Rumor: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion VI - Iggy again get it done Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
The more I think about it, the more I think Feaster had to have known all along. I can't see how he didn't. Chia was getting used to drive up the price and Shero didn't blink.

Maybe.

But it sounds like Pitt was scraping the barrel. Are these prospects on the order of Koko?

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
To be fair Pittsburgh may have pulled their guys from their respective games too ... unfortunately NOONE KNOWS WHO THE #$%# THEY ARE.

Neither of them were playing in games because they are in college and colleges only play on Weekends.

Chiarelli got played. He deserves all the criticism he gets. Next time he makes a move like sitting out his specs/players he better get a ****ing signature.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Neither of them were playing in games because they are in college and colleges only play on Weekends.

Chiarelli got played. He deserves all the criticism he gets. Next time he makes a move like sitting out his specs/players he better get a ****ing signature.

Nope, this was ALL Iginla

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
Just adds motivation to our group of guys. I believe in our players. Chia will make some deals and we'll get the last laugh in the end. I still have a good feeling about our team.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
the way this went down, with the bruins sitting out the pieces to the deal. Guys like Mckenzie,Dreger, ward all reporting about the deal.

All that was left was for Iggy to sign his NTC. He decided pittsburgh.

I'm not sure what Chia could have done differently. I'm sure we'll know more soon

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Tweeted at Ward.

"remember when you were suckered by Scott Walker? That's how I feel now"

Wow. Its not Ward's fault the B's leaked info. As Murph said he has never seen Claude Julien so relaxed after a loss. They even interviewed Marchand about his thoughts on the B's acquiring Iginla. Ward was one of many in the media who had this wrong.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
He took 2 mill less. **** Welker.
Welker offered the Patriots a chance to match but the Patriots already had a deal in place with Amendola. Blaming Welker is absolutely insane. But that's getting way off topic...that'll be my last post on this issue.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wow. Its not Ward's fault the B's leaked info. As Murph said he has never seen Claude Julien so relaxed after a loss. They even interviewed Marchand about his thoughts on the B's acquiring Iginla. Ward was one of many in the media who had this wrong.

Well, he reported it as done. He was the first, and you know what, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Loved him during his time here but **** does this sting

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
That's because Yzerman isn't a morbidly obese Pejorative Slured man.

Seriously. How is Feaster a GM? He reminds me of jabba. First the O'Reilly move and then getting this TRASH for their franchise player? Hope he's fired, Pens get flipped by Toronto in the1st round and Iginla never gets a cup #bitter #stlouisorbust

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Do you think Chia even would've signed Bart to that 1 year ONE WAY extension? I sad that as a precursor to all of this. Now he's stuck with a player he doesn't want

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Agreed. My take on what happened: Ward got word that the deal was agreed to, and considering Iginla had the Bruins on his list, Ward just assumed that meant it was a done deal. What he couldn't see coming was Iginla changing his mind and choosing Pittsburgh.

So yes, technically it wasn't "done" as Ward reported, but nobody could've seen this coming. It's a shocker of all shockers and Ward is still a good reporter. This was bad luck for him more than anything. Maybe he'll be a little more careful with his wording next time and call it agreed in principle, but I can't kill Ward for this.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
We could all live with "trade getting close".

Ward wanted to be the first to be the hero and report it as official and now he has to live with that.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

Bruins sources were saying all along the deal wasn't done.

The real F U comes when Khokhlachev gets called up for his first career NHL game next year in Calgary scoring a hat trick. Feaster's college boys will still be waiting on their first goals as professionals.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
the way this went down, with the bruins sitting out the pieces to the deal. Guys like Mckenzie,Dreger, ward all reporting about the deal.

All that was left was for Iggy to sign his NTC. He decided pittsburgh.

I'm not sure what Chia could have done differently. I'm sure we'll know more soon

I still dont understand it all. He HAD to have known the B's were the front runner. If he never wanted to come here, he would have told Feaster and they wouldn't have even GOT as far as they did with Chia.

now all of a sudden as the trade was going to be announced tomorrow morning, he changes his mind?

BLEGHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad