Line Combos: 2013 Minnesota Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

So what are the chances they call one of Coyle or Zucker up for opening night? I'd prefer to have Zucker over Coyle tbh. Zucker deserves it for his awesome play so far and frankly he and Granlund have soom pretty good chemistry going on. If they bring Zucker up I'm thinking:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Granlund - Seto

If they bring Coyle up instead:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Seto - Granlund - Coyle

Seto has played both wings so I would imagine he gets the LW spot rather than move Coyle there. Not sure if Coyle has ever played LW, although I know he's played some center.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
So what are the chances they call one of Coyle or Zucker up for opening night? I'd prefer to have Zucker over Coyle tbh. Zucker deserves it for his awesome play so far and frankly he and Granlund have soom pretty good chemistry going on. If they bring Zucker up I'm thinking:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Granlund - Seto

If they bring Coyle up instead:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Seto - Granlund - Coyle

Seto has played both wings so I would imagine he gets the LW spot rather than move Coyle there. Not sure if Coyle has ever played LW, although I know he's played some center.

At this point, I don't think Zucker coming up would have anything to do with Granlund since Zucker has played well with everyone.

Second, not sure I like having two rookies on the second line.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Well this is where NHL13 comes in handy because I've had four months to stare at them. ;)

I got:
Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Bouchard*/Zucker-Granlund-Setoguchi/Coyle
Cullen-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Powe-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella*/Stoner-Gilbert
Falk-Prosser

*Being huge question marks. I don't even care about Bouchard, but I do care about Scandella's injury. I am hoping he comes back quickly because we do badly need him, and help still on defense barring a trade I could see happening.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
To be honest, I doubt both guys will play in Houston.

I just can't see them being in the press box and eating popcorn every night..

Well figuring by numbers..one of them FOR SURE is in Houston..possibly both.

Look at it this way per Russo

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Cullen-Granlund-Setoguchi
Bouchard**-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Powe-Konopka-Mitchell/#Kassian

**You have to figure Bouchard is out. So Coyle or Zucker there.(can't have 2 rookies on one line. That won't happen so whichever one slots in on the 3rd or has to move to the top line, in which case it all gets mixed up.)
#he might be the odd man out with Konopka's fighting ability. Theres no room for him.
So unless Dowell or Veilleux can beat out Powe, or Kassian?? one will certainly be down and maybe both. Theres nowhere for them to go but the press box and Houston. No way do we see Mitchell/Powe scratched for Veilleux. Won't happen. Kass would have to go for Veilleux or Dowell to make the team

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I expect Kassian to play about 25-30 games this season so maybe we can see a certain rotation.

Who knows, we will find out soon enough.

I would think they keep him around but with Konopka signing we don't necessarily have to keep him around. Im just saying its unlikely we see Dowell or Veilleux to start the season. Both are on 2 ways and both are longshots to make this team..

Just my opinion however and yes we will see soon!

The d-side is where this will get hairy..that could go in any direction. Does Dumba get a 9 game stint? Do we let Falk/Prosser run with it?? We will see

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Well figuring by numbers..one of them FOR SURE is in Houston..possibly both.

Look at it this way per Russo

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Cullen-Granlund-Setoguchi
Bouchard**-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Powe-Konopka-Mitchell/#Kassian

**You have to figure Bouchard is out. So Coyle or Zucker there.(can't have 2 rookies on one line. That won't happen so whichever one slots in on the 3rd or has to move to the top line, in which case it all gets mixed up.)
#he might be the odd man out with Konopka's fighting ability. Theres no room for him.
So unless Dowell or Veilleux can beat out Powe, or Kassian?? one will certainly be down and maybe both. Theres nowhere for them to go but the press box and Houston. No way do we see Mitchell/Powe scratched for Veilleux. Won't happen. Kass would have to go for Veilleux or Dowell to make the team

I tend to think both Coyle and Zucker will remain in the AHL. They will roll with Mitchell on the third line where he played in San Jose and Dowell or Veiluex on the fourth switching spots with lass depending on the game.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I tend to think both Coyle and Zucker will remain in the AHL. They will roll with Mitchell on the third line where he played in San Jose and Dowell or Veiluex on the fourth switching spots with lass depending on the game.

Definetely a possiblity..they won't rotate 3 guys for one spot though..both Dowell and Veilleux don't make the team. Period.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
One thing is for certain, these next 5 or so years are the most important that the franchise has had, or will have for quite a while.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Suter - Spurgeon (safe bet IMO)
Scandella (when healthy)/Falk (for now) - Gilbert
Stoner - Prosser (as 7th defenseman)

I'd tend to agree with this assessment.

Too bad Brodin got hurt..the way he was playing if only he stayed healthy..got his 25 games he would probably be on the Wild come January 19th

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
when the wild resign palmeiri he will be asking for a one-way. we will move up Mitchell to third line like it was stated after the signing, and rotate powe/kenopka/kassian as last spot/13th foward.

Parise Koivu Heatley
Cullen Granlund Seto
Mitchell Brodziak Clutter
Powe Kenopka Palmeiri
Kassian

Suter Spurgeron
Stoner Gilbert
Falk Prosser

backs
hards

will be opening lineup.

Status