2013 NHL Draft Thread II (6/30, 3PM EDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
I'd do that all day. What I think its going to come down to are those few teams in the top 10 that really need D. If just two teams select a Dman in the top 8 that means someone like Shinkaruk could potentially slip through the cracks. Really I think the only way ill be super disappointed is if we end up selecting a Dman with our first pick(unless we DO end up trading Murray for MacK then why not). We desperately need to stock up our winger pool though. Depending on how the pieces fall you might see them trade for somebody maybe like Silvferberg or Zibanjedad. And established NHL ready prospect or first or second year player who still has lots of room to grow, with the proper moulding. Yes you pay more, but your cutting down the time your investment/player is ready.

Yes please.

Anyone got an idea what that might cost? A first plus what?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
ok SL...how about this...what about doing both?

Murray for MacK

and then 14+ for 8 and taking Nurse?

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Murray for MacK

SL worships Murray and he just said he's not big on Nurse. I can't see him being happy to read your proposal.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
SL worships Murray and he just said he's not big on Nurse. I can't see him being happy to read your proposal.

I don't imagine he'll be all that thrilled by your characterization of an opinion he's formed by actually viewing Murray play numerous times as "worship," either.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
the cbjprospects guy and i were sitting around discussing things and he's pretty high on Nurse...so thus I posted it...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We desperately need to stock up our winger pool though. Depending on how the pieces fall you might see them trade for somebody maybe like Silvferberg or Zibanjedad. And established NHL ready prospect or first or second year player who still has lots of room to grow, with the proper moulding. Yes you pay more, but your cutting down the time your investment/player is ready.

I can't see us needing Silfverberg or Zibanejad more than the Sens do. And we have young wingers already on our stacked roster, so is development time really an issue?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't imagine he'll be all that thrilled by your characterization of an opinion he's formed by actually viewing Murray play numerous times as "worship," either.

Yeah, there's multiple ways to take that. I just mean "worship" as an extreme liking, not as a perjorative implying irrationality or belief in the supernatural.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Murray for MacK

Would never happen, nor would I see reason to attempt it. We could stand pat and still have a guy like Shinkaruk fall to us, who could end up being as productive as MacKinnon in the NHL - there are just more question marks with Shinkaruk. May as well keep the better defenseman (Murray) and retain more assets.

Worship is a very strong word. More like having a level of respect for a guy who has captained his team for three years, and is the best prospect this team has had on defense since a guy named Klesla.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
I don't want to trade Murray, you can't have enough blue chippers on our roster. A goalies best friend is a defenseman he can count on. What I would like to see is trade a guy like Nikitin and our first to get Hunter. We need wingers.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Curious question from an incoming Oilers fan!

Everyone in Edmonton has a big crush on Curtis Lazar, but we recognize that our 7th overall could be put to better use. What would a realistic package be for your 14th overall?

Would thinking with Ales Hemsky be in the right direction, or am I off the pulse with what you guys are looking for to next season?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I can't see us needing Silfverberg or Zibanejad more than the Sens do. And we have young wingers already on our stacked roster, so is development time really an issue?

We have 2 young wingers. Somebody will need to fill umbergers hole, somebody will need to fill prospals hole, There may not be a hole this year but its better to be ready. We made not need them more, but that doesnt mean we dont need them. We have a lack of wingers actually. The price to get them would probably be more than we would be willing to pay, but that would give us a REALLY solid top 6 for a long time(depending on who we give up)

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland

Everyone in Edmonton has a big crush on Curtis Lazar, but we recognize that our 7th overall could be put to better use. What would a realistic package be for your 14th overall?

Would thinking with Ales Hemsky be in the right direction, or am I off the pulse with what you guys are looking for to next season?

Trade down to 14th? :naughty:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I can only see Jarmo trading you the 14th if it's part of a package to move up. I don't see him moving the best of our three first-rounders and ending up with only lower and fewer picks. So...

Depending on where our LA and NYR picks end up, if you thought you could get Lazar at on of those, I could see Jarmo entertaining an offer. Personally, I'm not interested in Hemsky, but whatevs.

Or, I could see asking you what Jarmo would have to add to the 14th to swap with your 7th.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Only way the 14th moves for a roster player is as part of a package for one of the big 4.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Haven't read the other posts yet but **WARNING** it may get ugly with the mention of Hemsky. There has been multiple years of discussion with EDM and CBJ around Hemsky. Typically it comes across as EDM saying "you need him he's awesome" and CBJ saying "Hemsky is an injury waiting to happen and we aren't interested". :D

As for the thought you proposed... No thank you. CBJ isn't likely to trade their 1st unless it's to move up in the draft or a young, longer term piece (think of a deal where EDM would consider moving one of the big 4 forwards to the CBJ and the #14 being a part of the package)

Now I'm going to start rumors of Eberle and PRV for #14 and Tyutin. ;)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone have thoughts on Neidereiter (spelling?) from the Isles? He played well in the AHL this year and appears to be a big kid with top 6 potential. He looks to be NHL ready and would potentially fit the mold of what we may be looking for....

Just a thought.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Anyone have thoughts on Neidereiter (spelling?) from the Isles? He played well in the AHL this year and appears to be a big kid with top 6 potential. He looks to be NHL ready and would potentially fit the mold of what we may be looking for....

Just a thought.

Well Isles and Jackets are div. rivals from now on.

IMO Isles shouldn't trade Nino now as his value isn't very high. The kid does have ton of talent. Really good against Sweden. I'd like to have him though, big PF with a mean streak.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hey all, an outside voice coming in here.

I've been checking out a lot of teams' draft threads and some things I've noticed you might be interested in:

1) Carolina fans are saying they won't take Nichushkin and that the front office is sold on Monahan. He'll be the pick they say.
2) Calgary fans say they will take whichever of Monahan/Lindholm Carolina doesn't take.
3) EDM wants Monahan because they feel like they need a big #2 NHL ready center. While every team below them thinks they should take a D, EDM fans say that no D is NHL ready nor will be for a couple years. A big, defensive center would be ready.
4) If the draft goes like that, Buffalo will probably take Nurse or Nichushkin
5) NJ wants a F bad, because like you their prospect pool has a lot of D.

Basically every fan pool between 6 and where you are, are hoping that the teams above them all pass on Fs to take D and are concocting scenarios where a guy like Linholdm or Monahan drops to 8, or 9 or 10, etc.

Also, every team below 5 and where you are thinks they can move up to 4-7 by offering either a package of lower picks or players.

So basically, it seems like everyone wants to buy high picks, but nobody is selling. And everyone wants the forwards to fall, but all say that x and y forwards won't get past their team.

I think the bluejackets will have some good F to choose from at 14: Wennberg, Zykov, Domi, Gauthier, Mantha. But I wouldn't expect any guys like Monahan, Lindholm or even Shinkaruk to be there. The wild card of course is Nichshukin. Does he fall as far as you? I don't think so but it's a possibility.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
I haven't gotten too wrapped up in the draft yet. I did watch some videos last night. I would take Zykov with our pick. My position will probably change a few times but for now it is Valentin. Fast, skilled and defensively sound winger.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Just a thought.

I definitely want Neiderreiter, and I'd do a late first for him.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Well, the Kings and rangers are both down 2-0 in their series now. If that continues to play out, looks like all 3 of our picks would be relatively close. That would sit all 3 picks between 14-22.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
Hopefully that all comes to fruition. The higher the picks the better chance that we can get a combo of the guys that I want. Wennberg, Zykov, Domi, Mantha, Hartman, Gauthier, Lazar.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Beautiful. I want 3 forwards with high offensive upside.

Well, it sort of looks like there may be at least 2 upsets in the 1st round if I were to guess. If that happens, the picks would actually then be between 14-20. The NYR pick would be mid way in between if I were to guess.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well, it sort of looks like there may be at least 2 upsets in the 1st round if I were to guess. If that happens, the picks would actually then be between 14-20. The NYR pick would be mid way in between if I were to guess.

This still confuses me but I think unless teams below the Rangers and Kings somehow advance to the final 4 we're stuck at 14,19 &22. Am I right that the results of the first round don't really matter to us other than it would prevent Rangers & Kings from making the final 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad