Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
All I've got at the moment is a lot of no-nos.

Granlund-Cullen / No
Granlund-Setoguchi / No
Granlund-Bouchard / No without a BIG FAST TOUGH grinder
Heatley-Cullen / No
Bouchard-Cullen / No

This is my suggestion from a last thread (modified now)

Parise-Koivu-Heater(Zucker?)
Bouchard-Brodziak-Coyle
Granlund-Konopka-Mitchell
Setoguchi-Cullen-Clutterbuck

You can swap Granlund/Bouchard whichever produces better. But I was looking for balance here. Balance is everything. Brodziak hasn't played very well, but I'd like to see Cullen far far away from top6.

Rupper.. well.. Nevermind.

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
Per Russo:

He's thinking:

Seto in over Granlund
Granlund scratched
Rupp on fourth line
Well that makes sense. Give Granlund a wake-up call by putting him on the 4th line for a game, and after he "wakes up" and has his best game of the year, scratch him. Legit laugh @ Yeo if this happens.

Granlund needs to be on 1st/2nd line wing at the moment, simple as that. Even if he sucks and falls all the time, he's still going to create a few A-class scoring chances a game, which are worthless when he's playing people who just cant finish.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
After what I saw against Phoenix...I really like the idea of:

Parise - Koivu - Coyle.

:yo:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Parise-Koivu-Coyle sounds good!

Other lines.. I don't want to see Cullen that high. He's worthless offensively at the moment. With or without the puck.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Well that makes sense. Give Granlund a wake-up call by putting him on the 4th line for a game, and after he "wakes up" and has his best game of the year, scratch him. Legit laugh @ Yeo if this happens.

Also this. If not the best, it was better. Weird.

First time I have doubts that Yeo doesn't have guts to make decisions (veteran players).

Mixed messages.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Like the decision he made with Heatley, a veteran player, by moving him down a line. Someone has to sit with Rupp coming in and based on play its going to be Brodziak, Setoguchi or Granlund. Brodziak is a capable centerman so he stays out there which leaves Seto and Granlund. I'd prefer to play Granlund but maybe giving the kid a night off will help. I happen to like the potential of Seto in a third line role.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

First time I have doubts that Yeo doesn't have guts to make decisions (veteran players).

Mixed messaging.

Yeo's #1 priority is making the team successful right here and right now (and thus saving his own ass) and Granlund's development is taking a backseat. He failed in a difficult position he was forced too early into by an organization that's failed to secure a legit 2nd line C and now he's in the doghouse. Fair? Hardly, but if things still don't click, I assume the line roulette will be spun again and maybe- just maybe he will actually get a fair chance again at some point. Yes, MiG's the one getting shafted here, but no can do right now.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Just need to give Dr. Jan Itor some credit...believe he called Coyle on the right wing with Parise and Koivu about a month ago.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeo's #1 priority is making the team successful right here and right now (and thus saving his own ass) and Granlund's development is taking a backseat. He failed in a difficult position he was forced too early into by an organization that's failed to secure a legit 2nd line C and now he's in the doghouse. Fair? Hardly, but if things still don't click, I assume the line roulette will be spun again and maybe- just maybe he will actually get a fair chance again at some point. Yes, MiG's the one getting shafted here, but no can do right now.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong to bench Granlund. But timing is weird. Granlund played better when he was demoted to 4th line. He got the message. If he did fine with Konopka, why to change anything. 3rd/4th line that's fine.

I think he should bench Heater instead. I understand that he can't bench Cullen, because they don't have enough decent centers.

But yes, I have to trust Yeo. He's the coach and he must know better. It's only a bit weird decision IMO.

E: Oh, I must've understood something wrong earlier. I thought he would bench Granlund. But looks like 3rd/4th line?
Then I'm only worried about 2nd line. Bouchard will be very much alone there.

E2 Sorry, again. It's a decision between Seto/Granlund? Ok, over and out. :D

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing

Mixed messages.

He moved Setoguchi down the lineup for not getting it done and is doing it again with Heatley.

Sure, it'd be great to bump Cullen down...but who's going to play second line center? Brodziak has been even less effective this year. Same with Granlund.

As much as I liked Konopka in the top six last game (WAS kind of cool), don't see that as a solution.

Wild had one amazing scoring line for a week or two. He didn't mess with it, which I agree with. Now he's trying to get TWO scoring lines out on the ice.

I'm sure if we see the Wild sputtering for another two weeks, we'll probably see Koivu and Parise on two separate lines.

Just need to give Dr. Jan Itor some credit...believe he called Coyle on the right wing with Parise and Koivu about a month ago.

Well done.

One of the Brodin's is right handed

win

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Agree with Cullen being to high. Now taking auditions for 2C!

dsc_0489.jpg

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong to bench Granlund. But timing is weird. Granlund played better when he was demoted to 4th line. He got the message. If he did fine with Konopka, why to change anything. 3rd/4th line that's fine.

I think he should bench Heater instead. I understand that he can't bench Cullen, because they don't have enough decent centers.

But yes, I have to trust Yeo. He's the coach and he must know better. It's only a bit weird decision IMO.

I think if we were playing someone else, Rupp would sit and Granlund would play. Let's see what Rupp looks like. A rookie getting scratched isn't so bad. If he's scratched lots of games, that's not good. Like I said elsewhere, Stamkos got put in the press box when he struggled as a rookie...it's worked out well.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Yeo still afraid of Mikko's response to him separating Koivu and Parise, the 2 players actually driving offense on this whole team..

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00