2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

Nothing will happen but Imagine Lou Offer Sheets Jamie Benn . Wow, would that fix our forward troubles

We probably are inelgible from certain offer sheets since we have to forfeit 1st rounder.

I'm pretty sure that's how we got Scott Stevens.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Devils (and Islanders) qualify for revenue sharing now, up to 50% of a full share.

Last CBA neither team qualified for it because they were in the NY market.

should help finances a bit.

Also, now when Rangers fans brag about "selling out" MSG, we can thank them for their contributions to the Devils. :laugh:

I doubt we'll be getting much. Devils are generally on the higher half of the league when it comes to revenues.

Darche has been the target of my twitter over the lockout. Funny how this worked out.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I'd rather have Patty off the top line. Kovy and Zajac will carry a line no matter who is with them, but I think Henrique compliments their style. Elias can carry a line of Zubrus and Butler, something I don't think Henrique can do yet. Keeping Elias on the 2nd line stretches depth to a forward group that isn't very deep. Very important.

Didn't he have character issues in Nashville during the postseason with Radulov?

Yea I wouldn't mind Henrique at the wing, just don't think they will move him there and rather keep him at center. But I really like that top line idea.

As for AK, I believe so. Just assumed someone would take a flier on him. Say for 1yr at 2.5.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
Eh, I don't like the way they keep asking Elias about Kovalchuk in this video. You can tell that they sort of egg him on a bit, which is stupid. Why not ask him his opinion the once and keep going? But, the point is moot and the season is soon and these videos have me so excited. I forgot how much I just missed their faces.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
troll-troll-face-l.png

GM17*

:laugh: That's got to be the equipment staff ****ing with Marty.

Did Stefan grow up in Quebec? If so, his English might be rough? Or it's just someone who CAN speak french to him so it'll make him more comfortable. That's the probable reasoning.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Did Stefan grow up in Quebec? If so, his English might be rough? Or it's just someone who CAN speak french to him so it'll make him more comfortable. That's the probable reasoning.

His English is fine, we drafted him from the USNTDP. He also gave interviews after he was drafted.

I really do think someone is messing with Marty.

GM17*

His English is fine, we drafted him from the USNTDP. He also gave interviews after he was drafted.

I really do think someone is messing with Marty.

He grew up in Montreal + speaks fluent French. I think it's a comfort thing regardless of how well he speaks English.

Why not sit him next to the a) veteran, b) Montreal local, c) bilingual, d) goalie who was scored on by his father.

Could've sat him next to Bernier, I suppose, but who's he as a mentor compared to Marty?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Or they could have put him next to Zubrus, who actually is already friends with him and is also a similar type of player.

GM17*

Yeah, they just want Marty to tell him jokes about his father. haha

Well, they are similar players if you think about it... just saying.

Bernier is not mentor material. A skill player who had to adapt to a grinder position because he lacks gamesense and got lazy during his development years woooo

Zubrus would make perfect sense too. Who's on the other side of him? lol

Whoever it was, if they really wanted to mess with Marty, should've sat Matteau to his left. Attention to detail and all.

hahaha n1

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hearing all these reports of fans flocking to teams' practices around the league just get me shaking my head at the Devils continually missing the boat on trying to create/sustain buzz. I seriously wonder if we're the only team to have closed practices?

Not to mention the Devils haven't communicated word one to season tickets holders today, or about ticket sales in general. I know this is Lou being Lou but come on now.

GM17*

Hearing all these reports of fans flocking to teams' practices around the league just get me shaking my head at the Devils continually missing the boat on trying to create/sustain buzz. I seriously wonder if we're the only team to have closed practices?

Doesn't really bother me, I just don't understand it since it all ends up online eventually anyways. Bit archaic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad