2013 NHL Entry Draft Statistics

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I would add Geordie Maguire(Forward) to the List for the Brandon Wheat Kings. He was just traded there from Everett and it sounds like he will be reporting instead of going the college route. Not sure what is going on in Everett but no one wants to go there nowadays. Maguire was the Manitoba AAA midget scoring champ last year by a large margin and will have a major role on the rebuilding(reloading) Wheaties next season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I would add Geordie Maguire(Forward) to the List for the Brandon Wheat Kings. He was just traded there from Everett and it sounds like he will be reporting instead of going the college route. Not sure what is going on in Everett but no one wants to go there nowadays. Maguire was the Manitoba AAA midget scoring champ last year by a large margin and will have a major role on the rebuilding(reloading) Wheaties next season.

Reminds me of Portland about 5 years ago.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They are in a bit of rebuild I guess but they have such great fans and really nice building as well. Plus a guy like Ty Mappin who should be on the radar for a top pick in 2014 draft will be there next year. I can think of worse places to play but players are shying away from the Tips lately

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They are in a bit of rebuild I guess but they have such great fans and really nice building as well. Plus a guy like Ty Mappin who should be on the radar for a top pick in 2014 draft will be there next year. I can think of worse places to play but players are shying away from the Tips lately

I understand Seth Jones leaving for a powerhouse, but he isn't the only one as you stated. They do have a proud history, solid organization, and always have great attendance.

My opinion is coaching staff. I know what Ferner did at Vernon and how he dominated that league, but some of the decisions and gameplan left me wondering at times last season. Not all is bad, because he incorporated a solid forechecking system later on in the season, which was one of the reasons they eliminated Seattle, that and Simpson was lights out almost every night. It's just they give me a weird feeling.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink

Maguire hasn't signed a WHL Contract, but I will put him up regardless.

Question for you, how do you think Jack Palmer will do this season, my guess is a 3rd/4th line role. Hometown kid, is he anything special?

R S

Sep 18, 2006

This kid, if signed, is going to need to step in right away and provide some scoring.

I think Bertaggia is the only one returning from their top 6 scorers. That's a big loss, regardless of how good their D is and how much Boes has grown/improved in the last 18 months.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
This kid, if signed, is going to need to step in right away and provide some scoring.

I think Bertaggia is the only one returning from their top 6 scorers. That's a big loss, regardless of how good their D is and how much Boes has grown/improved in the last 18 months.

There team is not looking good, hopefully with Pulock and/or Roy improving, along with Nikkel, there blueline looks steady, they need scoring and they need it quick. I think they may have an overage spot available on the squad.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Never worry about Brandon. Alot of people will write them off but they will probably be better then expected. Yes they lost alot of scoring but the Defense and goaltending will be really strong and they have a really strong young forward group coming in.

Jack Palmer - I really liked what I saw of him last year and was surprised he didn't remain with the team after his short call up. He is a really good skater and has good size already. I would say though he has average offensive ability and it will probably land him on the checking line to start.

Brandon will probably start the year with 5 to 6 rookie forwards, Maguire,Palmer,Cooper and Hehn are the 17 year olds and probably Pankewicz and Hawryluk as 16 year olds. Plus there import Nejezchulb up front as well.

Opinionator

Feb 2, 2010
This draft is way to deep for him to go in the first round, especially with guys like Pulock and Roy likely to go ahead of him in the first round. Who are both on the Wheat Kings.
Nikkel only played the tough half of the season on D. As far as Pulock and Roy go, who saw huge ice with in the first half the best (Stone) PP in the league. IMHO Nikkel is steadier, faster and way more physical. Watch for P&R to drop some and Nikkel to climb!

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Never worry about Brandon. Alot of people will write them off but they will probably be better then expected. Yes they lost alot of scoring but the Defense and goaltending will be really strong and they have a really strong young forward group coming in.

Jack Palmer - I really liked what I saw of him last year and was surprised he didn't remain with the team after his short call up. He is a really good skater and has good size already. I would say though he has average offensive ability and it will probably land him on the checking line to start.

Brandon will probably start the year with 5 to 6 rookie forwards, Maguire,Palmer,Cooper and Hehn are the 17 year olds and probably Pankewicz and Hawryluk as 16 year olds. Plus there import Nejezchulb up front as well.

I'm not writing them off. Just simply saying they might have a slow start with all the young FW's having to adjust.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I think you're going to be waiting a while.

Uhhh, no. This is about junior players stats during the 2012-13 season. An NHL lockout won't effect this. All CHL teams start training camp over the next 10 days.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This likely won't be known until the game is released and someone complies them, even then these prospect ratings are always either too high or too low, they rarely hit the mark.

Kadri always ends up as a 95+ overall for example in NHL12.

What?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

0RAh6.gif

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bump for the upcoming season, any players that you guys think should be on their in any league, please tell me.

I'm sure it's a lot of work to update player heights and weights. But I happened to notice that you have Duclair at 159 lbs while his linked profile shows 182 lbs. That's a heck of a growth spurt, and should help him out this season.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
I'm sure it's a lot of work to update player heights and weights. But I happened to notice that you have Duclair at 159 lbs while his linked profile shows 182 lbs. That's a heck of a growth spurt, and should help him out this season.

I have only done the WHL in terms of updates.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Another bump, do any of you guys actually use this thread? Or is it just useless for me to update.

I look at it a lot. It is interesting to see all the stats/heights/weights next to each other.

Also, I can appreciate the amount of work that going into something like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad