2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 14.0

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If we have our 4th then we can target Andrighetto.. and comfortably look at goalies like Bibeau, Bergvik, Bartosak and Petersen without the worry of taking them in round 3.

Can anyone post why all indications seem to be we have our 4th? Could it just be an administrative error up to this point?

Still working on it.....as of now, the NHL, the Habs and the Isles have the 116th pick to us. Yet....unless the conditions were totally wrong to begin with, it makes no sense for us to keep it? Anybody has Gauthier's phone number?

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
My first round mock:

1. COL - Nathan Mackinnon
2. FLA - Seth Jones
3. TBL - Alexander Barkov
4. NAS - Jonathan Drouin
5. CAR - Elias Lindholm
6. CGY - Sean Monohan
7. EDM - Darnell Nurse
8. BUF - Valeri Nichushkin
9. NJD - Max Domi
10. DAL - Alexander Wennberg
11. PHI - Samuel Morin
12. PHX - Hunter Shinkaruk
13. WIN - Rasmus Ristolainen
14. CLB - Bo Horvat
15. NYI - Anthony Mantha
16. BUF - Nikita Zadorov
17. OTT - Joshua Morrissey
18. DET - Curtis Lazar
19. CLB - Mirco Mueller
20. SJS - Kerby Rychel
21. TOR - Frederik Gauthier
22. CGY - Ryan Pulock
23. WAS - Adam Erne
24. VAN - Valentin Zykov
25. MTL - Ryan Hartman
26. ANA - Madison Bowey
27. CLB - Andre Burakowsky
28. CGY - Zach Fucale
29. DAL - Emile Poirier
30. CHI - Morgan Klimchuk

Thats leaves us with 2 of De La Rose, Compher, Dauphin, Heatherington, Santini and McCoshen.:naughty:

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Still working on it.....as of now, the NHL, the Habs and the Isles have the 116th pick to us. Yet....unless the conditions were totally wrong to begin with, it makes no sense for us to keep it? Anybody has Gauthier's phone number?

From what I've read, we have either our 4th or our 5th.. Probably the latter.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
My first round mock:

2. FLA - Seth Jones
4. NAS - Jonathan Drouin
5. CAR - Elias Lindholm
6. CGY - Sean Monohan
7. EDM - Darnell Nurse
8. BUF - Valeri Nichushkin
9. NJD - Max Domi
10. DAL - Alexander Wennberg
11. PHI - Samuel Morin
12. PHX - Hunter Shinkaruk
14. CLB - Bo Horvat
15. NYI - Anthony Mantha
16. BUF - Nikita Zadorov
18. DET - Curtis Lazar
19. CLB - Mirco Mueller
20. SJS - Kerby Rychel
21. TOR - Frederik Gauthier
22. CGY - Ryan Pulock
23. WAS - Adam Erne
24. VAN - Valentin Zykov
25. MTL - Ryan Hartman
26. ANA - Madison Bowey
28. CGY - Zach Fucale
29. DAL - Emile Poirier

Thats leaves us with 2 of De La Rose, Compher, Dauphin, Heatherington, Santini and McCoshen.:naughty:

Love Hartman and all but Andre Burakowsky>Ryan Hartman

LeHaboholique

Jul 25, 2012
Same
I cant see TT and Bergevin passing on Hartman for Burakowsky.

Burakowsky is known to be inconsistent and not show up in big games. Hartman is known as a heart and sould player.
Like MANY I question his honest offensive upside. We can find eart and soul guys everywhere in later rounds but I want an impact 25th Overall and not a guy I personally feel will be a career 3rdliner.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Try OneSharpMarble.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
My first round mock:

2. FLA - Seth Jones
4. NAS - Jonathan Drouin

14. CLB - Bo Horvat
15. NYI - Anthony Mantha
16. BUF - Nikita Zadorov
18. DET - Curtis Lazar

25. MTL - Ryan Hartman
26. ANA - Madison Bowey
28. CGY - Zach Fucale
29. DAL - Emile Poirier

No way Winnipeg takes Ristolainen, it looks like Domi or Lazar are there choices, one of which should be available when they pick.

Florida needs a centre, my guess is Barkov for them.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
From what I've read, we have either our 4th or our 5th.. Probably the latter.

We absolutely do not have our 5th. That's gone. If anything, we could gain our 4th back, which, again, makes no sense until the conditions were wrong to begin with.

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
The mentality of the Montreal Canadiens has changed with Marc Bergevin as a gm. If he can select a quebecois with = or a little bit less talent he's gonna select the quebecois over the other player with another nationality.

Here is my draft considering we gonna focus on the important fact of drafting quebecois players.

-25 **Frederik Gauthier** Bob Mckenzie's has Gauthier at 22 so i would love to do a trade with calgary to move up at 22 and select him if he's still availlaible. If not possible and Mantha is still here at 25 we take Mantha.

-34 **Laurent Dauphin** we are not passing over that player who play with passion like that he will be a perfect fit for the Montreal Canadiens.

-36 **Nicholas Petan** We already drafted 2 good quebecois now its time for the homerun and draft a Jordan Eberle 2.0!! enjoy that beautiful video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruv103h6NCI

-55 **William Carrier** if hes still availlaible Mckenzie has him at 50.

-71 ** Anthony Duclair** He skates so well it's a good project.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Like MANY I question his honest offensive upside. We can find eart and soul guys everywhere in later rounds but I want an impact 25th Overall and not a guy I personally feel will be a career 3rdliner.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/06/ryan-hartman-2013-nhl-draft-player-profile-26/

McKenzie has Burakowsky at #24 and Hartman at #26 in his rankings.

Button has Hartman going at #22 in the mock. Burakowsky is not in the top 30.

I honestly see Burakowsky being a top 6 or bust. He has all the tools but has not put them together. Hartman will be at least a good 3rd liner that can PK. At best a 2nd liner. But much safer and brings some grit, effort and determination to our team.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
The mentality of the Montreal Canadiens has changed with Marc Bergevin as a gm. If he can select a quebecois with = or a little bit less talent he's gonna select the quebecois over the other player with another nationality.

Here is my draft considering we gonna focus on the important fact of drafting quebecois players.

-25 **Frederik Gauthier** Bob Mckenzie's has Gauthier at 22 so i would love to do a trade with calgary to move up at 22 and select him if he's still availlaible. If not possible and Mantha is still here at 25 we take Mantha.

-34 **Laurent Dauphin** we are not passing over that player who play with passion like that he will be a perfect fit for the Montreal Canadiens.

-36 **Nicholas Petan** We already drafted 2 good quebecois now its time for the homerun and draft a Jordan Eberle 2.0!! enjoy that beautiful video:

Oh hell no.

I dont have a problem with Dauphin or Carrier. I wouldnt touch Duclair. Gauthier is fine depending who else is available.

I just dont like the mentality. Bergevin is trying to build a winning team not a team with as many quebecois as possible.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
No way Winnipeg takes Ristolainen, it looks like Domi or Lazar are there choices, one of which should be available when they pick.

Florida needs a centre, my guess is Barkov for them.

Lazar over Ristolainen?

They have Scheifele, Kosmachuk, Telegin as prospects up front and Kane, Little, Burmistrov, Wheeler and Ladd who are still fairly young.

Trouba and Bogosian are all they have on D.

Risto is also BPA.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/06/ryan-hartman-2013-nhl-draft-player-profile-26/

I honestly see Burakowsky being a top 6 or bust. He has all the tools but has not put them together. Hartman will be at least a good 3rd liner that can PK. At best a 2nd liner. But much safer and brings some grit, effort and determination to our team.

Why are we trying to be safe? So we can draft a 3rd line player? Let's swing for the fences: Burakovsky is either a home run or a strike out. We can cover the downside in the free agency market. As the recent buyouts and announced non-resignings have shown, there will be no shortage of top NHL talent available this summer. With 4 picks in the top two rounds and plethora of players available this summer via free agency, we don't have to be safe. Let's select the players with the highest upside and damn the risks.

LeHaboholique

Jul 25, 2012
Same

Id rather take the chance on Burakowsky. If he does put it together then awesome. Pacioretty and Subban to name a couple had to put it all together and the staff did a good job of helping him get there. I trust the staff if Burakowsky is who TT likes.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
My first round mock:

24. VAN - Valentin Zykov
25. MTL - Ryan Hartman

You did that just so I wouldn't get any sleep between now and Sunday, didn't you?:p:

In the event that fates do pull a trick like having Zykov going one pick before ours (which wouldn't surprise me one bit), based on your list I would hope Timmins would grab Poirier or Klimchuk as the alternate picks ahead of Hartman.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Id rather take the chance on Burakowsky. If he does put it together then awesome. Pacioretty and Subban to name a couple had to put it all together and the staff did a good job of helping him get there. I trust the staff if Burakowsky is who TT likes.

Regrettably, I don't think we will have a chance to draft Burakovsky. He has dynamic skating ability and I see him going much higher than the pundits are predicting. I can actually see him going in the top 18 and before some of the more notable names that have been bandied about here for the last two months. If he's still on the board at 15 to 18 range, I would have no trouble with the team expending assets to move up and take this potential game breaking player.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
You did that just so I wouldn't get any sleep between now and Sunday, didn't you?:p:

In the event that fates do pull a trick like having Zykov going one pick before ours (which wouldn't surprise me one bit), based on your list I would hope Timmins would grab Poirier or Klimchuk as the alternate picks ahead of Hartman.

I'll make a really "tough" prediction right now....There's so many guys we want that FOR SURE, we will HATE to see who the team that will pick before us will choose. Guaranteed that it's a player we love. Let's hope that the guy WE take, we love him too....

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

would really love mantha but of all the midd-round picks he easily has the most offencive upside, i cant see him @ 25 =/

in other news, me likey

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Why are we trying to be safe? So we can draft a 3rd line player? Let's swing for the fences: Burakovsky is either a home run or a strike out. We can cover the downside in the free agency market. As the recent buyouts and announced non-resignings have shown, there will be no shortage of top NHL talent available this summer. With 4 picks in the top two rounds and plethora of players available this summer via free agency, we don't have to be safe. Let's select the players with the highest upside and damn the risks.

Well, we don't have to go crazy either. If Timmins thinks Burokovsky is the man, I'm fine with that, and while risks have to inevitably be taken in any draft (as in life), I don't see any reason to take unnecessary risks, especially in a draft as deep as this one. You don't take a guy with high upside but major questions on whether he is going to get there when you have a "plethora" of blue chippers with great upside looking you in the face. EVERY PICK IS IMPORTANT, especially with the talent available in this draft. I don't agree at all that we can afford to squander any on a high risk/high reward homerun swing when there are lots of low/risk high/reward prospects available.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00