Rumor: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion VI - Iggy again get it done Chia

Status
Not open for further replies.

thornton22

Mar 13, 2013
Boston
The Penguins?!?!? Of all ****ing teams. The Penguins?!? If it was "Surprise!!! He's a King/Hawk" I would have still loved it. The ****ING FLIGHTLESS BIRDS?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!???

Exactly, but no, it's the ******* Pens. I love(d) Iginla but now I can't cheer for him, because he's on the same team as Matt ******* Cooke. If the Pens make the Stanley Cup finals, I'm going to be rooting for whichever Western Conference team is playing against them, unless it's the Canucks, in which case I'll probably pretend hockey doesn't exist. But how amazing would it be if we ended up crushing them in the playoffs?

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Clowe/Jagr

Whitney/Streit

Clowe has been a warrior in the playoffs but he sure is slumping right now and I don't think he brings the finish we need for what we would expect from him. Jagr is a bum in the playoffs. St. Louis would be amazing but I think he has one year left on his deal and its like 6 million so he will cost more in terms of both cash and assets to acquire him. I say just go for the underdog pickup a la Recchi and get Ryan Smyth. He can play the second pp unit and position himself in front of the net. Then we need to get a solid defensman. Someone like Tim Gleason who can block shots, hit and be solid in his own end. Right now with Hamilton, Krug and Johnson we are a little soft in the d-zone.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Don't think it's Iginla's part in not wanting to go to Boston. I'm guessing Feaster pulled a quick one and REALLY wanted that 2013 1st round pick and not a conditional from Boston.

double5son10

Jan 20, 2011
Denver
I am still wondering how the flipping Pens get everything and everyone and can afford to pay for it all.

We'll see how they do at the end of the '13-'14 season when they have to resign Malkin, Kunitz, Letang, Sutter, Orpik, Niskanen, Despres and find a back-up for Fleury. Not surprising Shero is going all-in this year. Cap shrinks next season, then the Pens are in for harsh reality thereafter.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Neither of them were playing in games because they are in college and colleges only play on Weekends.

Chiarelli got played. He deserves all the criticism he gets. Next time he makes a move like sitting out his specs/players he better get a ****ing signature.

And depending on what team's they play for, their college seasons are over if those colleges aren't in the playoffs.

NCAA playoffs begin tomorrow (eg Friday since it is now Thursday).

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
I'm sure Aaron Ward is a nice guys, but the **** he pulled tonight is down right embarassing for TSN

It's not going to be a fun 48 hours for Peter Chiarelli, I can see him overpaying for some piece of **** like Ryan Whitney like anyone is going to forget about his epic fail to close this deal. I know it was Jaromes choice in the end.. but he got played big time..

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Don't think it's Iginla's part in not wanting to go to Boston. I'm guessing Feaster pulled a quick one and REALLY wanted that 2013 1st round pick and not a conditional from Boston.

No iggy just wanted to go to the stacked team for an easy ride.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
At this point I dont even want a trade. Am I wrong to think after the past month this is a lost year??

Couldn't agree more. They needed a legit goal scorer and probably more than the dog man as well as another top 4 d. None i of that's happening. Plus I don't think clode would allow an offensive minded guy in his lineup.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Bruins sources were saying all along the deal wasn't done.

The real F U comes when Khokhlachev gets called up for his first career NHL game next year in Calgary scoring a hat trick. Feaster's college boys will still be waiting on their first goals as professionals.

The one thing I fault the B's on is if they were in fact saying the deal wasn't done, they should not have been letting their players do interviews regarding Jarome Iginla its just bad form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad