Line Combos: 2013 Minnesota Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Zucker and Granlund have been magic on the ice whenever they are paired. Doesn't hurt that he's been performing all season long down in Houston

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
From Russo's blog:

Also, Marco Scandella is hurt and Pierre-Marc Bouchard has yet to be cleared from a concussion. He is feeling better and is close, but he’s missed more than a year and hasn’t cleared the last major hurdle – contact. So there’s a chance he is not ready to start the year.

WiscMNwildfan

May 31, 2012
So if Scandella is out for a while does that mean we can sign Foster again?!

If the Wild get rid of a contract they could sign Foster if he is not under contract with another team. Former Wild players Barker and Skoula are also looking for employment the last I checked.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So this is our D to start the year...

Suter - Spurgeon
Falk - Gilbert
Stoner - Prosser

Not great. Although it would be interesting to see what Falk could do with expanded minutes.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
So this is our D to start the year...

Suter - Spurgeon
Falk - Gilbert
Stoner - Prosser

Not great. Although it would be interesting to see what Falk could do with expanded minutes.

I think you probably flip Falk and Stoner. Staff seems to like Stoner on the rare occasion he's actually healthy. :laugh:

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Rather have Zucker than Coyla atm.

Gut feeling is:

Without Granlund/Zucker, Coyle would struggle
Without Granlund/Coyle, Zucker would be just fine

Don't know what that means for lines/callups.

My reasoning for Coyle on the top line is due to his style of play and mature frame. His positioning, cycle game, and ability to screen/tip shots lead me to believe he would be more effective in the NHL at this point in time.

With that said, I think Zucker has easily been the best offensive forward in Houston. His speed, shot, and ability to be effective with everyone has been impressive. I could go either way - I just happen to really think Coyle's game is going to really blossom in the NHL.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
I hope Brodin is healthy for camp and can contest for a spot in the squad.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Russo seems to think Brodin still might be a month or so away. I don't think we seen Brodin in a Wild sweater for a little while and probably not this season unless the team suffers multiple injuries.

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
Looking at the possible #1 powerplay unit is making me frisky.....:sarcasm:

I think its a toss-up between Coyle and Zucker. In one of Russo's earlier blogs, a few months ago, he seemed to think Coyle was NHL ready and would be in the lineup on opening day if Bouchard was still out.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Gut feeling is:

Without Granlund/Zucker, Coyle would struggle
Without Granlund/Coyle, Zucker would be just fine

Don't know what that means for lines/callups.

Your right but Imagine Coyle with Koivu or Bouchard...he'd be just fine in our top 6. Question is is he more deserving or more ready than Zucker/Larsson right now..

My gut says he gets the spot even over Zucker..

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Dowell is on a 2 year, 1st year 2way, 2nd year 1way.

doubt we see him unless kenopka, or powe go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad