GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy (opens at 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Weak UFA market. By comparison, you have to admit Briere @ 4M per isn't that bad.

Drinking mud compared to eating crap isn't that bad, but I'd rather not either. If we don't move DD, acquiring Briere would have been a redundant move.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Little doubt David Clarkson will get a 7 year term. Some gm's think he will get $6 mil or higher per. #TSN

I still can't believe someone will pay 6 million for a man who scored more than 20 once in the nhl and is 30 years old.

Would be happy if Toronto signed him :D

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 59s
Ray Emery in PHI; Nathan Horton in CBJ; Ryane Clowe in NJ. But lots of intrigue, shouldn't be long after 12 noon that signings get done.

Columbus intrigues me.

They are building a nice team just in time to come over to the East.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 59s
Ray Emery in PHI; Nathan Horton in CBJ; Ryane Clowe in NJ. But lots of intrigue, shouldn't be long after 12 noon that signings get done.

Columbus intrigues me.

Yup, they're doing a really good job down there. We are also going to be seeing them more often as they're coming East with the new divisions

Great minds think alike Tuggy :)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Trade DD and I'll be happy.

I have no problem with that as long as...

1-we sign/trade for a big top 9 forward
2-we get good value for DD, because if a 36 year old Briere is worth a 4 mil cap hit, a more productive/younger 26 year old DD is worth a fair bit(as in a lot more than a mid round pick)

PricePkPatch*

Drinking mud compared to eating crap isn't that bad, but I'd rather not either. If we don't move DD, acquiring Briere would have been a redundant move.

Except that we needed to sign some people to fill our lineup. That's how it works.

We got a good player for a good price in this UFA market. Deal with it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Except that we needed to sign some people to fill our lineup. That's how it works.

We got a good player for a good price in this UFA market. Deal with it.

So we sign a player who is redundant, old, declining and one dimensional to fill that hole. Could there be a worse fit?

Nice to know that we signed a 36 year old "lineup filler" at 4 million for two years. May as well kept Cole, at least he brings more diversity to the forward group that is is composed of too many similar players.

Bergevin explains that Cole is traded because of cap reasons and then goes and spend 9 million on Boullion, Desharnais and Briere...

PricePkPatch*

Going to be quiet.

Going into the season with the shire all star team.

39436832.jpg

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I never understood this sentiment. Why?

Don't tell me cap space because we all know teams that are willing to do so, can work around it.

Because he's not that great and ain't worth anything more then 4 million and that even is a lot. The guy besides 1 good season hasn't proved anything. And yes the Cap space in today's day and age is important, look at all these buyouts we've seen this year from bad deals, in 2-3 years they're won't be any and teams that overpay now will be stuck with these horrible deals

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Who ever signs Clarkson, will probably buy him out mid way through his contract. Guarenteed

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
I never understood this sentiment. Why?

Don't tell me cap space because we all know teams that are willing to do so, can work around it.

Yes cap space. Once the two amnesty buyouts are used, what are their options? Find a trading partner to dump contracts?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Don't know where David Clarkson will end up but odds may favor a CDN team. Visited EDM, OTT and hometown TOR. Also visited CBJ.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 9m Little doubt David Clarkson will get a 7 year term. Some gm's think he will get $6 mil or higher per. #TSN

Holy ridiculous contract. Clarkson is a solid NHL player but that's a 2-2.5 mil/year overpayment...and over SEVEN freaking years!!! I hope it's Ottawa or Toronto and they screw up their cap.

Apr 28, 2010
DD would be a nice fit in SJ. He could easily replace Gomez. SJ is the biggest team in the league. (Or maybe that was when they had Clowe/Murray.)

Hopefully the hockey gods are listening because i'll be praying really hard.
praying.gif

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
So we sign a player who is redundant, old, declining and one dimensional to fill that hole. Could there be a worse fit?

Nice to know that we signed a 36 year old "lineup filler" at 4 million for two years. May as well kept Cole, at least he brings more diversity to the forward group that is is composed of too many similar players.

Bergevin explains that Cole is traded because of cap reasons and then goes and spend 9 million on Boullion, Desharnais and Briere...

term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad