OT: 2013 NFL and Fantasy Football Thread

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Need some advice on a trade in one of my leagues.

PPR league with .5 points per reception. My team is currently 2-4 so I'm looking for a shake up. We start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX 1K 1DST.

My current roster is:

QB: Newton, Tannehill
RB: Richardson, Sproles, McGahee, Pierre Thomas, Vereen
WR: Megatron, Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Alshon Jeffery, Brian Hartline
TE: Julius Thomas
DST: Texans (dropping this week)
K: Prater

The trade I'm considering is Megatron, Hartline, and Thomas for Stevan Ridley, Pierre Garcon, and Roddy White.

I know White is hurt, but with the Falcons bye week coming up it might be a good time to "buy low" on him? It's a risk, but if he gets back to Roddy White levels I figure he's not that far off Megatron. Ridley also had a pretty monster week and with the Pats RB depth beyond him a mess, they don't really have other options right now until Vereen gets back. Garcon is a solid play week to week.

My biggest concern is who I'd start. I'd want to play all of Richardson, Sproles, and Ridley virtually every week which would leave me to have to pick two of Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Pierre Garcon, and Alshon Jeffery most weeks.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

PPR league with .5 points per reception. My team is currently 2-4 so I'm looking for a shake up. We start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX 1K 1DST.

My current roster is:

The trade I'm considering is Megatron, Hartline, and Thomas for Stevan Ridley, Pierre Garcon, and Roddy White.

I know White is hurt, but with the Falcons bye week coming up it might be a good time to "buy low" on him? It's a risk, but if he gets back to Roddy White levels I figure he's not that far off Megatron. Ridley also had a pretty monster week and with the Pats RB depth beyond him a mess, they don't really have other options right now until Vereen gets back. Garcon is a solid play week to week.

My biggest concern is who I'd start. I'd want to play all of Richardson, Sproles, and Ridley virtually every week which would leave me to have to pick two of Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Roddy White, Pierre Garcon, and Alshon Jeffery most weeks.

Wouldn't touch that trade if i were you. Yeah megatron has started off slow.. but hes going to pick it up and start putting up huge numbers imo. Also with White.. When he does come back most defense's can now put their number 1 corner on him and constantly have help against him now that Julio is done for the season. Also, dont trade for Garcon, dude always gets injured, he rarely finishes a game without limping or some ****. But yeah, wouldn't touch that trade. Not to mention Thomas is a beast.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I've had white all season and he's been a massive disappointment. He's playing injured and I don't think he's going to get that much better after a bye week.

On a side note, I hate pools with 1 QB because it's almost a crazy adv for the guys with the first 3 or 4 picks. Extra QB slot helps balance it a bit

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

My current roster is:

White is out for at least 1 more week. Right now, I would not touch him with a 10 inch pole. He had done nothing for me in one of my leagues, and he is pretty much a write-off at this point.

Keep what you have, because they are better players, and try to find RB help on the waiver wire. You never know who will break out with RBs.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Thoughts on what to do with Doug Martin? Another GM seems keen on him and has unofficially offered up my Martin, Jason Witten and Justin Blackmon for AP and Finley.

Current roster looks like

QB - Ryan, Wilson
RB - Lynch, Martin
WR - Welker, Green, V. Jackson, T. Smith, J. Blackmon, J. Jones, R. White
TE - J. Cameron, J. Witten
K - Gostkowski
DST - Seattle

Stacked up on WR through the wire and looking to use Blackmon's big games to upgrade on Martin. The Matty Ice hater in me thinks I should use the WR depth to upgrade at QB instead though.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I got another offer I think I'm gonna run with. Megatron and Pierre Thomas for Arian Foster and Colston.

Foster is looking like his usual self lately, and with the Texans QBs a mess, he could be in for a big workload.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Gonna ****ing lose because I kept Mathews on the bench and because the colts are too ****ing ***** to get a first down. So ****ing choked

Edit : Lost by 1 lol hilarious

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Barring any adjustments...
One of my team eked out a victory...
By a whopping 0.14 points.
:phew:

Got lucky too...
Because my opponent had Cutler.
Not a good day for many QBs this week.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Gonna ****ing lose because I kept Mathews on the bench and because the colts are too ****ing ***** to get a first down. So ****ing choked

Edit : Lost by 1 lol hilarious
ugh... lost :(
Vick didnt play but then again Schaub didnt play for you

GG....

and I need AP to actually show up tonight to beat Ubi

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Need a QB for a matchup in 2 weeks with Bradford out.
Choices are between Geno Smith (ugh)...
Locker...
Tannerhill...
Roethlisberger...
And maybe Schaub or Manuel.
Which one would be best in 2 weeks?

Last edited:

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Start Nick Foles they said. Vulnerable Cowboys secondary they said.

Brb, possibly having to pick up Geno Smith next week if Vick can't go. FML.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Wow...
Lucky week.
First one team won by 0.14 point...
And now my second team won by 0.42 point.

That means all 4 of my team won...
Which makes it 2 weeks in a row now.
Still...
2 of them are still below .500.
Hopefully all 4 can somehow make the playoffs.

Last edited:

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I dont think there's a guy with worse luck than me.

i could have been up by 20 going into monday and if UBI had AP, he'd have put up 22.

Screwed again LOL

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
I desperately need a QB in the keeper league with Bradford hurt. If you have one to spare, please send me an offer.

Also, while I was trolling for offers I noticed there are at least 3-4 people that don't have their lineups set. Most of these people have records of, at best, 3-4. That's really lame to start losing and then just give up on your lineups. Hopefully said people don't leave it like that through the weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad