2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think if we can get him off the line with Barch he can do something. He's had plenty of chances shorthanded. Even one on Lundqvist the other night.

I know Pete doesn't feel this way, because the last 7 games of last season he did this. I wish we could scratch Barch when we play these teams like the Bolts, Habs, Sens, Canes, Caps, etc. I know Pete doesn't feel the need to play them every game, because when Zajac came back last year both Boulton, and Janssen were sitting late in the regular season. They didn't come in until someone was sitting out a game.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Kind of a random question but how come the Devils don't put Daneyko "between the glass" during home games like Pierre Mcguire does for NBC? I think the Rangers have a guy there and he got hit in the face last night haha

Was mentioned on the devils rangers telecast that Lou does not allow broadcasters between the glass on any local broadcast he also strongly requested they not b allowed on national broadcasts but the NHL said no to that request. That's why you'll see Pierre there but no one else

Oroku Saki*

I found out that Torts and DeBoer were calling each other *****cats.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Eh, it proved Tedenby can't play d. At least JJ is for the most part.

For the most part? He's already a very good defensive forward. I love his work on the PK.

kd1f.gif

Nice. I'm sure we'll be using this gif a lot. :laugh:

...and finally looked re-energized and happy.

hL93IXY.png

This troll grin reminds me of the one he had in Edmonton. You know the one I'm talking about.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
If Josefson ends up being a good number 3 center, that's fine by me. I get the feeling Henrique is going to be our #1 guy up the middle if they keep him there. He's got a knack for scoring big goals already and is solid in the defensive zone.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Where did you hear such a thing?
fios only had the ranger broadcast in HD so I watched their broadcast. Rosen said that was the reason John giannoe was not between the benches. Ironically he got hit in the face by a puck last night in between the benches

Last edited:

Oroku Saki*

fios only had the ranger broadcast in HD so I watched their broadcast. Rosen said that was the reason John giannoe was not between the benched. Ironically he got hit in the face by a puck last night in between the benches

Just saw that. He was bleeding pretty badly too.

Oroku Saki*

Haha what? When was this? Game 4 of the ECF?

Yeah, when they were going at each other. Other stuff was said but it was mostly that. I decoded it from Pierre and also heard from someone near the benches.

"I muted my mic but it was about where both of them came from". A vagina.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Where did you hear such a thing?
fios only had the ranger broadcast in HD so I watched their broadcast. Rosen said that was the reason John giannoe was not between the benched. Ironically he got hit in the face by a puck last night in between the benchs

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, when they were going at each other. Other stuff was said but it was mostly that. I decoded it from Pierre and also heard from someone near the benches.

"I muted my mic but it was about where both of them came from". A vagina.

Doc said ''Which would be Canada, and the United States!'':laugh:

What's the overall consensus on Larsson's play so far?
He will not be seeing the luxury box again this season.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

He had a few shaky moments in his first games in the lineup, but he has been very solid for the last three. Definitely showing improvement over his form from the end of last season. No reason to bench him now, especially because he has looked great with Greene.

Devils Insiders

Oct 24, 2009
Snowed in? Cozy up with some New Jersey Devils reading! Stefan Matteau is now likely to stay with the Devils for the whole 2013 season. Jeff O'Connor thinks it's the best decision for all parties involved. What do you think?

http://wp.me/p347yn-kK

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Was mentioned on the devils rangers telecast that Lou does not allow broadcasters between the glass on any local broadcast he also strongly requested they not b allowed on national broadcasts but the NHL said no to that request. That's why you'll see Pierre there but no one else

why? lou doesn't want the public to know what the coach is saying or something?

DevilChuk*

I think he's been our best defenseman the past two games.

Some will say Greene as been better.. to which I kindly point out that Greene has been playing magnificently since playing with none other than Adam Larsson.

That pairing looks amazing.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Again, not drawing direct comparisons, but Larsson-Greene reminds me of Lidstrom-Stuart pairing a lot.

Larsson is less offensively gifted and Greene less physical, but yeah.

Also, watching Henrique on both sides of the puck was amazing.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey

Some will say Greene as been better.. to which I kindly point out that Greene has been playing magnificently since playing with none other than Adam Larsson.

For what its worth though, Greene's play on the power play has nothing to do with Larsson, so you can't give the pairing the credit for all improvement in Greene's play. He has played well on that unit, including the goal he scored yesterday.

DevilChuk*

For what its worth though, Greene's play on the power play has nothing to do with Larsson, so you can't give the pairing the credit for all improvement in Greene's play. He has played well on that unit, including the goal he scored yesterday.

I think Greene has been amazing as well.. but Larsson has made a handful of plays between the Ranger and Lightning game that have been absolutely stunning.

Either way, that pairing looks special.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I think Greene has been amazing as well.. but Larsson has made a handful of plays between the Ranger and Lightning game that have been absolutely stunning.

Either way, that pairing looks special.

Definitely. Greene has been solid all year. And I'm as big of a Larsson supporter as anyone. Maybe Greene has been better since the two were paired together. Just had to play devils advocate a bit and say that you can't put all of Greene's success as being a result of the pairing.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Yes, and I don't think it's a coincidence. They play very complementary styles, they are both very mobile, they are both good positionally, and they both have good passing vision. So their breakouts are smooth, and they defend well against the rush. Maybe an opposing team could wear them down on the cycle, but even there they do pretty well. Just a solid, solid pairing.

Well, we have used Greene on the PP before when Lemaire was coach, and he scored 37 points that year. He's clearly capable of it, they just didn't want to use him that way again until this year. He can thank Matt Shaw for the bump in his production. Of course, he is executing too, but the coach having confidence to use him in that role is the first step.

kiwidevil

Larsson has looked good but he does need to get rid of the goal against giveaway still. Pretty sure he had the really bad giveaway that lead to the Lecavalier chance late in the game that would have cut the lead to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad