2013 NHL Entry Draft- Mock Draft- 2 Rounds!!!

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Hello all, I decided to post my Mock Draft that I've been working on for a couple weeks now.

Instead of using the standings as they are now I decided to use the order according to how I feel the season will end.

I would love to hear comments from team specific fans and general hockey fans.

Do I have some guys too high or too low?

1-Calgary- Nate MacKinnon- Flames need too pick the face of the franchise and draft long desired centre
2-Florida- Seth Jones- Panthers happily select franchise defenceman with second pick
3-Colorado- Sean Monahan- Avs pass on Drouin and take size, scoring, and leadership with Monahan
4-Buffalo- Jonathan Drouin- Sabres get injection of skill and find there Pat Kane
5-Tampa Bay- Rasmus Ristolainen- Hedman and Ristolainen anchor Bolts blue line for next 10 years
6-Nashville- Aleksander Barkov- Preds offence gets huge boost, Forsberg + Barkov = Good future
7-Phoenix- Hunter Shinkaruk- Pure offence, something Phoenix could use
8-Philadelphia- Darnell Nurse- Trying too fill th void left by Pronger, Nurse is a good start
9-Dallas- Valeri Nichushkin- Stars take BPA, and pick up a beast in the Malkin mould
10-Winnipeg- Elias Lindholm- Jets happy to have Lindholm fall into there laps
11-Edmonton- Nikita Zadorov- Oilers pick up nasty rugged blue liner with offence
12-Carolina- Robert Hagg- Draft day riser in the Brodin, OEL, Lindholm category
13-Columbus- Curtis Lazar- Heart and soul leader who can snipe
14-New York Is.- Ryan Pulock- Great all around D-man with bomb of a shot
15-New Jersey- Adam Erne- Big physical winger who can score
16-Detroit- Alex Wannburg- Will fit in great in Detroit, 2 way foreward will have time to develop
17-Washington- Anthony Mantha- Loads of skill and size, but comes with attitude issues
18-Columbus(N.Y)- Josh Morrisey- Jackets add offensive D- man with physical edge
19-Toronto- Zachary Fucale- Leafs take consensus best goalie and give him time to develop
20-Ottawa- Bo Horvat- Hard worker fits in well with what the Sens are doing these days
21-San Jose- Frederik Gauthier- Big centre plays both ends of the rink, will slip right in when Jumbo leaves
22-Vancouver- Max Domi- The Sedins are slowing down, and the Nucks take most skilled player left
23-Calgary(S.L)- Shea Theodore- My personal pick for highest draft day riser, amazing skater
24-Buffalo(MN)- Morgan Klimchuk- First Drouin now Klimchuk that's a lot of skill
25-Anaheim- Mirco Mueller- Stud, with puck moving abilitys
26-Montreal- Ryan Hartman- Montreal adds grit, heart and soul player
27-Dallas(BS)- Jason Dickinson- Loads of untapped potential, could be one of the drafts best players
28-Chicago- Valentin Zykov- Hawks add potential gem, size, grit, scoring ability, and he's getting better
29-Calgary(PB)- Tristan Jarry- Jarry will end up being the best goalie of the draft
30-Columbus(L.A)- William Carrier- Put up good numbers on bad team, good size with mix of skill

31-Montreal(CGY)-Andre Burakovsky
32-Florida- Kerby Rychel
33-Colorado- JT Compher
34-Buffalo- Steven Santini
35-Tampa Bay- Ian McCoshen
36-Montreal(Ns)- Nic Petan
37-Phoenix- Justin Bailey
38-Philadelphia- Eric Comire
39-Dallas- Jacob de la Rose
40-Winnipeg- Madison Bowey
41-Edmonton- Tyler Hill
42-Carolina- Keaton Thompson
43-Columbus- Jackson Houck
44-Anaheim(Nyi)- Artturi Lehkonen
45-New Jersey- Anthony Duclair
46-Detroit- Marko Dano
47-Washington- Hudson Fasching
48-San Jose(Nyr)- Connor Hurley
49-Toronto- Jimmy Lodge
50-St. Louis(Ot)- Jordan Subban
51-San Jose- Taylor Camarata
52-Dallas(Vn)- Nick Sorenson
53-Buffalo(S.L)- Adam Tambellini
54-Minnisota- Oliver Bjorkstrand
55-Edmonton(An)- Ryan Kujawinski
56-Montreal- Laurent Dauphin
57-Boston- Dillon Heatherington
58-Winnipeg(Ch)- Michael McCarron
59-Winnipeg- Samuel Morin
60-San Jose(PB)- Roberts Lipsbergs
61-Los Angeles- J.C Lipon

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Stars would have Boston's 1st in this case.

I love Nichushkin, but I'd rather go with Lindholm there.

Also think that we'd probably go with Bowey at 39th, but I'd love to add De La Rose as well.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I doubt the habs pass on zykov if he's still available he's a guy I can see coming into form really well for us the 2 round picks are good though fills the pipeline

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
As much as I love Buffalo getting the 4th pick, I doubt that happens and I highly doubt Carolina finishes with the 12th. At this rate, they'll have the 4th pick

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I doubt the habs pass on zykov if he's still available he's a guy I can see coming into form really well for us the 2 round picks are good though fills the pipeline

That's funny cause that was one I really looked hard at I personally really like Zykov I just felt that Hartman is exactly what the Habs need for future playoff races, both guys are studs

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
As much as I love Buffalo getting the 4th pick, I doubt that happens and I highly doubt Carolina finishes with the 12th. At this rate, they'll have the 4th pick

Too be honest I didn't put too much time into the potential final standings, I took more time into the prospect placement, you may be right though, Canes are slipping

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
You must feel the LAK will win the cup again this year. I don't see it and there is absolutely no chance Columbus uses their first two picks on defensemen. It's their biggest position of strength and JD has exclaimed that unless they get the #1 (where they would pick Jones) it's "offense, offense, offense". Not that that d-men mentioned aren't worthy of the position chosen but it won't be by Columbus.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
You must feel the LAK will win the cup again this year. I don't see it and there is absolutely no chance Columbus uses their first two picks on defensemen. It's their biggest position of strength and JD has exclaimed that unless they get the #1 (where they would pick Jones) it's "offense, offense, offense". Not that that d-men mentioned aren't worthy of the position chosen but it won't be by Columbus.

Its cool to hear from a jackets fan i would have thought taking defence would be there goal, Going off of my draft who would you like too see the jackets take with there 3 picks? Domi, Mantha, Lazar? LMK.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
That's funny cause that was one I really looked hard at I personally really like Zykov I just felt that Hartman is exactly what the Habs need for future playoff races, both guys are studs

I agree that Hartman would fill a need for size and grit that most habs fans seem obsessed with but I feel zykov and his natural goal scoring ability is something we desperately need a potential first line sniper

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
dont like this at all, AVS need a sniper, they will select Drouin if givin the opportunity.

As a jackets fan why would we draft more D Prospects when we have guys like Murray, Golobef, Erixon and Savard. This franchise needs offensive sparks, I am hoping the Jackets can land Lazar

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
With all the top tier centers gone, I'd love it if the Oilers grabbed Zadorov.
Also since Drouin is now a winger no way the Avs pass on him. They have enough centers, they need wingers or dmen.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
dont like this at all, AVS need a sniper, they will select Drouin if givin the opportunity.

As a jackets fan why would we draft more D Prospects when we have guys like Murray, Golobef, Erixon and Savard. This franchise needs offensive sparks, I am hoping the Jackets can land Lazar

I am a huge Monahan fan and believe is a better prospect than Drouin he played on a very weak team.

I just picture him and Landeskog terrorizing one day plus those are 2 great leaders

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
On the suggestion of the Blue Jackets faithful I have switched things up a bit with Lazar now going to CBJ and Pulock being the BPA now going to the NYI. Thanks for the feedback

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
On the suggestion of the Blue Jackets faithful I have switched things up a bit with Lazar now going to CBJ and Pulock being the BPA now going to the NYI. Thanks for the feedback

You should switch the habs pick too I get the grit and heart aspect but we have an abundance of that we need goal scoring in a prospect zykov fits that role... Hartman isn't enough to fill the grit quota that is needed to make a difference

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I am a huge Monahan fan and believe is a better prospect than Drouin he played on a very weak team.

I just picture him and Landeskog terrorizing one day plus those are 2 great leaders

But they already have their center situation locked up with two of O'Reilly, Stastny, and Duchene. They need a sniper to play with Duchene.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I would take, and would love for Chicago to take Zykov. I don't know that they'd take a Russian in the 1st round though, despite playing in N.A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad