Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Wow, I sure as hell hope it isn't that much or we're in serious trouble with Kessel.

It all started with the grabo contract. If he got 4.75-5 mil, we would be fine. Since lupul and kessel are definitely higher caliber players, they will ask for 6-7 mil each using grabo's contract as a baseline

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Exactly.

Wow, I sure as hell hope it isn't that much or we're in serious trouble with Kessel.

That Grabo deal set a bad precedent.If Lupul gets $6 million,Kessel will want $8 million plus,if he even stays.More and more I think we have no choice but to trade Kessel before it is too late.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kessels getting top money. Look at what Zajac got. Heck, look at what Grabo got. Dont expect less then 7x7 with Kessel.

Definitely deserves it, thats what top 10 scorers in the league get. Look at parise, kessel is in that calibre, if not higher.

iLAICHjagrBOMBS

Jan 25, 2011
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Sure sounds like #Stars deal with Jamie Benn getting finalized. Latest Dal offer I heard was 33M. Look for cap hit around 5.5M for 5/6 yrs

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
That Grabo deal set a bad precedent.If Lupul gets $6 million,Kessel will want $8 million plus,if he even stays.More and more I think we have no choice but to trade Kessel before it is too late.

Grabo for Loungo, a real trade a need for a need.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
same rate as Grabo is fine with me for Lupul. He's playing with Kessel so his point total is a bit inflated and Grabs has to carry the 2nd line.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
there's no point in signing lupul at this point lets wait till late march to see what we actually have in Lupul.

well if you can get a good cap hit i.e. 4.5 now or wait and then have to pay 5.5 later then it makes sense

he's had one good season , will he do it again?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
well if you can get a good cap hit i.e. 4.5 now or wait and then have to pay 5.5 later then it makes sense

he's had one good season , will he do it again?

He was a perennial 20+goal scorer, just never got the minutes he deserved. He got an opportunity here and ran with it.

But yes, I would wait and see how he performs at least half the season and then sign him.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
A couple of things wrong with that picture.

Then we will need a 50+pt center.

We aren't very strong up the middle.Gillis wants the sun and the moon for Luongo.A slow start will bring Gillis back to earth as the new cap $64 million looms in large.Right now they have no second line and the money is locked up.For now we go with Scrivens and Reimer,taking a relook at game 10.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
there's no point in signing lupul at this point lets wait till late march to see what we actually have in Lupul.

Or Nonis can play the "unproven" card now getting him for ~5 and if he takes off again than its a steal. itll only be pocket change more than he makes now anyway.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
We aren't very strong up the middle.Gillis wants the sun and the moon for Luongo.A slow start will bring Gillis back to earth as the new cap $64 million looms in large.Right now they have no second line and the money is locked up.For now we go with Scrivens and Reimer,taking a relook at game 10.

I think Luongo is a better player and more valuable then Grabs, but we are already hurting for high quality C's. Doing that trade will not help us win more. It will just mean we trade our horrible Goals Against stat for a horrible Goals For stat. We lose for different reasons. Luongo wasn't good enough (who is) to lead the Panthers to the playoffs in his prime. Why would he lead us if we lose one of our best assets.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
If we can sign Lupul to a fair deal now, we should absolutely go for it. Otherwise you risk him getting an even fatter raise if he does well, or risk him testing free agency.

Get er done Nonis!

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Not Leafs related, but take this for what it is worth as usual and this is not gospel but it sounds as if Edmonton and Columbus have already had talks with Redden's agent as to what the intentions of Redden and are more than likely the front runners at this point.

Yes, he hasn't been bought out yet, but I dont believe NYR brass will be taking any issue with premature discussions with other teams until the buyout is official.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad