OT: 2013 NFL and Fantasy Football Thread

King of the ES*

I've got Foster, Lynch, and Martin as my RBs, and some quality backups, too.

Anyone interested? Probably looking to unload 1 or 2 to gain strength elsewhere. WR would make sense. Get your offers in!

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
3-0 in the non keeper.

1-2 in the Keeper. :(

we're matched up against each other in both leagues this week

159.gif

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
just got offered Stevan Ridley and Dwayne Bowe for Julius Thomas and Vincent Jackson.

Thomas is a bit surplus to my team as I already have Jason Witten in my TE slot. I would rather have Ridley and have depth at RB to play in the flex rather than playing both Thomas and Witten as I've been doing.

Jackson is a better receiver than Bowe but has had a really slow start to the year and with the QB troubles in Tampa, and the way KC is playing Bowe seems like he'll be a more consistant addition.

Thoughts?

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
After how I finished last year winning both leagues, this is getting a little ridiculous. I am definitely not this good at fantasy football. It's only my fourth year. How the hell is this happening again?

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
just got offered Stevan Ridley and Dwayne Bowe for Julius Thomas and Vincent Jackson.

Thomas is a bit surplus to my team as I already have Jason Witten in my TE slot. I would rather have Ridley and have depth at RB to play in the flex rather than playing both Thomas and Witten as I've been doing.

Jackson is a better receiver than Bowe but has had a really slow start to the year and with the QB troubles in Tampa, and the way KC is playing Bowe seems like he'll be a more consistant addition.

Thoughts?

I guess it depends on who your other WR's and RB's are, but I would probably advise against making this deal.

I think Vincent Jackson is a much better option at WR than Bowe, particularly once the Bucs inevitably figure out their problems on offence. I think there is still too much talent there, at some point Tampa will turn it around. I made the mistake of picking Bowe a couple years ago, trust me, save yourself the headache. It's probably even worse now dealing with the frustrations of an Andy Reid offence.

So I guess it depends on how much you value Ridley? I bet on the Pats to win the AFC before the season, so I've watched all of their games pretty closely this season. I don't really see a ton of value in Ridley. You have so many options in that NE backfield with Bolden, Blount, and Shane Vereen (back in week 10). Plus, Ridley is always one fumble away from being benched by Belichik.

I suppose the flip side is that with Vince Wilfork tearing his ACL, maybe the Pats lean on their running game a little more over the next few weeks.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
After how I finished last year winning both leagues, this is getting a little ridiculous. I am definitely not this good at fantasy football. It's only my fourth year. How the hell is this happening again?

You beat me by two points this week in the non-keeper, just shows how fickle fantasy football can be.

I suppose I should count my blessings though, I won 108.46 to 108.14 in my NFL.com prize league. I almost feel guilty when it's THAT close.

Not really though :laugh:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
In my NFL.com prize league I just traded MJD straight up for Antonio Brown.

The Jags are horrible, I just don't see MJD being able to put up even half way decent numbers in that offence. Plus Antonio Brown is currently a top ten WR.

What do you guys think? Did I give up too soon on MJD?

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
Lol love that gif.

Go this past week. You won both on Monday night.

Can't believe how I end up playing against a team that has one guy (your case, gore) vastly over achiever week after week.

basically i am doing well in both leagues right now because jimmy graham suddenly became the biggest non-qb beast in fantasy football

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks the Seahawks are massively overrated? Their defense is atrocious, and Russell Wilson doesn't seem capable of throwing many long balls. Good win by the Colts though, I got crap for picking Luck in my pool, and the recent Seahawks bandwagoners around the area are really bloody annoying.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
For the record, I dressed RGIII for Gabbert in the mobile app this morning. I'm not sure why it didn't save, but it might cost me the week : \.

Betamax*

I guess there are two concurrent NFL threads. Anyway, since this one been bumped up ... I'll just post here.

Nice last minute comeback by the Pats. Brady got his second chance and capitalized on it when the Saints got the ball was just over two minutes to go and couldn't run out the clock.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks the Seahawks are massively overrated? Their defense is atrocious, and Russell Wilson doesn't seem capable of throwing many long balls. Good win by the Colts though, I got crap for picking Luck in my pool, and the recent Seahawks bandwagoners around the area are really bloody annoying.

The Seattle defense is one of the best in the league...
And when Wilson struggles...
The D keeps the Hawks in the game.
I have to say though...
Kansas' D is probably better right now.

Wilson throws one of the best deep passes in the game.
Right now...
The offensive line is banged up...
And as a result...
He has no time to throw.
He is forced to improvise a lot right now...
But his stats will only rise when his O-line is back in order.
If you watch him play...
He is clearly one of the better quarterbacks in the game.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I guess there are two concurrent NFL threads. Anyway, since this one been bumped up ... I'll just post here.

Nice last minute comeback by the Pats. Brady got his second chance and capitalized on it when the Saints got the ball was just over two minutes to go and couldn't run out the clock.

Brady is Brady.
I am very impressed by what he is able to do...
With absolutely no help.
The Pats needs to get him so WR help.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
sometimes the decisions i make as a fantasy football team manager are so idiotic in hindsight that they make me re-evaluate my ability to accomplish anything significant in my real life

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Won every one of my football league this week.
2 teams still under 500 though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad