2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Boychuk on waivers from CAR

interesting.

I have no clue if he's any good but it wouldn't hurt if he picked him up off waivers to bolster our mediocre depth up front. At the age of 22, he might be a late bloomer, who knows.

Is he another Tedenby, meaning a small forward who just won't cut in the big league?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Janssen has a 2-way contract so they could have just sent him down, but knowing Lou he's probably giving him a shot to get picked up somewhere else in the NHL before sending him down

....or pulling off a LeBlond or Janssen 1.0 trade :D

Oroku Saki*

Lou just loves Cam and let him collect an NHL paycheck before sending him down.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
Janssen has a 2-way contract so they could have just sent him down, but knowing Lou he's probably giving him a shot to get picked up somewhere else in the NHL before sending him down

....or pulling off a LeBlond or Janssen 1.0 trade :D

Not true...all a two-way means is that one gets paid a lot less money in the AHL. Waivers is based off of age. Players over 21 are subject to waivers I believe, to make sure deep teams cannot hoard players in the minors.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Not true...all a two-way means is that one gets paid a lot less money in the AHL. Waivers is based off of age. Players over 21 are subject to waivers I believe, to make sure deep teams cannot hoard players in the minors.

I thought players on 2-way contracts didn't have to clear waivers to be sent down, which is why Lou waived him and is giving him an opportunity to get picked up by another NHL club

DevilChuk*

I thought players on 2-way contracts didn't have to clear waivers to be sent down, which is why Lou waived him and is giving him an opportunity to get picked up by another NHL club

Nope, all 2 way contract means is a difference in salary.

Any players over a certain number of NHL games have to clear waivers.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Anyone else think it's weird that the Devils twitter now talks using "we"

New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils
We placed Cam Janssen on waivers.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Exceptionally. It's like there's some kind of AI running it all.

Lou? Is that you?

Haha i've noticed a change in it the past few days, seems like some intern is running it or something. I don't know why but it just seems weird

We killed off the #Zubrus penalty. 6:13 to go in the third and we lead 1-0 over Boston.

We couldn't complete the comeback falling in OT. We did earn 1 point. #EveryPointCounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad