2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Apparently they will be raising it at the home opener and if that does hold true, I am not a fan of that

There should be no raising prior to a home opener of any banner unless it is a cup banner, the ECF banner should like they do the division banners and have always done the ECF banners, just be hanging prior to doors opening to the public and during pre-game lineup announcements, shine a light on it, congratulate the team and thats it

I don't expect them to make a big deal about it. I don't remember what they did in 2001, but I don't expect it was anything special.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd personally like to watch them raise the banner since I've never seen that in person. That said I understand the thought that raising and making a production out of anything other than the Cup banner could be below this organization.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Eh, it's so difficult to win a championship and you never know if it will be your last (I'm sure in the 80's and early 90's it would have been "beneath" the Islanders, but you can bet they'd be raising one now).. The Flyers did it in 2010 and they have more ECC banner than we do.. It was a pretty magical run and I'm happy to see it honored with a brief banner raising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad