2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 14.0

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
I don't agree at all that we can afford to squander any on a high risk/high reward homerun swing when there are lots of low/risk high/reward prospects available.

The problem is, low risk/high reward prospects are generally off the board by the time we approach the end of the first round. Otherwise it'd be a rather easy decision.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'll make a really "tough" prediction right now....There's so many guys we want that FOR SURE, we will HATE to see who the team that will pick before us will choose. Guaranteed that it's a player we love. Let's hope that the guy WE take, we love him too....

After picking the, arguably, best player in the draft last year, this is gonna a disapointment no matter how it ends up.

UNLESS we draft Gauthier. :laugh:

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'll make a really "tough" prediction right now....There's so many guys we want that FOR SURE, we will HATE to see who the team that will pick before us will choose. Guaranteed that it's a player we love. Let's hope that the guy WE take, we love him too....

*sigh* You're right of course, but I'm like the King's Fool, I want them all. Is that so unreasonable? If we could just take our first 6 picks and fit them in between 25 and 36, I'd be quite happy, thank you very much. Doesn't seem unreasonable....does it?:sarcasm:

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
The problem is, low risk/high reward prospects are generally off the board by the time we approach the end of the first round. Otherwise it'd be a rather easy decision.

That's the point though. The talent is so deep in this draft, that there will still be low risk/high reward (or at least LOWER risk/high reward) players available well into the 2nd round, and maybe beyond. I just don't think with the depth of this draft, that a "full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes (or icebergs)" is a good draft strategy.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You did that just so I wouldn't get any sleep between now and Sunday, didn't you?:p:

In the event that fates do pull a trick like having Zykov going one pick before ours (which wouldn't surprise me one bit), based on your list I would hope Timmins would grab Poirier or Klimchuk as the alternate picks ahead of Hartman.

Bingo for Poirier. I'm a bit meh on Klimchuck.

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
I am from Quebec City and i have seen Erne played 10 times this year. He is the best all around player i have seen in that uniform since Maxime Lacroix ( selected by the capitals washington in 2005 i think). He play like Jakub Voracek but damn he hit hard like Peter Forsberg in his good time. This guy cant bust!!

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
25: gimme Mantha, Erne works too tho.. smarter player but less upside
34: Klimchuk
36: Theodore
55: Vannelli

I still think this guy is very under-rated here. The only thing this guy is missing is size. He's average at best in that regard. Otherwise, I really think this guy has game-breaking offensive skills.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I still think this guy is very under-rated here. The only thing this guy is missing is size. He's average at best in that regard. Otherwise, I really think this guy has game-breaking offensive skills.

i can see him going in the early 20's

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
In 69 hours we'll be sitting like total loosers in front of a tv having the time of our life.

Bring on the stationnary bike and stay away from the chips and sodas.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Bingo for Poirier. I'm a bit meh on Klimchuck.

A lot of people are, but personally I think he has a very special and unique skillset. You won't often find me quoting Craig Button but his following assessment of Klimchuk in Mackenzie's Final Draft Ratings (Klimchuk was #30) is bang on and what in my view makes Klimchuk special.

"He's a strong skater who is always up to the pace but always finds himself at least a half-step ahead because he so attuned to what is happening and what could happen."

That I think is what sets Klimchuk apart and makes him unique. But that's just me...

Edit: In fact, I would go one step further than Buttons and say he's not attuned to "what could happen"...he knows "what's GOING TO HAPPEN".

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I am from Quebec City and i have seen Erne played 10 times this year. He is the best all around player i have seen in that uniform since Maxime Lacroix ( selected by the capitals washington in 2005 i think). He play like Jakub Voracek but damn he hit hard like Peter Forsberg in his good time. This guy cant bust!!

Yet we have another Remparts fan telling us Erne will bust. The contradictory reports are pretty stunning on Erne. I agree with you, but maybe I just caught him in games where he played well.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
In 69 hours we'll be sitting like total loosers in front of a tv having the time of our life.

Bring on the stationnary bike and stay away from the chips and sodas.

To late, I've already stocked up and I have a chance on a great deal on a brand new Elyptical Machine but no damned way I'm closing the deal until AFTER the draft. :laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
how do these mock drafts work? im new to the forum so ive never been apart of one, looks like alot of fun
do u guys ever do any MTL board mock drafts?

Analyzer*

how do these mock drafts work? im new to the forum so ive never been apart of one, looks like alot of fun

Most of the mock drafts are just 1 person who puts who they think a team will take.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I personally think the habs would take Zykov before Morrissey.

Although I think I would go with Zykov too if I had to choose, I have to say that would be one helluva tough decision. I'd really only select Zykov because I think our forward prospect group needs bolstering more than our defence does, but boy that would be a hard pill to swallow. No matter which you choose, you would be passing on one very very good prospect.

Edit: I'd probably chicken out and see what's behind Door #3. *LOL*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad