2013 NHL Entry Draft- Mock Draft- 2 Rounds!!!

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Shinkaruk would be a good pick-up for the Yotes, but no way would we draft him if Lindholm is still on the board.

Really why? Lindholm is a reasonably sized center with great offensive abilities as well as a reasonable two way game.

I don't think Shinkaruk would fit in Tippet's system well.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
i like the Oilers pick at #11 with Zadorov, though i'm pretty convinced the Oil would take Lazar if he were still available...great pick for the Oil at #41 with Tyler Hill, he gives them what they really need...big, tough and talented. potential power forward, but i can't see the Oil passing on Michael McCarron at #55...he's too big and tough, exactly what the Oil need, Oilers also have his brother John in the system.

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
i can not see Monahan going before Drouin, also Ristolainen is not a Top 5 Talent IMO.
Do not think that Hagg will be a riser in a way like brodin,e-larsson or lindholm
kerby rychel is a first round talent
connor hurley and samuel morin will go higher in the 2nd round i would think
nic petan and chris bigras will definitely be drafted in the top 60, both have a shot to go late first

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Really why? Lindholm is a reasonably sized center with great offensive abilities as well as a reasonable two way game.

I don't think Shinkaruk would fit in Tippet's system well.

Not sure what's going on this post. :help:

We definitely could use more skill in our prospect pool, and Shinkaruk brings good offense to the table - hence a "good" pickup in a position of weakness. But Lindholm is on a different level with his puck possession and his all-around game, he'd be a drafting no-brainer for GMDM if he were still available. Lazar would also likely be a better fit and would probably be taken over Shinkaruk if both were available once the Yotes were on the clock in what appears to be a mid-1st round pick.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Thanks for all the feedback on my mock, I will address a few of the latest critiques:

Shinkaruk is an offensive force the Yotes can mold him into a two- way guy, scoring is what they need and Shinkaruk is just that, he also as a great attitude

Ristolainen at 5 is maybe a bit of a stretch but top ten is not he is big and plays both ends of the rink very well I feel he would flourish in Tampa with a role model like Hedman

Lazar to Oilers is very realistic, I watch the Oilers every day and feel if the picked up one of Ristolainen, Nurse, or Zadorov there D will be set

Klefbom-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Zadorov-Musil

Hagg has shown well and I believe he will go in the top 20

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Thanks for all the feedback on my mock, I will address a few of the latest critiques:

Shinkaruk is an offensive force the Yotes can mold him into a two- way guy, scoring is what they need and Shinkaruk is just that, he also as a great attitude

Ristolainen at 5 is maybe a bit of a stretch but top ten is not he is big and plays both ends of the rink very well I feel he would flourish in Tampa with a role model like Hedman

Lazar to Oilers is very realistic, I watch the Oilers every day and feel if the picked up one of Ristolainen, Nurse, or Zadorov there D will be set

Klefbom-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Zadorov-Musil

Hagg has shown well and I believe he will go in the top 20

no chance oils take another skilled offensive player

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Not sure what's going on this post. :help:

We definitely could use more skill in our prospect pool, and Shinkaruk brings good offense to the table - hence a "good" pickup in a position of weakness. But Lindholm is on a different level with his puck possession and his all-around game, he'd be a drafting no-brainer for GMDM if he were still available. Lazar would also likely be a better fit and would probably be taken over Shinkaruk if both were available once the Yotes were on the clock in what appears to be a mid-1st round pick.

Maybe you misread my post, but if I understand you correctly we're agreeing.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
no chance oils take another skilled offensive player

if the Oilers don't end up with a top 10 pick, then there's no question in my mind they'd take Lazar...he does indeed give us what the organization claims we still need....a talented 2 way center who works hard and has a bit of sandpaper in his game. and the Oil ARE still looking for another center.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Who is Jimmy Lodge is he a centre? What are some comparisons?

Lodge is a big american centre (6'2) who needs to add to his frame he was just over a PPG in Saginaw, he seems to fit a need for the Leafs. He has 2 nd line potential and from what I've read he isn't overly physical but protects the puck well.

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
Mirco Mueller wouldn't be a bad pick for the ducks, but if Kerby Rychel, Ryan Hartman, or JT Compher are still on the table, I think they will take one of them instead.

As for Artturi Lehkonen with the 2nd round pick ...... If the Ducks pick him with our 2nd round pick I'd be pretty happy. I think he would fit in well in the Ducks farm system.

Aela*

5-Tampa Bay- Rasmus Ristolainen- Hedman and Ristolainen anchor Bolts blue line for next 10 years

No way does Tampa take a D when they have GREAT prospects for that position and when they need more Stamkos support. Nichuskin is even open, which I'm 90% sure will be there pick at that place. At that place I'd even take Shinkaruk > others too.

Drouin for Avs, they need a winger. I'm a big Monahan fan too, but the Avs aren't the team for him.

I don't think Anaheim passes on Rychel when he's open.

I don't think Ristolainen goes ahead of Nurse/Zadorov.

No way does CBJ take a D when they need big forwards who can score even more. Horvat and a billion other guys like that are all still there at that point, sooo.

This is just me even more than the other points, but I can't see Subban going that high. :p

/2cents

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
No way does Tampa take a D when they have GREAT prospects for that position and when they need more Stamkos support. Nichuskin is even open, which I'm 90% sure will be there pick at that place. At that place I'd even take Shinkaruk > others too.

Drouin for Avs, they need a winger. I'm a big Monahan fan too, but the Avs aren't the team for him.

I don't think Anaheim passes on Rychel when he's open.

I don't think Ristolainen goes ahead of Nurse/Zadorov.

No way does CBJ take a D when they need big forwards who can score even more. Horvat and a billion other guys like that are all still there at that point, sooo.

This is just me even more than the other points, but I can't see Subban going that high. :p

/2cents

Ristolainen is a stud he should go ahead of Nurse and Zadorv all three are great but, Ristolainen is the total package though.

I've been grilled about Columbus taking D and in my next mock they won't be

And Subban seems to be all over the board but he has offence

Thanks for the feedback though I love too hear opinions of others

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I would be very upset if Calgary ended up with both Theodore and Jarry in the first round personally. They are both decent prospects, but not exactly what Calgary needs, especially when taking into consideration they likely could both be had in the middle of the second round.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I would be very upset if Calgary ended up with both Theodore and Jarry in the first round personally. They are both decent prospects, but not exactly what Calgary needs, especially when taking into consideration they likely could both be had in the middle of the second round.

Theodore slipping to mid second shouldnt happen, Both Jarry and Theodore will rise, Theodore reminds me so much of Duncan Keith, using my draft who would you have them take in those spots instead of the two I have.

Mark my words Theodore will be a steal in late first early second he is a dynamic skater with good a head, on terrible team.

Last edited:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Theodore slipping to mid second shouldnt happen, Both Jarry and Theodore will rise, Theodore reminds me so much of Duncan Keith, using my draft who would you have them take in those spots instead of the two I have.

Mark my words Theodore will be a steal in late first early second he is a dynamic skater with good a head, on terrible team.

I could potentially see Calgary taking a flyer on Theodore at 28, but 23 seems a little early for my liking.

As far as Jarry goes, I just can't foresee Calgary taking a goaltender in the first round. AGM John Weisbrod has gone on record stating that he is not in favour of doing so unless the organization believes that players is a "special talent" or something to that affect. Then you take into consideration that the one thing that Calgary doesn't lack is goalies in the system with Brossoit, Gillies, Ortio, Irving, Ramo and now Berra all under 26 years of age.

Personally (going of your mock) I would prefer to see
23rd - Jason Dickinson or Ryan Hartman
28th - JT Compher or Ian McCoshen ( Feaster and Weisbrod love there American/NCAA players)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I could potentially see Calgary taking a flyer on Theodore at 28, but 23 seems a little early for my liking.

As far as Jarry goes, I just can't foresee Calgary taking a goaltender in the first round. AGM John Weisbrod has gone on record stating that he is not in favour of doing so unless the organization believes that players is a "special talent" or something to that affect. Then you take into consideration that the one thing that Calgary doesn't lack is goalies in the system with Brossoit, Gillies, Ortio, Irving, Ramo and now Berra all under 26 years of age.

Personally (going of your mock) I would prefer to see
23rd - Jason Dickinson or Ryan Hartman
28th - JT Compher or Ian McCoshen ( Feaster and Weisbrod love there American/NCAA players)

I hear you on the goalie front, it's good to hear from team specific fans Dickinson has lots of potential and would fit in great with the Flames, those are all solid players.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Where the heck is Nic Petan? The most talented player in the draft will go top 60 even if he is undersized. I think he goes somewhere in the 20-30 range.

Aela*

Where the heck is Nic Petan? The most talented player in the draft will go top 60 even if he is undersized. I think he goes somewhere in the 20-30 range.

I'm not impressed with his play compared to some of the other players in the draft. No way is he most talented either. As a pure offensive player, there's Domi, Shinkaruk and Nichuskin. As a good all around player, there's even more of those, so I can't see him being in the 1st round even.

/2cents

@WaterKnight

admittedly I semi based my opinion of Anaheim taking him on yours :laugh:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
I'm not impressed with his play compared to some of the other players in the draft. No way is he most talented either. As a pure offensive player, there's Domi, Shinkaruk and Nichuskin. As a good all around player, there's even more of those, so I can't see him being in the 1st round even.

/2cents

@WaterKnight

admittedly I semi based my opinion of Anaheim taking him on yours :laugh:

You're missing Drouin in that list... ;)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Its cool to hear from a jackets fan i would have thought taking defence would be there goal, Going off of my draft who would you like too see the jackets take with there 3 picks? Domi, Mantha, Lazar? LMK.

Sorry for the slow response. Couldn't get time to come to boards. Obviously a lot is going to depend on draft position. While I'm rooting for them to make the playoffs, I think their schedule is going to put them closer to the 6-8 position. I would see Lindholm, Monohan or Nichushkin as the pick. Many of us think that Jarmo is more of a gambler and willing to wait on a talent like Nichushkin. Ideally the NYR don't make the playoffs and Nichushkin slips down to that 12-13 range and he's taken with the 2nd 1st by the CBJ (dreaming, I know).

Given your draft order, I could see something like Gauthier, Wennberg, Klimchuck and Lodge with their 1st 4 picks. Just plugging them in around 13, 16, 24 (I don't think they pick 30th with the LAK pick). Lodge in the 2nd round. Honestly there are so many options and with the draft order so up in the air at the moment it's the best I can offer. We're really hoping if we don't make the playoffs we end up in that 6-8 range which puts Lindholm or Monohan on the board. I just don't see them using a 1st on defense aside from Jones. Maybe the 2nd round pick is a d-man....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad