, Powe

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Streit
Eminger

Hank
Biron

If Torts is gone, I'd give this roster a chance with another coach. I firmly believe the talent is there. Maybe 3rd line reshuffle. The Pyatt - Boyle - Dorsett line should be our 4th line.

This is the second playoffs in a row where the other team's 4th line caused major damage.
That speaks to our bottom of the lineup (Both O and D). They are not physical or skilled enough to match up.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Trade one or both of Staal/DZ? Have Stralman as a second pair D-man and a question mark on the third pair? That's not going to work. That's blowing open a huge hole to fix a smaller one IMO.

You feel like our offensive ineptitude is a "small hole."

I don't see any conceivable scenario in my head where we deal both of them but you have to give to get. We have a surplus of talented young left defenseman. Deal one to get another young to forward and go from there. The defense would look the same as it does now.

GarretJoseph*

Re-sign:
Stepan
McDoangh
Hagelin
Zuccarello

Trades:
To SJ:
Taylor Pyatt

To NYR:
3rd '13 + 5th '13

To BUF:
Asham

To NYR:
4th '13 + 6th '14

To EDM:
Del Zotto + Boyle

To NYR:
Yakupov

Buy-out:
Richards

Tortorella gone

Signings:

Line-up:

Kreider-Brassard-Nash
Yakupov-Stepan-Callahan
Nystrom-Gordon-Dorsett
Haley, Powe

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Streit
Eminger

Hank
Biron

Seriously doubt Ranger's get those picks for Pyatt and Asham. No way in hell do they get Yakupov for that horrible package. Streit turned down 5 million per season, think he signs for 4?

Pipe dream.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Seriously doubt Ranger's get those picks for Pyatt and Asham. No way in hell do they get Yakupov for that horrible package. Streit turned down 5 million per season, think he signs for 4?

Pipe dream.

Why? Teams give up picks for players like them at the deadlines.

That's not a horrible package. Boyle and MDZ have value around the league. Just because Rangers fans crap on everyone doesn't mean they are bad.

Where did you find he turned down 5 million/season? Source?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Is Yakupov being shopped?

Just going off of Mactavish's comments of he wants to shake things up. They have Eberle, RNH and Hall, along with Gagner up front. They have pimped the (3) Canadien Kids in RNH, Hall and Eberle for a couple of years. Not as much hype to Yakupov.

Their defense is significantly lacking.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

That's not a horrible package. Boyle and MDZ have value around the league. Just because Rangers fans crap on everyone doesn't mean they are bad.

It's not good. If you were Edmonton fan would you want that package for #1 overall just last year?

Then add the fact about a dozen (or more) teams could offer up much better players and or/picks. You make it seem like we'd be the only team interested.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I'll throw in Pyatt, then.

Lol. Maybe throw in Gilroy while you're at it haha.

I don't think it would be too far off really. MDZ is a 22 year old top-4 puck mover. That is highly valued around the league.

MDZ has looked terrible for most of this year. His value has taken quite a hit. There's no way that deal would be taken by Edm. They could get a better offer then MDZ and Boyle.

GarretJoseph*

Thread title is off-season, not deadline deals. Big difference in value and what's available in the off-season is a lot less than whats available at the deadline. Why trade picks when you can sign UFA of the same or better value/talent?

Boyle and MDZ have value but you're not getting a sure stud for these 2.

Start with Stepan, MDZ and Miller/Kreider and then the Oilers will talk with you. No way the Oilers deal him for MDZ & Boyle. You gotta give to get and while I personally wouldn't move Stepan/MDZ/Kreider for him I'm sure some people would.

Source is all over the internet for Streit, if you want someone with credibility then look no further than Darren Dreger.

P.S, holy crap some serious lightening going on right now.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Alright so it sucks, moving on...

It's not good, but doesn't suck ;)

Del Z's value is not exactly at it's all time high. Boyle is what he is, and I'd think the Oil would love him. But Yakupov still has that #1 overall cache and his play this year probably upped it.

We're better off trading those guys to them for their draft picks this year, which actually might be doable. Oil have enough youth, I'd be shocked if they didn't make a play for some experience at this years draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad