Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II

Jarick

Doing Nothing
So did Bouchard after getting back in the lineup. Then he disappeared again. Look at the body of work.

If Yeo is going down he might as well go down with all his grinders. Let him call up another fourth liner and roll three grind lines. Why not?

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Our whole team actually showed up last night, and for once Clutterbuck actually did what he was supposed to be doing all year.

But, there's no way in hell they could keep that up for many games. Our whole team also looked completely gassed in the third, and that was not one of LA's better games.

I'm not tryng to be debby downer at all, I'm quite happy that we won, but this does not change my impression of Yeo at all, or his decisions.

We get into the second round, then I'll consider it.

There's been too much of the same bs this year and even last. This team has to work themselves to death to win, and that's on this system.

Hammertime04

Apr 22, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Putting Clutter on that line made perfect sense, which is why i didnt bother to post at all yesterday about it. He has wheels to keep up with Cully and Seto, but also throws his weight around giving space for seto and cully, something that was lacking the past five games with Zucker.

Pominville could easily keep up with Cullen and Seto AND has the skill to score with a solid playmaker like cullen. Plus he is physical enough. No comparison to clutterbuck, but what Pommer adds far exceeds the need for physicality on that line. Clutterbuck wasn't a bad choice, but there was a much much better one in Pominville.

Put Clutter back on the third line and you have two very good scoring lines and one very solid checking line. Rather than 2 mediocre scoring lines at 2 and 3.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Not much sense in talking about what Pommer brings to the team, I don't think we'll see him until next year.

I wonder if Clutter at LW would spark his offense. Obviously he loves to shoot high and wide from the RW. If he likes to miss to the right, having him on the LW means he'll hit the net more. I know I score more from my off wing when I'm using an open toe curve...

At this point, hell, let's just go all-in on Yeo's grinding system. We've tried every combination of offensive players and outside of a few weeks of Parise-Koivu-Heatley and whoever-Cullen-Setoguchi, it's been pretty cold up and down the lineup. If he's going down, go down with his ship.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I wonder if Clutter at LW would spark his offense. Obviously he loves to shoot high and wide from the RW. If he likes to miss to the right, having him on the LW means he'll hit the net more. I know I score more from my off wing when I'm using an open toe curve...

That was my immediate thought when Clutterbuck scored the goal last night.

I would imagine he gets poke-checked more often on that wing due to handedness, though.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Playoffs:

Assuming Zuck stays.. & i think Poms will be able to give it a go.

Parise - Mikko - Coyle
Zucker - Cullen - Seto
PMB - Brodzi - Poms
Mitchell - ZK28 - Clutterbuck

Rupp/Veilleux*

or

Parise - Mikko - Coyle
Cal - Cullen - Seto
PMB - Brodzi - Poms
Rupp - ZK28 - Mitchell

Veilleux*

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Playoffs:

Assuming Zuck stays.. & i think Poms will be able to give it a go.

Parise - Mikko - Coyle
Zucker - Cullen - Seto
PMB - Brodzi - Poms
Mitchell - ZK28 - Clutterbuck

Rupp/Veilleux*

or

Parise - Mikko - Coyle
Cal - Cullen - Seto
PMB - Brodzi - Poms
Rupp - ZK28 - Mitchell

Veilleux*

First set looks good.