GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy (opens at 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Not too many interesting D available and I think we need to add some depth. Who d'you want?

Why aren't we in on Derek Roy? He would fit in perfectly!!!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Except that we needed to sign some people to fill our lineup. That's how it works.

We got a good player for a good price in this UFA market. Deal with it.

reliable?

@NicolasPoulin
Maxime Talbot pourrait être échangé au Canadien, aujourd'hui, selon @DLCoulisses. #Habs #Flyers

I don't mind Talbot, but given his production(10 points in 35 games), cap hit(1.75 mil x 3 years) and the Flyers conundrum with the cap, the price better not be high.

Plus, if we get him you have him Prust and Moen at 6+ mil on the 4th line. If you add him and trade Moen you lose another big player for a much smaller one...

Ryder 6'1" 198lbs vs Briere 5'8" 175lbs
Moen 6'2" 220lbs vs Talbot 5'11" 185lbs

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Some rumblings of Iginla interest in St Louis. History with Hitch, but Blues are targeting a centre. Will battle Det and others for Weiss.

If St Louis can't get a good skill center DD makes more sense...

They probably want one who can actually play in the defensive zone.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
Unless something falls in their lap, I don't believe the Habs will be that active today. Briere was their main move

bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m Unless something falls in their lap, I don't believe the Habs will be that active today. Briere was their main move

That's a good thing...in a way...don't want them throwing crazy money and term at Horton Clarkson Clowe etc

BUT there are still 3-4 moves needed.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Lebrun says Briere was the Habs main move and likely won't be active. The dream of a Desharnais - Briere - Gionta line still lives.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m Today's the day the NHL's buyout class of 2017 begins their journey. It begins, as many dreams do, with a bag of money...

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Unless something falls in their lap, I don't believe the Habs will be that active today. Briere was their main move

bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not surprised at all.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Ya, take that with a grain of salt. Those people are clueless

Anyways that said I would be against swapping Talbot for Moen if the Flyers are interested

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

bahahahahahahahahahahaha

So I guess those were literally Bergevin's balls in the air, aimed toward the fans.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 15m
It's July 5. NHL GMs...start...your...career-ending signings.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
They probably want one who can actually play in the defensive zone.

They have plenty of those guys already so it's a non issue. They can use DD like the Habs did in 2011-12.

Tinordi's better right now than O'Byrne's ever been.

Maybe so, but O'byrne would add depth and maybe buy Tinordi more AHL time to play big minutes and develop. Lots of other options, Peckham Fistric Komisarek etc

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not surprising, I'm expecting a 3rd or 4th liner and a bottom D pairing. That's about it. There is also no one I'd want them spending on

I don't think Clarkson and Clowe will live up to their contracts and Iginla and Alfreddson are not what we need

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Meh, it seems pretty obvious to me that any other big moves are going to have to come from a trade. Our roster is pretty packed to the gills right now. I'd like to see us add a depth fourth liner (Nystrom, Hendricks, Gordon) and some tougher depth on D (Murray, Fistric, Zanon) but nobody should be expecting Clowe/Clarkson/Jagr/Iginla...there just isn't room.

If we are going to trade DD or Gionta, it makes sense to see which teams will be desperate after striking out in free agency, so don't expect them to be moved for at least another week, if at all.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Rick Springhetti ‏@Rick1042 4m My impression are that the Habs are done with FA but have some fires going on the trade front. Deals may go down after FA period settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad