Rumor: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion VI - Iggy again get it done Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
An absolute embarassment for a media outlet like TSN to report that they way they did.. completely irrrsponbile.

And way for Peter Chiarelli to play his hand sitting out prospects, getting the collective hopes of Bruins nation up only to smash them.. this one hurts badly..

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
And the Penguins aren't even an original 6 team, all they have in that ****** city is a big river!

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The more I think about it, the more I think Feaster had to have known all along. I can't see how he didn't. Chia was getting used to drive up the price and Shero didn't blink.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The bruins will win the cup. This reminds me when Arod went to the yanks in 04. Ths will motivate the b's. Time for this board to get over Iginla. What we need is another Kaberle, Kelly, Peverley type move

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Wow Chia from hero to Zero in about 7 posts. Epic fail if it fell through because he pushed to hard on the first rounder. Maybe he thought he was trading for rolston or zanon?? Guarantee if he does make a trade or trades it will be similar to the past two years some old "depth thick" guy(s) :laugh: sorry but the past few weeks with this team have been awful this seals it for me. Between clode the genius and chiarelli, seriously losing faith in this organization.

And Btw do then Pens operate under their own cap?? And how do they have so many assets to give up??! Sorry for the rant. Being the pessimist i am I see another one and done playoff run this year.

GodTukka*

An absolute embarassment for a media outlet like TSN to report that they way they did.. completely irrrsponbile.

And way for Peter Chiarelli to play his hand sitting out prospects, getting the collective hopes of Bruins nation up only to smash them.. this one hurts badly..

In McKenzie's defense he never said anything was official.

Ward, despite working with a guy like that apparently didn't get the memo

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
At this point I dont even want a trade. Am I wrong to think after the past month this is a lost year??

I would disagree with that. When the Bruins feel like skating, they can absolutely dominate--they just do it in 5-10 sometimes 20 minute spurts, and never the full 60. They are basically in ever game, and even scored 5 in tonight's disaster. I want a trade because there are holes in the lineup and they have the cap space--why not give yourself a better chance. But I feel "comfortable" with the Bruins being able to give any team out there fits, and as good a chance as anyone to come out of the east. But, I could be deluded. It is 2:20am, after all :)

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

To be fair Pittsburgh may have pulled their guys from their respective games too ... unfortunately NOONE KNOWS WHO THE #$%# THEY ARE.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

Chia doesn't care and you can expect a resounding "we don't talk about other teams players" comment tomorrow.

Vent now, this deal is over and the Bruins will not address it in any serious way...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
As a Bruins fan I am ticked off-not so much that Iginila didn't come here, but in how all this went down.

As a Calgary fan I would be ticked off pretty much at the return. They may have thought Koko and Bart were bad prospects, but at least one has some NHL games and the other is very close to ready with lots of OHL success.

I am still wondering how the flipping Pens get everything and everyone and can afford to pay for it all.

MSL isn't getting traded and if he does get traded I highly doubt Tampa trades him to next year's division rival the Bruins.

Hopefully there are some players Chia was working to obtain as a back up plan. I am just thankful if the B's were getting screwed on the Iginla deal it happened today and not on deadline day when Chia wouldn't have time for anything.

I think it sounds like the Bruins thought they had the trade, and Iginla put the brakes on it.

Not sure this is Feaster's doing, but more Iginla's. Be interesting to hear Chia's response.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The more I think about it, the more I think Feaster had to have known all along. I can't see how he didn't. Chia was getting used to drive up the price and Shero didn't blink.

You don't tell another GM to sit his prospects out and then turn around and then trade the player somewhere else. That's completely dishonest and unethical.

This is Iginla blowing this up at the last possible second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad